Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I think United have looked terrible in some wins this seasons like vs Wolves, Brenfort, Forrest which were all comebacks of some sort. But the media's really trying to bury ETH, I swear if Onana didn't make those mistakes in the UCL games no one would even mention Ten Hag out right now.

That being said Ten Hag out should be back pretty quickly if they lose to Liverpool and maybe the game after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/samlee/status/1733107165290737933?t=CEvY9uVDUgW_QuRq6WbgIQ

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao

Impulse buying a tin of smints at the checkout because they're there, but it cost £45m

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao poor Kalvin

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think he was signed as a homegrown backup and Pep is just being diplomatic about how bad he is :shrug:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Newcastle or Spurs will buy him in January probably, he'll do fine.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Poor little Kalvin. You were decent for one (?) season and we’ve never seen you since.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

premier league player of the month harry maguire

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ulio posted:

I think United have looked terrible in some wins this seasons like vs Wolves, Brenfort, Forrest which were all comebacks of some sort. But the media's really trying to bury ETH, I swear if Onana didn't make those mistakes in the UCL games no one would even mention Ten Hag out right now.

That being said Ten Hag out should be back pretty quickly if they lose to Liverpool and maybe the game after.

There's no getting away from their Champions League performance being terrible, but I think a lot of the press were ready for ETH to be sacked in October and are now trying to wish it into being. It's really close at the top end of the table - ten points covers 1st to 7th, last season by week 15 that would only have covered 1st to 4th.

It feels a bit like Bournemouth sacking O'Neil at the end of last season, you want to ask the people responsible what they thought the results were supposed to be because it looks a bit crazy otherwise.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 8, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bald

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
How good can his attitude be with a full head of hair? Time to break out the clippers and show his commitment to the team

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
A day without foot is like a head without hair

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

The Finn posted:

:discourse:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Finn posted:

how long has your cable been out

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Xabi posted:

Poor little Kalvin. You were decent for one (?) season and we’ve never seen you since.

I was hoping Villa made a move for him. Oops.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'd sign a cheeky Kalvin for Liverpool, our last English midfielder from Man City turned out pretty well

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

what the actual gently caress is this

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
lmao there's the make up

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
I'm starting the "Villa to win the league" bandwagon

Get on board before the Arsenal game if you're not a coward

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Aston Villa are going to win the league

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Arsenal are gonna whip Villa today. It’ll be a bad ebening (for poonai emery)

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Manchester United are profoundly bad.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

Manchester United are profoundly bad.

So bad

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

if it makes United fans feel a little better about their team showing complacency after a decent result: City won the treble last season and are now suffering a run of 4 league games without a win; Liverpool won a game 7-0 last season and then lost to Bournemouth a week later 1-0. It happens. Hope that cheers you up a little.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Aston villa are going to win the league

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

an_mutt posted:

if it makes United fans feel a little better about their team showing complacency after a decent result: City won the treble last season and are now suffering a run of 4 league games without a win; Liverpool won a game 7-0 last season and then lost to Bournemouth a week later 1-0. It happens. Hope that cheers you up a little.

Yeah yeah, they are the second best team in Manchester, we've all seen it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
if it makes united fans feel a little worse they've got Bayern and Liverpool up next

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

mila kunis posted:

if it makes united fans feel a little worse they've got Bayern and Liverpool up next

2 easy games

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

Also no Fernandes for the Liverpool game, which makes it much easier.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

What I don’t get is Mainoo having a great debut and then ten Hag just binning him to have his poo poo mate Amrabat shuffle around out of position for 90 minutes

Shroud
May 11, 2009
What did Varane do to piss ETH off? How is Shaw starting at CB over him?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Premier League Player of the Month Harry Maguire is starting over him, not Shaw. Shaw is starting over Lindelof/Evans and would be on the left if Martinez was fit

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

aston villa are going to win the league

what an ebening

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

What I don’t get is Mainoo having a great debut and then ten Hag just binning him to have his poo poo mate Amrabat shuffle around out of position for 90 minutes

The only time I've watched Amrabat was at the World Cup where he looked genuinely class, was that a James Rodriguez situation where he just played well above himself for 7 games.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

international football is just levels below league football. difficult to judge players based on it.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Amrabat was important for Fiorentina's possession style, but he also got overrated and people projected attributes onto him that he doesn't possess. He's basically just a Jorginho sideways passer that kicks people a little bit more.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

UnderFreddy posted:

international football is just levels below league football. difficult to judge players based on it.

The hamez award has a storied lineage going right back to the creation of football and john jensen signing for arsenal on the back of euro 92

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

This is pretty much the exact moment Angeball started working again, the first time since the start of the season that he wasn't reigning manager of the month.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Give pep the award

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
A no quotes article in the Guardian claims Man U want to sell a long list of players: Casemiro, Varane, Sancho, Martial, and Van de Beek, because United need to sell before they can buy now due to FFP. It also notes that selling most of these players will be problematic because they either make huge money or are old or both. And Martial's contract is up this summer so he doesn't have much incentive to leave in January when he could probably get a bigger contract signing somewhere on a free.