Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

it made me feel some feelings. i think it's a really good tv show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Alright I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommend.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
It was pretty good. Better than the Rings of Power and the last 3 or 4 seasons of Game of Thrones.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've watched half the first season, and i want to know more about the crab lord

tell me everything there is to know about the crab guy

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

It was pretty good. Better than the Rings of Power and the last 3 or 4 seasons of Game of Thrones.
I don't think I have seen a show as stupid as Rings of Power lol. And im a stupid moron who likes Wheel of Time

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yeah I like it too op and I also like Wheel of Time. Rings of Power is just bland af.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Bad Purchase posted:

Yeah crab man was sweet

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

gently caress of the Sucking

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Bad Purchase posted:

instead of where you'd think he has hands, he has giant, almost crab-like pincers

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Shadow and Bone was pretty good and I’m kinda bummed it got cancelled

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I don't think I've ever seen a household entertainment name get memory holed as hard as GoT did

Just, collective disgust

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Songbearer posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a household entertainment name get memory holed as hard as GoT did

Just, collective disgust

lol Benioff and Weiss hosed up adapting the notes he gave them so bad that Gurm can't finish the last book and has no incentive to do so because he already knows how people are going to react to Daenerys' story arc despite it being telegraphed throughout the series

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

the boobs and dicks make me feel feelings too op

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Just finished watching it and I can't believe Vader is Luke's father.

Didn't see that one coming...

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

MrQwerty posted:

lol Benioff and Weiss hosed up adapting the notes he gave them so bad that Gurm can't finish the last book and has no incentive to do so because he already knows how people are going to react to Daenerys' story arc despite it being telegraphed throughout the series

All they had to do was not gently caress it up!!! They were on track to being something generationally beloved like Breaking Bad and it was wet fart after wet fart and now we're all stupid!! All of us!!!

At least Bluey is still rad we can have that instead

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Just finished watching it and I can't believe Vader is Luke's father.

Didn't see that one coming...
what!!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it was cool that arya's fencing instructor character was in house of the dragon too, i knew that guy had some magic about him

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Bad Purchase posted:

it was cool that arya's fencing instructor character was in house of the dragon too, i knew that guy had some magic about him

yeah and then he got killed off screen by a nonce

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Songbearer posted:

Just, collective disgust

The GoT ending was good imo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Songbearer posted:

Just, collective disgust

Yeah, it broke the record set by :lost:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Shadow and Bone was pretty good and I’m kinda bummed it got cancelled

never get invested in a netflix show that will require multiple seasons, ever, unless it's stranger things

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Songbearer posted:

All they had to do was not gently caress it up!!! They were on track to being something generationally beloved like Breaking Bad and it was wet fart after wet fart and now we're all stupid!! All of us!!!

At least Bluey is still rad we can have that instead

i mean the show basically took a nosedive after they got past the books, didn't they? i've never read the got books and i never will, but that's the impression i got.

it's funny how afterwards they did an interview/panel discussion/whatever where they straight-up admitted they were both too incompetent to do it right and too arrogant to accept any help, when they came in under the contractual minimum for content and refused HBO's offers to help staff up the writers' room. they proudly said they cut as much of the nerd poo poo (magic etc) as they could and in the same conversation admitted they ripped off the fans' ideas for casting.

and yet, i'm certain their careers are not over, i'm sure they will get on another project at some point because they are rich white boys and they can only ever fail upward.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

never get invested in a netflix show that will require multiple seasons, ever, unless it's stranger things

Oh I’m aware. I mean shows usually start going downhill after 3ish seasons anyway so I was hoping it would at least get a third but :shrug:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I liked that most people had car-sized dragons, but that piece of poo poo kid has one the size of an aircraft carrier

i have forgotten every characters name in the show

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

House of draggin deez nuts on yo forehead

120423_2
Dec 5, 2023
the i don't know what even warp in the closing scene

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

That's a great opinion but could you explain it over the course of an hour and a half in video form so I don't have to watch the show

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah crab man was sweet

He was my favorite part of My Name Is Earl so if he's in this too I might check it out

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I'm sure they'll make all 30 seasons of one piece.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I enjoyed it

Looking forward to more

These shows are like modern day costume dramas like the BBC used to do about Henry the 8th and I Claudius n poo poo

it's the same kind of thing fun drama with lots of eye candy

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

and yet, i'm certain their careers are not over, i'm sure they will get on another project at some point because they are rich white boys and they can only ever fail upward.

If by "another project" you mean "an adaptation of the Three Body Problem" and by "some point" you mean "scheduled to release in March on Netflix," then yes.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i'm not sure if they're failing upward considering it was the most popular HBO show ever. It sucked at the end but the finale was like, watched by an insane amount of people.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Uncle Lloyd posted:

If by "another project" you mean "an adaptation of the Three Body Problem" and by "some point" you mean "scheduled to release in March on Netflix," then yes.

A preemptive “gently caress you” to those guys for when they ruin that trilogy, which I love.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I'm hoping D&D are the ones that produce the Dragonlance show with Joe Manganiello as Caramon.

It's good and pure trash in and trash out.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
is it better or worse than the Rankin Bass classic The Flight of Dragons? I only have so much free time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Caesar Saladin posted:

i'm not sure if they're failing upward considering it was the most popular HBO show ever. It sucked at the end but the finale was like, watched by an insane amount of people.

But everyone universally agreed the ending was trash. That almost never happens but lol

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
If they had done it on purpose I’d be in awe of them

But instead they hosed up on accident

Someone once posted the table read for the finale or something and Jon Snow actor who hasn’t read it yet looked visibly disgusted by what he was reading

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

martin's gonna die without finishing his books and it's because of these two chucklefucks who are off to gently caress something else up

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

e: too spicy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Cactus Ghost posted:

martin's gonna die without finishing his books and it's because of these two chucklefucks who are off to gently caress something else up

Sounds like a good life to me