Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I just remembered there are human beings named kahlesi or whatever the dragon lady was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Uncle Lloyd posted:

If by "another project" you mean "an adaptation of the Three Body Problem" and by "some point" you mean "scheduled to release in March on Netflix," then yes.

I’m sure they are handling the complex and nuanced source material with the care that it deserves.

naem
May 29, 2011

does this one have the naked ladies like the other one

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

naem posted:

The answer to this weighs heavily on my decision to watch.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i mean the show basically took a nosedive after they got past the books, didn't they? i've never read the got books and i never will, but that's the impression i got.

it's funny how afterwards they did an interview/panel discussion/whatever where they straight-up admitted they were both too incompetent to do it right and too arrogant to accept any help, when they came in under the contractual minimum for content and refused HBO's offers to help staff up the writers' room. they proudly said they cut as much of the nerd poo poo (magic etc) as they could and in the same conversation admitted they ripped off the fans' ideas for casting.

and yet, i'm certain their careers are not over, i'm sure they will get on another project at some point because they are rich white boys and they can only ever fail upward.

I'm sure you're right about the show stuff, but the books also took a nosedive with #4. #5 recovered a bit yet was still weak.

Also it's crazy how many dream sequences there are in the books. Whenever Martin needs to fill a page, a character just remembers having a vaguely-symbolic dream. Put all the dream sequences and rambling banner descriptions together and that's a book right there.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The banner descriptions are important to the unreliable narrator thing though

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i mean the show basically took a nosedive after they got past the books, didn't they? i've never read the got books and i never will, but that's the impression i got.

it's funny how afterwards they did an interview/panel discussion/whatever where they straight-up admitted they were both too incompetent to do it right and too arrogant to accept any help, when they came in under the contractual minimum for content and refused HBO's offers to help staff up the writers' room. they proudly said they cut as much of the nerd poo poo (magic etc) as they could and in the same conversation admitted they ripped off the fans' ideas for casting.

and yet, i'm certain their careers are not over, i'm sure they will get on another project at some point because they are rich white boys and they can only ever fail upward.

Stonehouse Beach posted:

I'm sure you're right about the show stuff, but the books also took a nosedive with #4. #5 recovered a bit yet was still weak.

Also it's crazy how many dream sequences there are in the books. Whenever Martin needs to fill a page, a character just remembers having a vaguely-symbolic dream. Put all the dream sequences and rambling banner descriptions together and that's a book right there.

coincidently? randomly? I fell off the show once it went past the books. I think I've probably seen enough of it to get what the finale was. But yeah, I was a hardcore GRRM fan before the show came out. THen, same as everyone, "oh. well, he'll never write the rest."

House of Dragons was pretty okay. Crab man was good. And the leader of the Iron Isles, or whatever. Doctor Who was a good bad guy. Is? I can't remember if he died.
i know there were dragons. a veritable house of them.

I think HoD was like 7-8 generations before GoT? I wonder how many generations they'll skip until the series finale and we get daenerys from GoT born, or whatever.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 7, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m sure they are handling the complex and nuanced source material with the care that it deserves.

I hope they keep the sexism and all the pointless vr nonsense. Lol if they try to adopt the higher dimensions of book two.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a household entertainment name get memory holed as hard as GoT did

Just, collective disgust

Last week I went on a binge watching interviews of the cast and comic con panels and man those poor poor actors got hosed so hard.

They basically knew their characters were being told to do dumb poo poo that made no sense, and the idiot show runners either killed them off on the show or ignore them.

It's one thing to just be bad at your job but its another to be willfully obtuse

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
i heard jon snow might be the new Wolverine

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Isn't there a Jon Snow post GoT events show that's in development?

He can razzle up some bears and shadow cats.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Supreme Allah posted:

He was so very gorgeous

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Has HBO ever shown full wood yet? House of the Dragon could break ground if not. Season 2, episode 1 opens with a cold open to a hard cock. Boom, award winning material.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Supreme Allah posted:

wolverine is now going to perpetually have his mouth hanging open with a dumb look on his face?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I thought matt smith was badly miscast at first, but as the season went on he did a great job and proved me wrong.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like great British baking ahow

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

naem posted:

there is a prominent character who has a foot fetish and you get to watch him spank it off to the Queen's bare feet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
I don't remember that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't remember that.

He's the creepy dude with a cane who wanders around blackmailing people and he jerks it to the queen's bare feet.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Arc Hammer posted:

He's the creepy dude with a cane who wanders around blackmailing people and he jerks it to the queen's bare feet.

this isn't nearly enough nonconsentual sexual activity. this is Prestige TV, people. start packing women into fridges or your rear end is getting cancelled

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Cactus Ghost posted:

this isn't nearly enough nonconsentual sexual activity. this is Prestige TV, people. start packing women into fridges or your rear end is getting cancelled

Alicent Targaryen née Hightower absolutely consents to Larry Strong's wanking to her feet, in exchange for him spying for her. Seven hells it's like y'all haven't even watched the series.

You may also remember him as the weirdo who murders his whole family in a fire, including his brother who sired the bastards of the other queen

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Nooner posted:

I like great British baking ahow

Pre or post Mary Berry

You will be judged

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Songbearer posted:

Pre or post Mary Berry

You will be judged

i didnt notice she left. all posh white people look the same

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Alicent Targaryen née Hightower absolutely consents to Larry Strong's wanking to her feet

what is this fuckin tolkein?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lister posted:

I thought matt smith was badly miscast at first, but as the season went on he did a great job and proved me wrong.

Same, he ended up owning it very well.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.

Hub Dirt posted:

is it better or worse than the Rankin Bass classic The Flight of Dragons? I only have so much free time.

I didn't finish House of the Dragon, but I'll rewatch The Flight of Dragons any time. Or I would if I still had a VCR.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cactus Ghost posted:

martin's gonna die without finishing his books and it's because of these two chucklefucks who are off to gently caress something else up

Didn't they cut it short to do a marvel or disney movie? What ever happened to that?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Didn't they cut it short to do a marvel or disney movie? What ever happened to that?

they were gonna make a show about the confederacy winning the civil war for hbo but that got shitcanned
then they were gonna make some star wars thing for disney and got loving fired
now they work for netflix doing things like "producing leslie jones' standup special"

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

they were gonna make a show about the confederacy winning the civil war for hbo but that got shitcanned
now they work for netflix doing things like "producing leslie jones' standup special"

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

All of their misfortune with HBO and Disney is directly related to the final season of GoT, as well

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

All of their misfortune with HBO and Disney is directly related to the final season of GoT, as well

they had the notes and infinite money, but decided to go their own way

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Not like Martin will write a book and prove them wrong

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

see now that's a good ending

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

see now that's a good ending

for rear end in a top hat producers

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Cactus Ghost posted:

martin's gonna die without finishing his books and it's because of these two chucklefucks who are off to gently caress something else up

Near as I can tell, Martin really, really hates the fact that Game of Thrones/Ice and Fire ended up his biggest hit. He wasn't that happy about that even before the show made it huge. It's a bit like how Arthur Conan Doyle always thought of himself as the guy who writes historical fiction (his 'White Company' book and others) and only did detective stories on the side. I think GRRM is perfectly satisfied with writing videogames and fiddling with his weird superhero collaborative writing universe until the end. So the show loving up isn't the real reason he won't do it. It's probably just the best excuse.

Maybe he'll make that Tuf Voyaging sequel, instead (but probably not that, either).

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Near as I can tell, Martin really, really hates the fact that Game of Thrones/Ice and Fire ended up his biggest hit. He wasn't that happy about that even before the show made it huge. It's a bit like how Arthur Conan Doyle always thought of himself as the guy who writes historical fiction (his 'White Company' book and others) and only did detective stories on the side. I think GRRM is perfectly satisfied with writing videogames and fiddling with his weird superhero collaborative writing universe until the end. So the show loving up isn't the real reason he won't do it. It's probably just the best excuse.

Maybe he'll make that Tuf Voyaging sequel, instead (but probably not that, either).

I fuckin hate the fact that GRRM wrote he best book story, then the horrible HBO series. Then a video game. What the hell is wrong with him

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I fuckin hate the fact that GRRM wrote he best book story, then the horrible HBO series. Then a video game. What the hell is wrong with him

he has passive income from Meow Wolf and just hangs out in Santa Fe doing whatever the gently caress he wants in his old age, its pretty rad

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

he has passive income from Meow Wolf and just hangs out in Santa Fe doing whatever the gently caress he wants in his old age, its pretty rad

I am fairly sure that George R R Martin does not hang out with Santa Fe

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I am fairly sure that George R R Martin does not hang out with Santa Fe

why wouldn't he hang out in Santa Fe, that's where he lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

why wouldn't he hang out in Santa Fe, that's where he lives

that's where people destroyed his master work