Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Where We’re At:
3. (Goat’s Horror Noire) Ernest R. Dickerson’s Tales From the Crypt: Demon Knight vs. 14. (Basebf’s Always Back The Drac) Édouard Molinaro’s Dracula and Son
6. (Weapon X’s In Space No One Can Hear You Stream) Jason Eisener’s Hobo With A Shotgun vs. 11. Lucio Fulci’s Voices from Beyond

You can vote in this round until 12 noon EST May 6th (or when I get to it)

Next Week!
2. The Zombie Brothers vs. 15. John Carl Buechler
7. Chucky and His Pals vs. 10. Monsters, Monsters, and More Monsters

----------------------------------------------

I'm sick, I'm in pain, I'm exhausted... but I'm still nuts so doing this.

Ok, we're back. I'm running late on this since the last few weeks have been hell for me and I'm recovering from a cold and just general exhaustion. But I gotta get this started. I'm also gonna try and simplify this and make it less completely insane seeming. I'll do my best.

For anyone new or previously scared off by this, fear not. Its actually much simpler than it seems. We put together a tournament bracket of teams of films/directors and through the first 9 months of 2024 I'll just draw 4 new films each week that we'll watch, discuss, and vote on. Its that simple and you can participate as much or little as you want. Just come around every week for the new movies when you want to.

The complicated part happens now as we make up our bracket. To state it simply we nominate individual directors and teams of directors and then vote to see who makes the cut. The teams are made up by posters using directors who don't have enough movies of their own or to feed some kind of theme. Basically a director needs 6 movies or he has to be on a team. And we don't reuse movies so the 575 films we've watched the last 4 years aren't eligible.

So far two solo directors (Ken Russell and John Carpenter) and two teams (twernt's Spooky Swinging Sixties and MacheteZombie’s The One n Dones) have won so its anyone’s game really.

Ok, this is the complicated part.

Nominations

Everyone is free to nominate any solo director with 6 or more movies at any time. Anyone who had teams in last year’s tournament can renominate up to 5 teams at any time. Once we start our “draft” posters can nominate new teams or add to existing teams once a day. Is that simple enough?

Teams can be any number of directors who have 6 movies with a soft cap of 10. By “soft” i mean if your idea takes you over it and no one objects then its cool. But we’re trying not to hoard movies/directors so there is a limit. Any movies drawn in past tourneys are ineligible. You can find these movies on the spreadsheet or Letterboxd Master List, links at the bottom of this post. We play loose with what defines a “horror”. Thrillers are allowed and if you feel strongly about something else then we’ll let voting decide. Generally if you don’t give me a list of movies I’ll go by what Letterboxd lists as horror but that’s pretty arbitrary. Anthologies and short films are a grey area. You can include them if you want but you don’t need to. If a film is unreleased, lost, or otherwise impossible to watch you can skip it.

Does that make sense? I can expand as I have in past years but I think consensus is I tend to over do it and make it too confusing. Hopefully this is simpler and easier to digest and less intimidating.

In past years we had a “council” of posters who would grant byes to nominees. Last year someone suggested we give one bye to everyone who nominates a team so I’m doing that this year. No council, but if you nominate a team or director then you can pick a nominee to get a bye into the tournament past the initial voting process. You can give that bye to anyone including your own team and at any time before the voting begins. I’ll keep a list of everyone here.

Byes
STAC Goat - Wes Craven
Darthemed - Ratno Timoer
Kangra - Team Japanese Whimsy
twernt - Wyrd Woods and Macabre Magick
married but discreet - Takashi Miike
Basebf555 - The Magical Muppet Wizardry of Jim Henson and Friends
Class3KillStorm - Steve's Monster Blockbusters
Weapon X - The Zombie Brothers
Samfucius - I Ain't Never Seen This Before

And finally our first entry into the tournament was decided by the HalloweeNIT and its married but discreet’s Older Than America team. So that’s 1 slot down and 63 to go.

I hope all this makes sense but if you any questions simply ask.

Important Dates
Subject to change
  • Now: Any teams from last year can be renominated. New films from existing directors can be added, but no new directors. There’s a cap of 5 teams per poster.
  • You can nominate a director with 6 or more films at any time.
  • Dec 6th 7th noon EST: “Draft” begins and any new teams can be nominated. New directors can also be added to old teams. You can only nominate/update one team a day.
  • Dec 15th noon EST: Draft limits end, anyone can nominate as many teams as they like.
  • Dec 18th noon EST: Nominations lock and voting begins.
  • Dec 26th noon EST: Voting ends and Bracket is locked.
  • Jan 1st: Tourney begins.

2020: Franchise Tournament Thread / Franchise Letterboxd List / Directors Tournament Thread / Directors Letterboxd List
2021: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT Letterboxd List
2022: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT Letterboxd List
2023: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT ’23 Letterboxd List
2024: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List
Cumulative: Letterboxd Master List

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reserved for something I haven't thought of yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the name of illustration I'll start the nominations again. John Carpenter got his win last year so maybe its Wes' turn.

Wes Craven
Scream
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream 2
Scream 4
Scream 3
New Nightmare
The Hills Have Eyes
The Serpent and The Rainbow
Swamp Thing
Vampire in Brooklyn
My Soul to Take
Deadly Blessing
Deadly Friend
Chiller
Invitation to Hell

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gonna break with my tradition of opening with a David DeCoteau nomination by nominating Fred Olen Ray instead.

Films: a bunch, a whole bunch, quite a few, and a lot

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Solo director nomination: Noboru Iguchi

Films:
The Machine Girl
Dead Sushi
Zombie rear end: Toilet of the Dead
RoboGeisha
Tomie: Unlimited
Ghost Squad
Nuigulumar Z
Sukeban Boy
Raining Blood
Kazuo Umezu’s Horror Theater: Snake Girl
Cat-Eyed Boy
A Larva to Love
The World YAMIZUKAN
IDOL NEVER DiES
Tales of Terror: Gi

Those are all of his films as the sole director. He’s also contributed to anthology films (e.g., The ABCs of Death), but also some multi-director full-length features (e.g., Mutant Girls Squad). Could we go ahead and get a ruling on how those latter types of films should be handled in nominations?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darthemed posted:

Those are all of his films as the sole director. He’s also contributed to anthology films (e.g., The ABCs of Death), but also some multi-director full-length features (e.g., Mutant Girls Squad). Could we go ahead and get a ruling on how those latter types of films should be handled in nominations?

The way we did it last year it’s your call. If you think it’s representative of the director’s work then you can include it. If it’s one 3 minute entry of a 25 bit film. Well that’s your call. But I’d say as always follow your judgment and listen if anyone objects.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Renominating

Koreans Gone Global - Korean directors who've achieved a fair bit of international recognition.

Bong Joon-Ho
Mother

Park Chan-Wook
The Handmaiden
Stoker

Yeon Sang-Ho
The King of Pigs
Seoul Station
Train to Busan

Lee Chang-Dong
Burning

I don't think any of these have any new horror (unless Decision to Leave counts; I haven’t seen it.)

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

Whoa whoa wait, time out.
Hello spook-a-doodles! I'd like to renominate Ishirō Honda who still has a bunch of films left.

Matango
The H Man
War of the Gargantuans
King Kong Escapes
Destroy All Monsters
Mothra vs Godzilla
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
Invasion of Astro-Monster
Terror of Mechagodzilla
All Monsters Attack
Mothra
Frankenstein vs. Baragon
The Mysterians
Atragon
Battle in Outer Space
Dagora, the Space Monster
Latitude Zero
Gorath

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
If I nominate an old team now, can I still add movies to it later? Yes I can

Edit: As usual I nominate Takashi Miike

married but discreet fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Dec 5, 2023

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Ok here are 4 team renominations. Didn't check if they still have enough movies, but it looks like Goat did?

THE INSANE BRUTALITY OF LOVE
Czech This Out (Czechoslovakian New Wave)
Life Affirming Austrians
Neue Deutsche Filme

Directors:
Ngai Choi Lam
Claudio Fragasso
Hasan Karacadağ

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

married but discreet posted:

Ok here are 4 team renominations. Didn't check if they still have enough movies, but it looks like Goat did?

THE INSANE BRUTALITY OF LOVE
Czech This Out (Czechoslovakian New Wave)
Life Affirming Austrians
Neue Deutsche Filme

Directors:
Ngai Choi Lam
Claudio Fragasso
Hasan Karacadağ

All your teams seem to have enough based on what's left over from last year (but yes you can still add to then, once a day when the "draft" starts). But Ngai Choi Larn seems to be down to 5 listed horrors after last year.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I am re-nominating Steve's Monster Blockbusters. This thing needs some popcorn blockbusters to mix things up a little bit.

Also a heads up, I will NOT be re-nominating Tales From the Necronomicon, therefore Sam Raimi, Stuart Gordon, and Michele Soavi will be up for grabs. Of course, they all have somewhat limited selections left, but there's some good stuff still to be had(Soavi still has The Church, Raimi has Evil Dead)

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 5, 2023

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

I'd like to renominate these teams and see if I can cook up a fifth one at some point.

* Tamil Terrors
* Wyrd Woods and Macabre Magick
* Team Sharksploitation
* The Return of the Bride of the Remake's Ghost!

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Gonna re-nominate my team "Chucky and His Pals", starring the works of Tom "I'm not Spider-Man" Holland, John Lafia, Ronny Yu and Don Mancini. I'm pretty sure that they still have 6 films to nominate between them, even if a couple of the bigger guns have been used already.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Renominated teams:
Team Drowning in Atmosphere (Curious Stories, Crooked Symbols is the used-up entry)
Team Australian Aberration
Team Metro Noir Horror Anime
Team Desperation Boils Over
And from back in 2022, Team Low-Budget But Lovable

Also nominating Ataru Oikawa as a solo director.
Films:
Tomie
The Groaning Drain
Tokyo Psycho
Tomie: Beginning
Tomie: Revenge
Apartment 1303
Shrill Cries of Summer
9 + 1
Shrill Cries: Reshuffle
Shojyo Senso

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m pushing back the start time of the “draft” portion until the 7th. Just to give people more time to catch up. I’m rushing this faster than I’d like but there’s a bit of a time crunch for a week of noms, a week of voting, and a week for me to put everything together. And I’m dragging hard due to real life stuff so I don’t want to crunch things too much. But it feels like people are trickling in so I want to give them a bit more time.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm adding to the renominations:

Puberty Sucks - Jimmy Huston, Mary Harron, Michael O’ Shea, Paul Weitz, Wolfgang Groos
Echoes of War - Antti-Jussi Annila, Babak Anvari, Kristijan Milic, Kong Su-chang, Jayro Bustamante
Undying Love - Kamal Amrohi, Jim Jarmusch, Walter Stocker , Ben & Chris Blaine, Kristoffer Tabori, Fred Burnley

They are most likely going to get adjusted later, so I'm not giving the full listing for each one yet. I just wanted to reserve some of them.

Also a solo nom for Dan Curtis (of Dark Shadows and Trilogy of Terror fame)

Kangra fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Dec 6, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
More solo director nominations.

Koji Shiraishi
Films: more than I want to type out

Kiyoshi Kurosawa
Films:
Sweet Home
The Guard from the Underground
Door III
Pulse
Kazuo Umezu’s Horror Theater: House of Bugs
Retribution
Creepy
Daguerrotype

Ruggero Deodato
Films:
Cannibal Holocaust
House on the Edge of the Park
Body Count
Cut and Run
The Washing Machine
Phantom of Death
Dial: Help
Ballad in Blood

Franck Khalfoun
Films:
Maniac
P2
Amityville: The Awakening
Night of the Hunted
Prey
i-Lived

Hideo Nakata
Films:
Curse, Death & Spirit
Don't Look Up
Ring
Ring 2
Dark Water
The Ring Two
Kaidan
The Incite Mill
The Complex
Ghost Theater
White Lily
The Woman Who Keeps a Murderer
Sadako
Stigmatized Properties
It's in the Woods
The Forbidden Play

Adrián Garcia Bogliano
Films:
Rooms for Tourists
Scream at Night
36 Steps
I’ll Never Die Alone
Cold Sweat
Here Comes the Devil
Late Phases
Evil Games
Black Circle
Come Play With Me
The Exorcist

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 6, 2023

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok Renominating some teams

- The Magical Muppet Wizardry of Jim Henson and Friends (Jim Henson, Joe Dante, Frank Oz, Kirk R. Thatcher, Karl Holt, Bill Watterson, Lisa Ovies, and Walter Murch)
Labyrinth
Gremlins
Little Shop of Horrors
The Stepford Wives
Muppets Haunted Mansion
Dave Made a Maze
Puppet Killer
Benny Loves You

- All Hail Stephen King (Stephen King, Ralph S. Singleton, Rob Reiner, Taylor Hackford, Fraser Clarke Heston, and John Lee Hancock)
Maximum Overdrive
Graveyard Shift
Misery
Dolores Claiborne
Needful Things
Mr. Harrington's Phone

- Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities (Guillermo del Toro, André Øvredal, JA Bayone, and David Prior)
Cronos
Crimson Peak
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Pacific Rim
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
The Empty Man
The Autopsy
Adding The Voyage of the Demeter to Ovredal’s filmography

- Horror Noire (Paul Maslansky, Ernest R. Dickerson, Rusty Cundieff, J.D. Dillard, Nia DaCosta, Mariama Diallo, and Jordan Peele)
Nope
Candyman (2021)
Tales from the Hood
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde
Sugar Hill
Sweetheart
Master

- Ladies Night (Emerald Fennell, Natalie Erika James, Jill Gevargizian, Mimi Cave, and Coralie Fargeat)
Promising Young Woman
Relic
The Stylist
Revenge
Fresh
Gonna need a lot of adds but locking those ones in for now. Also adding Fennell’s Saltburn

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Renominating my teams from last year

100% Found Footage
Oren Peli
Paranormal Activity
Area 51
Bobcat Goldthwait
Willow Creek
Joseph and Vanessa Winter
Deadstream
Josh Trank
Chronicle
Scott Glosserman
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
Stephen Cognetti
Hell House LLC
Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire
Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor
Levan Gabriadze
Unfriended

Acolytes of Corman
James Cameron
Piranha 2: The Spawning
The Terminator
Aliens
The Abyss
Francis Ford Coppola
Dracula
Curtis Hanson
Sweet Kill

NYC Grime Connection
Frank Henenlotter
Basket Case
Basket Case 2
Abel Ferrara
Siberia
Joseph Zito
Bloodrage
The Prowler
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

Freddy's Nightmares
Stephen Hopkins
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5
Predator 2
The Reaping
Rachel Talalay
Freddy’s Dead
Ghost in the Machine (93)
A Babysitters Guide to Monster Hunting

Corman and NYC Grime went the furthest, Corman is down to almost all bangers (except Piranha 2 and Sweet Kill which or course will be the ones pulled). NYC Grime is pretty strong still.

Also renominating John Carl Buechler and Renny Harlin

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 6, 2023

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

I have one last overly specific team.

Directors who are also responsible for various 1990s Jean Claude Van Damme action movies

Tsui Hark directed Double Team (1997) and Knock Off (1998)
The Butterfly Murders (1979)
We're Going to Eat You (1980)
Missing (2008)

Ringo Lam directed Maximum Risk (1996)
Victim (1999)
Esprit D'amour (1983)
Making Contact (1985)

Peter Hyams directed Timecop (1994) and Sudden Death (1995)
End of Days (1999)
The Relic (1997)

Roland Emmerich directed Universal Soldier (1992)
Making Contact (1985)
Ghost Chase (1987)

And these directors if they are still eligible

Sergio Martino
René Cardona
Freddie Francis
Roy Ward Baker
Terence Fisher
Roy Ward Baker
Lucio Fulci
Tommy Wirkola
Kiyoshi Kurosawa
Roger Corman
Lamberto Bava

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nominating a couple more solo directors.

Ratno Timoer
Films:
The Devil’s Sword
Jungle Heat
Revenge of the Ninja
The Haunted House
Galunggung Genie
Satan’s Revenge
Female Ghost

Norio Tsuruta
Films:
Scary True Stories
Scary True Stories: Night Two
Scary True Stories: Realm of Spectres
The Shivering Mu Experience
Shin rei bideo I: Shinrei shashin-shuu
Shin rei bideo II: Kyôfu taikendan-shuu
A Haunted School
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi - Special 1
Ring 0
Scarecrow
Premonition
Dream Cruise
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi: 2008 Summer Special
Orochi - Blood
Ousama Game
P.O.V. A Cursed Film
Talk to the Dead
Z
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi: 15th Anniversary Special
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi Natsu Hen 2015
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi 2016
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi 2017
The Perilous Internet Ring
Honto ni Atta Kowai Hanashi: Summer Special 2022

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twernt posted:

I have one last overly specific team.

Directors who are also responsible for various 1990s Jean Claude Van Damme action movies
Right now you can only nominate teams from past tournies. Just a way to retain your legacy teams. Building new teams are one a day in the "draft" starting at 12 noon EST tomorrow/today. About 12 hours from now. I can count it then as your first if you'd like. But are you including those Van Damme films? That was unclear to me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As said, draft starts 12 noon EST Dec 7th. About 11 1/2 hours from now. At that point you can nominate any team you like as long as they haven't been nominated already this year. You can add to teams you renominated from last year as well. But you can only do 1 team a day. After a week the "draft" will end and you can do as many as you wish. For now its limited to one a day so people don't hog all the directors.

twernt
Mar 11, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Right now you can only nominate teams from past tournies. Just a way to retain your legacy teams. Building new teams are one a day in the "draft" starting at 12 noon EST tomorrow/today. About 12 hours from now. I can count it then as your first if you'd like. But are you including those Van Damme films? That was unclear to me.

Sorry that's my misunderstanding. If this can be my first draft team that would be great.

The team should not include the Van Damme films. His filmography is just the theme of the team.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Some more solo noms

Dario Argento, Charles Band, Andy Milligan, Lloyd Kaufman, Tobe Hooper

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m on my phone and I’m totally unprepared and still a mess irl so I’ll make my first pick simply. I’m adding Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Ernest Scared Stupid to the Henson/Muppet team.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

My sweet boy Robert Zombie is at 5 and he still has his 4 best movies! (and Superbeasto….) He has a lot of frequent collaborators but none of them directors however there is one director who has put a Rob Zombie cameo in every single one of his films, James Gunn. So I’d like to team them up as Zombie Gunn. I think Slither feels at home with Zombies filmography anyway.

Rob Zombie
House of 1000 Corpses
Halloween
The Devils Rejects
Lords of Salem
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

James Gunn
Slither

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 8, 2023

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Zombie’s brother made a movie so I was tempted to put them together. Of course I was also tempted to team Zombie with Mike Flanagan for a laugh.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Okay, I'm breaking apart my old 'sister/sibling act' team, and shifting them to other teams.

First out is the new line-up for Puberty Sucks
Wolfgang Groos is out, and they welcome John Fawcett. This makes the team thematically darker, as it gets rid of the ones that had a more comedic tone. (technically I might rename it to Puberty Bites, since it's no longer all-vampires, but I'll keep the name to avoid confusion).

John Fawcett
Ginger Snaps
The Dark

Mary Harron
The Moth Diaries

Jimmy Huston
My Best Friend is a Vampire (aka I Was a Teenage Vampire)
Final Exam

Michael O’ Shea
The Transfiguration

Paul Weitz
Cirque du Freak: The Vampire’s Assistant

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I think Zombie’s brother made a movie so I was tempted to put them together. Of course I was also tempted to team Zombie with Mike Flanagan for a laugh.

Ah didn’t know that! I was gonna do Dee Snyder but apparently he just wrote Strangeland not directed.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Always Back The Drac

John Badham - Dracula(1979)
Francis Ford Coppola - Bram Stoker's Dracula
George Melford - Dracula(1931)
Werner Herzog - Nosferatu The Vampyre
Mel Brooks - Dracula Dead and Loving It, Young Frankenstein

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Always Back The Drac

Francis Ford Coppola - Bram Stoker's Dracula
Werner Herzog - Nosferatu The Vampyre
Mel Brooks - Dracula Dead and Loving It, Young Frankenstein

I got Coppola’s Dracula on my Corman team but this is a great idea, if anyone has a Corman protege to replace him I’ll switch

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

I got Coppola’s Dracula on my Corman team but this is a great idea, if anyone has a Corman protege to replace him I’ll switch

In the meantime I'll dig around and see if there's another Drac director I can use. There's a seemingly neverending well of Drac to draw from.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Herzog’s Nosferatu was also drawn this year so not eligible. Sorry.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dang now that one I thought I'd checked the spreadsheet for, not sure how I missed it. I do recall now that it was picked.

I'll post a reworked Drac team tomorrow.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nominating Team Tomie (And Pals) Minus Ataru Oikawa. Ataru Oikawa outgrew this team, with fourteen horror films of their own, so this team is comprised of every other director who's handled a Tomie film.

Toshirô Inomata
Tomie: Another Face

Fujirô Mitsuishi
Tomie: Replay

Shun Nakahara
Tomie: Forbidden Fruit

Tomohiro Kubo
Tomie vs Tomie

Tomohiro Kubo, Tomoyuki Akashi, and Hideaki Yoshida
Oboeteiru

Tomoyuki Akashi and Kenji Nakanishi
Kadokawa Mystery & Horror Tales Vol. 1

Kenji Nakanishi and Takayuki Sato
Kadokawa Mystery & Horror Tales Vol. 2

Tomoyuki Akashi, Toshio Oida, and Hideaki Yoshida
Kadokawa Mystery & Horror Tales Vol. 3

Kenji Nakanishi
The Face Burglar
Street of Gravestones

I can't find much info on Street of Gravestones, so if we locate a copy and it turns out to be a short film, can I delete it in advance?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Always Back The Drac

Édouard Molinaro - Dracula and Son(1976)
Mel Brooks - Dracula Dead and Loving It(1995), Young Frankenstein(1974)
Paul Landres - The Return of Dracula(1958), The Vampire(1957)

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

My other fav James Wan is under 6 films so I’d like to introduce Teamsidious- the collected films of directors in the Insidious Franchise.

James Wan
Saw
Insidious
The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2

Leigh Whannel
Insidious: Chapter 3
Upgrade
The Invisible Man

Adam Robitel
The Taking of Deborah Logan
Insidious: The Last Key
Escape Room
Escape Room: Tournament of Champions

Patrick Wilson
Insidious: The Red Door

Feel like there is some interesting synergy between these guys. I’m already at 11 without Patrick Wilson so I can leave him and his single directorial debut off the list for now unless ppl object.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Here's a new team:
A Crate of Crichton Fright Freight
Obviously there's more than one big movie based on a Michael Crichton work that's not here, but trying to include them all would overload the team. This is just a sampling.

Michael Crichton
Westworld
Coma
Looker

Barry Levinson
Sphere
The Bay

Frank Marshall
Congo
Arachnophobia

If people want to argue for any more films to put on there (Runaway? Sleepers?) I'll add them.