Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Where We’re At:
3. (Goat’s Horror Noire) Jordan Peele’s Nope vs. 11. Lucio Fulci’s The House by the Cemetery
4. Tobe Hooper’s Djinn vs. 5. (Goat’s Team Zombie aka the New and Improved Knockoffs of the Living Dead) Dan O’Bannon’s Return of the Living Dead

You can vote in this round until 12 noon EST May 27th (or when I get to it)

Next Week!
1. Steve's Monster Blockbusters vs. 8. 100% Found Footage
2. The Zombie Brothers vs. 10. Monsters, Monsters, and More Monsters

----------------------------------------------

I'm sick, I'm in pain, I'm exhausted... but I'm still nuts so doing this.

Ok, we're back. I'm running late on this since the last few weeks have been hell for me and I'm recovering from a cold and just general exhaustion. But I gotta get this started. I'm also gonna try and simplify this and make it less completely insane seeming. I'll do my best.

For anyone new or previously scared off by this, fear not. Its actually much simpler than it seems. We put together a tournament bracket of teams of films/directors and through the first 9 months of 2024 I'll just draw 4 new films each week that we'll watch, discuss, and vote on. Its that simple and you can participate as much or little as you want. Just come around every week for the new movies when you want to.

The complicated part happens now as we make up our bracket. To state it simply we nominate individual directors and teams of directors and then vote to see who makes the cut. The teams are made up by posters using directors who don't have enough movies of their own or to feed some kind of theme. Basically a director needs 6 movies or he has to be on a team. And we don't reuse movies so the 575 films we've watched the last 4 years aren't eligible.

So far two solo directors (Ken Russell and John Carpenter) and two teams (twernt's Spooky Swinging Sixties and MacheteZombie’s The One n Dones) have won so its anyone’s game really.

Ok, this is the complicated part.

Nominations

Everyone is free to nominate any solo director with 6 or more movies at any time. Anyone who had teams in last year’s tournament can renominate up to 5 teams at any time. Once we start our “draft” posters can nominate new teams or add to existing teams once a day. Is that simple enough?

Teams can be any number of directors who have 6 movies with a soft cap of 10. By “soft” i mean if your idea takes you over it and no one objects then its cool. But we’re trying not to hoard movies/directors so there is a limit. Any movies drawn in past tourneys are ineligible. You can find these movies on the spreadsheet or Letterboxd Master List, links at the bottom of this post. We play loose with what defines a “horror”. Thrillers are allowed and if you feel strongly about something else then we’ll let voting decide. Generally if you don’t give me a list of movies I’ll go by what Letterboxd lists as horror but that’s pretty arbitrary. Anthologies and short films are a grey area. You can include them if you want but you don’t need to. If a film is unreleased, lost, or otherwise impossible to watch you can skip it.

Does that make sense? I can expand as I have in past years but I think consensus is I tend to over do it and make it too confusing. Hopefully this is simpler and easier to digest and less intimidating.

In past years we had a “council” of posters who would grant byes to nominees. Last year someone suggested we give one bye to everyone who nominates a team so I’m doing that this year. No council, but if you nominate a team or director then you can pick a nominee to get a bye into the tournament past the initial voting process. You can give that bye to anyone including your own team and at any time before the voting begins. I’ll keep a list of everyone here.

Byes
STAC Goat - Wes Craven
Darthemed - Ratno Timoer
Kangra - Team Japanese Whimsy
twernt - Wyrd Woods and Macabre Magick
married but discreet - Takashi Miike
Basebf555 - The Magical Muppet Wizardry of Jim Henson and Friends
Class3KillStorm - Steve's Monster Blockbusters
Weapon X - The Zombie Brothers
Samfucius - I Ain't Never Seen This Before

And finally our first entry into the tournament was decided by the HalloweeNIT and its married but discreet’s Older Than America team. So that’s 1 slot down and 63 to go.

I hope all this makes sense but if you any questions simply ask.

Important Dates
Subject to change
  • Now: Any teams from last year can be renominated. New films from existing directors can be added, but no new directors. There’s a cap of 5 teams per poster.
  • You can nominate a director with 6 or more films at any time.
  • Dec 6th 7th noon EST: “Draft” begins and any new teams can be nominated. New directors can also be added to old teams. You can only nominate/update one team a day.
  • Dec 15th noon EST: Draft limits end, anyone can nominate as many teams as they like.
  • Dec 18th noon EST: Nominations lock and voting begins.
  • Dec 26th noon EST: Voting ends and Bracket is locked.
  • Jan 1st: Tourney begins.

2020: Franchise Tournament Thread / Franchise Letterboxd List / Directors Tournament Thread / Directors Letterboxd List
2021: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT Letterboxd List
2022: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT Letterboxd List
2023: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List / HalloweeNIT ’23 Letterboxd List
2024: Thread / Spreadsheet / Letterboxd List
Cumulative: Letterboxd Master List

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reserved for something I haven't thought of yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the name of illustration I'll start the nominations again. John Carpenter got his win last year so maybe its Wes' turn.

Wes Craven
Scream
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream 2
Scream 4
Scream 3
New Nightmare
The Hills Have Eyes
The Serpent and The Rainbow
Swamp Thing
Vampire in Brooklyn
My Soul to Take
Deadly Blessing
Deadly Friend
Chiller
Invitation to Hell

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darthemed posted:

Those are all of his films as the sole director. He’s also contributed to anthology films (e.g., The ABCs of Death), but also some multi-director full-length features (e.g., Mutant Girls Squad). Could we go ahead and get a ruling on how those latter types of films should be handled in nominations?

The way we did it last year it’s your call. If you think it’s representative of the director’s work then you can include it. If it’s one 3 minute entry of a 25 bit film. Well that’s your call. But I’d say as always follow your judgment and listen if anyone objects.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

married but discreet posted:

Ok here are 4 team renominations. Didn't check if they still have enough movies, but it looks like Goat did?

THE INSANE BRUTALITY OF LOVE
Czech This Out (Czechoslovakian New Wave)
Life Affirming Austrians
Neue Deutsche Filme

Directors:
Ngai Choi Lam
Claudio Fragasso
Hasan Karacadağ

All your teams seem to have enough based on what's left over from last year (but yes you can still add to then, once a day when the "draft" starts). But Ngai Choi Larn seems to be down to 5 listed horrors after last year.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m pushing back the start time of the “draft” portion until the 7th. Just to give people more time to catch up. I’m rushing this faster than I’d like but there’s a bit of a time crunch for a week of noms, a week of voting, and a week for me to put everything together. And I’m dragging hard due to real life stuff so I don’t want to crunch things too much. But it feels like people are trickling in so I want to give them a bit more time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok Renominating some teams

- The Magical Muppet Wizardry of Jim Henson and Friends (Jim Henson, Joe Dante, Frank Oz, Kirk R. Thatcher, Karl Holt, Bill Watterson, Lisa Ovies, and Walter Murch)
Labyrinth
Gremlins
Little Shop of Horrors
The Stepford Wives
Muppets Haunted Mansion
Dave Made a Maze
Puppet Killer
Benny Loves You

- All Hail Stephen King (Stephen King, Ralph S. Singleton, Rob Reiner, Taylor Hackford, Fraser Clarke Heston, and John Lee Hancock)
Maximum Overdrive
Graveyard Shift
Misery
Dolores Claiborne
Needful Things
Mr. Harrington's Phone

- Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities (Guillermo del Toro, André Øvredal, JA Bayone, and David Prior)
Cronos
Crimson Peak
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Pacific Rim
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
The Empty Man
The Autopsy
Adding The Voyage of the Demeter to Ovredal’s filmography

- Horror Noire (Paul Maslansky, Ernest R. Dickerson, Rusty Cundieff, J.D. Dillard, Nia DaCosta, Mariama Diallo, and Jordan Peele)
Nope
Candyman (2021)
Tales from the Hood
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
Dr. Black, Mr. Hyde
Sugar Hill
Sweetheart
Master

- Ladies Night (Emerald Fennell, Natalie Erika James, Jill Gevargizian, Mimi Cave, and Coralie Fargeat)
Promising Young Woman
Relic
The Stylist
Revenge
Fresh
Gonna need a lot of adds but locking those ones in for now. Also adding Fennell’s Saltburn

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twernt posted:

I have one last overly specific team.

Directors who are also responsible for various 1990s Jean Claude Van Damme action movies
Right now you can only nominate teams from past tournies. Just a way to retain your legacy teams. Building new teams are one a day in the "draft" starting at 12 noon EST tomorrow/today. About 12 hours from now. I can count it then as your first if you'd like. But are you including those Van Damme films? That was unclear to me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As said, draft starts 12 noon EST Dec 7th. About 11 1/2 hours from now. At that point you can nominate any team you like as long as they haven't been nominated already this year. You can add to teams you renominated from last year as well. But you can only do 1 team a day. After a week the "draft" will end and you can do as many as you wish. For now its limited to one a day so people don't hog all the directors.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I’m on my phone and I’m totally unprepared and still a mess irl so I’ll make my first pick simply. I’m adding Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Ernest Scared Stupid to the Henson/Muppet team.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Zombie’s brother made a movie so I was tempted to put them together. Of course I was also tempted to team Zombie with Mike Flanagan for a laugh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Herzog’s Nosferatu was also drawn this year so not eligible. Sorry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeaponX posted:

My other fav James Wan is under 6 films so I’d like to introduce Teamsidious- the collected films of directors in the Insidious Franchise.

Feel like there is some interesting synergy between these guys. I’m already at 11 without Patrick Wilson so I can leave him and his single directorial debut off the list for now unless ppl object.

I'm pro theme and its part of why there's a "soft cap" so I vote you can just include Wilson's in the name of synergy and him not finding a better home than this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Meanwhile I remain a completely unprepared mess and have no idea what to nominate or how to build my teams so... uh... adding Tim Story’s The Blackening and Bomani J. Story’s The Angry Black Girl and Her Monster to Horror Noire.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Friendly reminder. Don’t make nominations in edits. Not as some kind of rule or anything but because I keep track of this by going post by post and adding to the spreadsheet. So if you edit a post after I’ve been there I have no idea and lose all track. Also always good to double check to make sure your noms have been registered. Just give me a chance but feel free to double check my work if I miss something.

Speaking of…

WeaponX posted:

My sweet boy Robert Zombie is at 5 and he still has his 4 best movies! (and Superbeasto….) He has a lot of frequent collaborators but none of them directors however there is one director who has put a Rob Zombie cameo in every single one of his films, James Gunn. So I’d like to team them up as Zombie Gunn. I think Slither feels at home with Zombies filmography anyway.

Rob Zombie
House of 1000 Corpses
Halloween
The Devils Rejects pop
Lords of Salem
The Haunted World of El Superbeasto

James Gunn
Slither

Unfurtunately a double check says Slither has been played. So Zombie needs to find someone else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, yeah. I should pick someone.

Uhh...

Renominating The Enemies of Horror (Aaron Moorehead & Justin Benson, Amy Seimetz, and Brea Grant) I guess.

Endless
Resolution
She Dies Tomorrow
Synchronic
Sun Don’t Shine
Torn Hearts
Something in the Dirt

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darthemed posted:

Nominating Team Snoopernatural, a sextet of movies about investigations that get weird.

Cyril Frankel
The Witches

David Prior
The Empty Man
The Autopsy

Ricky Umberger
The Fear Footage
The Fear Footage 2: Curse of the Tape
The Fear Footage 3AM

David Prior is on GdT's Cabinet of Curiosities. Sorry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You're gonna have to be more specific here since Sonenfeld doesn't even have any horrors listed and the first two have over 10 counting their shorts (which you can skip if you wish).

Like I guess the Addams Family movies and the features from the other two?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ladies Night (Emerald Fennell, Natalie Erika James, Jill Gevargizian, Mimi Cave, and Coralie Fargeat)
Promising Young Woman
Relic
The Stylist
Revenge
Fresh
Saltburn

Adding Beth de Araújo’s Soft & Quiet
Adding Ana Asensio’s Most Beautiful Island
Adding Anvita Dutt’s Bulbbul

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeaponX posted:

Christophe Gans
Necronomicon: Book of the Dead
This was actually drawn in 2020 for Brian Yuzna. Rest of the team looks ok. Although given the team theme I think you should probably include Anderson's Monster Hunter and maybe Death Race (since we've played the original).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bracketology Redux was a bit of a joke idea for me last year but it turned out to make one the best runs of any of my teams ever. Go figure. So time to restock it with more remakes of films we've already seen in Bracketology and see whether they do better or worse.

Bracketology Redux (Kenneth Branagh, Spike Lee, )
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Oldboy

Adding Egidio Coccimiglio’s Compulsion
Alex Kurtzman’s The Mummy
Matt Sobel’s Good Night Mommy
Steve Beck’s Thirteen Ghosts and Ghost Ship

Even if twernt's remake team is basically like all Redux films too making me feel redundant. What can you do?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I updated the 2023 nominees list to remove those who have been renominated. Mostly. Should make it easier to see who's still available.

We've seen a bunch of him as an actor, seen a bunch of films he's produced, but still haven't managed to get him in as a director. Maybe this is the year... Larry Fessenden

Habit
Wendigo
Depraved
The Last Winter
Beneath
No Telling
Blackout

Tempted to include Return of The Ghoul Log

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Samfucius posted:

Oh wild. I nominated this exact team last year too :bravo:
I had him listed for two teams apparently. My bad. Sorry about that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also a quick update. I adjusted the schedule a bit. We'll keep this one team a day thing going until Friday the 15th and noon EST. Then through the weekend everyone can nominate as much as they want. Nominations will lock at 12 noon EST Monday the 18th. Then I'll get a vote together and we'll do that until after Christmas.

Sound good? Sound clear?

• Now: Any teams from last year can be renominated. New films from existing directors can be added, but no new directors. There’s a cap of 5 teams per poster.
  • You can nominate a director with 6 or more films at any time.
  • Dec 6th 7th noon EST: “Draft” begins and any new teams can be nominated. New directors can also be added to old teams. You can only nominate/update one team a day.
  • Dec 15th noon EST: Draft limits end, anyone can nominate as many teams as they like.
  • Dec 18th noon EST: Nominations lock and voting begins.
  • Dec 26th noon EST: Voting ends and Bracket is locked.
  • Jan 1st: Tourney begins.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Basebf555 posted:

Was there an issue with this team I posted earlier? Just noticed that it hadn't made it onto the spreadsheet.

I just missed it. Sorry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There is a small problem. twernt grabbed Hymans/Relic. But you have enough films without it.

twernt posted:

Directors who are also responsible for various 1990s Jean Claude Van Damme action movies

Peter Hyams directed Timecop (1994) and Sudden Death (1995)
End of Days (1999)
The Relic (1997)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok I was up all night with a fever which I guess is what I needed to finally brainstorm a new team.

I was gonna poach Ti West for this team but alas. I’m gonna group up today’s headlining Scream Queens. Samara Weaving, Jenna Ortega, Mia Goth, Anya Taylor Joy. Its a new generation killing it like we haven’t seen in generations. May they reign long.

Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett
Ready or Not
Scream (2022)
Scream VI
Devil’s Due

McG
The Babysitter
The Babysitter: Killer Queen

Brandon Cronenberg
Infinity Pool
Antiviral

Mark Mylod
The Menu

Sergio G. Sánchez
Marrowbone

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Another reminder, if you've made a nomination it means you get a BYE you can give to any nominee past the voting and into the Field of 64. You have to get those in before nominations lock so don't forget.

I'm gonna take one for the first time and give it to Wes Craven. He probably doesn't need it but this year was Carpenter's year so maybe next will be Wes'. I'll give him a head start for it.

Byes
STAC Goat - Wes Craven
Darthemed
Kangra
twernt
married but discreet
Basebf555
Class3KillStorm
Weapon X
Samfucius

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeaponX posted:

While I consider my bye, got another team

In Space No One Can Hear You Stream- a collection of extra-terrestrial horror

Ridley Scott
Prometheus

Brian Duffield
No One Will Save You

Jason Eisener
Kids vs. Aliens

Steven Kostanski
The Void
Psycho Gorman

Ryan Kruger
Fried Barry

Andrew Patterson
The Vast of Night

Did my best find and replace here but I might have missed something so plz let me know.

The problem I see is missing films. Eisner has Hobo with A Shotgun, Dullifield has Spontaneous, and Kostanski has Leprechaun Returns, Fathers Day, and Manborg.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WeaponX posted:

Verotika needs to be seen, or uh, experienced.
The deeper we go the more I’m convinced this is all some kind of subconscious aversion therapy I’m doing to myself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Renominating The REC Dudes (Jaume Balagueró and Paco Plaza)
[REC]
[REC]²
Sleep Tight
[REC]⁴ Apocalypse
Darkness
The Nameless
Venus
Muse
To Let
[REC]³ Genesis
The Grandmother
Romasanta: The Werewolf Hunt
Sister Death
A Christmas Tale
Eye For an Eye
Freddy
Second Name
El Telivisor

Its a lot of movies but they're linked and a bunch of those are tv films I'm not sure I'll be able to find.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know. Someone should probably nominate Alfred Hitchcock. He did make the finals.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reminder. The “draft” ends today at noon. After that you can nominate as many teams as you wish.

And nominations will lock on Monday. So make sure to pick your byes before then.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reminder, the draft portion is now over. You're free to nominate as many as you wish. But nominates will lock in 48 hours on Monday Dec 18th noon EST. So get them in now.

Also very important, if you have a BYE get it in by then. Can't start the nomination vote until those are locked in. Well we can but it gets messier. If you made a nomination and I don't have you on this list that's my mistake, just go ahead and make your pick anyway.

Byes
STAC Goat - Wes Craven
Darthemed - Ratno Timoer
Kangra
twernt
married but discreet
Class3KillStorm
Weapon X
Samfucius

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just about 24 hour left to get any last minute nominations, tweaks to teams, or your byes in. 12 noon EST Monday Dec 18th,,, round or about depending on how insane that day is for me. Which judging from recent it will be crazy. But my goal is to get the vote together ASAP so we can get a full week of voting in.

Byes
STAC Goat - Wes Craven
Darthemed - Ratno Timoer
Kangra - Team Japanese Whimsy
twernt
married but discreet
Class3KillStorm
Weapon X
Samfucius - I Ain't Never Seen This Before

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm gonna tweak a few teams.

I'm adding John Power's The Tommy Knockers to All Hail Stephen King.

I'm giving Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities a slight overhaul. Really just adding films from people already on the team.
I'm gonna add GdT's Pinochio even if I have no idea if its at all horrory. And Nightmare Alley since we allow thrillers. They're both in the grey area we allow but it feels right to include them to get GdT's full list in. I'm also adding Scott Cooper’s The Pale Blue Eye and Guillermo Navarro's The Lot. That takes me to 12 but I'm gonna assume no one is wanting for any of these scragglers unless anyone objects?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Darthemed posted:

Solo director nominations
This took 20 minutes to input and my hands are killing me. I want you to know that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm renominating Servoret's Lewton Bus (Jacques Tourneur, Robert Wise, and Mark Robson). Because it is a bad rear end team. And it was mine the year before anyway. So it works out.

And no one nominated them so I can't help myself. This is just unfair but its actually got a theme.

Team Zombie (Sam Raimi, James Whale, Dan O Bannon, George Romero, and Edgar Wright)
Aka The New and Improved Knockoffs of the Living Dead

Evil Dead
Bride of Frankenstein
Return of the Living Dead
Night of the Living Dead
Survival of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
The World's End

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 18, 2023

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok I think that’s all byes in so consider nominations locked. I’ll get a vote together as soon as I can on another busy day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Let's Vote!

I think everything's set up right. I basically copied the poll from last year and made the necessary changes, cleared the fields, and put in our new fields. I did a quick troubleshoot vote myself and picked up a few mistakes but its looking ok now? Let me know if you see a problem so I can fix it quickly.

The plan as usual is to fill most of the field but do some playins for the last spots. We'll see how the math plays out.

113 nominees in total. Down from last year's 141 but still with plenty of options and nearly twice the field we'll ultimately have in 64. But it does mean more of your nominations will make the tournament this year so that's good.

Once again I broke the voting pool into 4 categories. Veterans, Rookies, Solo, and Team. Each nominee should be in two of those categories and you'll be able to vote for up to 20 in each one. That should hopefully make it easier to sort through the fields and give nominees a chance to break out from the pool and we get a spread of nominees. It also lets you strategically vote if you wish.

There's
41 Veterans
65 Rookies
46 Solo Directors
60 Teams

That probably gives Solo Directors and Veterans a slight edge over rookies and teams in the nomination process? Alternatively it might make it harder if you nominated more vets/solos than rookies/teams? Like most of my teams are veteran teams so I'm probably not gonna get as many through as if some of them were over in solo, right? But its pretty close and you can still only vote for less than half of the field. So hopefully you'll still have to get mad because you ran out of votes.

Voting will stay open until Dec 26th, noon EST. Day after Christmas. That should give us about a week and you'll have a little hangover time post Christmas if you forget. It also should hopefully give me enough time to get the tournament together my New Years. I've mentioned it vaguely but things are pretty crazy for me right now and a loved one has been having health problems and is scheduled for surgery the last week of the year. So knock on wood everything will work out ok and I'll have everything together. But if I disappear or things get delayed you know why. We'll just have to play it as it comes.

Ok, I think that's it. Vote. And feel free to spread the link around to whoever you want. Loved ones, friends, other places on SA or online. The more votes the merrier. And Happy Holidays to everyone.

Vote for our Bracketology '24 Field of 64 until 12 noon EST Dec 26th!