Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Some seasons you get a Utd meltdown, some seasons you get a Chelsea one. It's rare to get both at once and you love to see it. Merry christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I'd suggest including Chelsea too, but they decided to voluntarily donate their points to most teams this year anyway.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

mila kunis posted:

Some seasons you get a Utd meltdown, some seasons you get a Chelsea one. It's rare to get both at once and you love to see it. Merry christmas

We are truly blessed this year. Now maybe the new year will bring a city relegation.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mila kunis posted:

beautiful. merry christmas trp

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I love this season so far and I am happy to wish you all a Merry Christmas if you celebrate!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Merry Christmas, enjoy the current rest from the festive period football

mila kunis posted:

The best gift we could get is more time for both Ten Hag and Poch to try and figure it out.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1738994976585875498

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Merry christmas to everyone who isn't Sepp Blatter or a belge

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Happy Christmas to all Premier League managers apart from Chris Wilder and all the bald ones.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Merry Christmas to the one true saviour MBS

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
merry christmas to all in trp. even the wrong uns.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Merry Christmas to the assorted miscreants and dickheads who have always made this forum good

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Merry Christmas.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHcD5nRdwDk

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

Merry Christmas, TRP

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

Merry christmas, I like reading everyone's dumb posts here (and sometimes even making my own dumb posts) and it's basically the only way I keep up with football these days

My gift to you this year is a reminder that new Man Utd big dog Jim 'The Rat' Ratcliffe was born in a place called Failsworth

This may become relevant in years to come

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Years?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What the

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

TheRat posted:

What the

no no, "The Rat," not "TheRat."

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Merry Boxing Day football! Hoping for some funny results and a good ebening.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/1739751088947929334

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
in a move surprising absolutely no one, good honest local lad jim ratcliffe's plan to save manchester united is to fire the dinner ladies and not casemiro or the glazers

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Is it? Also, I'm not entirely sure he's allowed to fire the people above him.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I thought his plan was to cheat like he did with the cycling team

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Merry christmas to everyone who isn't Sepp Blatter or a belge

What the

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
romero out for a month with a hamstring injury, fullback fc intensifies

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It will save him from getting suspended at least

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
he's on 4 yellow cards so he's able to do something infuriatingly funny on his first game back

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nuclear Spoon posted:

he's on 4 yellow cards so he's able to do something infuriatingly funny on his first game back

That resets halfway through the season so he'll be on a clean slate when he comes back

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Eyes on the prize, he's going for 10 yellows

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Eyes on the prize, he's going for 10 yellows

The record is 14 but Nicolas Jackson is currently whining his way to the summit with 8 so far, I believe all for dissent.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Thanks Ants posted:

I thought his plan was to cheat like he did with the cycling team

Doesn't every footballer already exist in the Pantani zone. What could you do to cheat harder

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

cagliostr0 posted:

Doesn't every footballer already exist in the Pantani zone. What could you do to cheat harder

You'd like to think that doping has gotten sophisticated enough that you no longer have to try and pump blood the consistency of glue through your body.

You can always cheat harder, or more importantly, smarter.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The rat infestation was phase 1 of the plan to allow the squad to be pumped full of steroids under the cover of it being treatment for weil's disease

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

cagliostr0 posted:

pencilling in "Luke Shaw shows up looking like PRIDE-era Alistair Overeem" for my 2024 bingo card

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

Is it? Also, I'm not entirely sure he's allowed to fire the people above him.

allegedly

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1739678002240479470

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jamie Jackson is known for generally making poo poo up and I've not seen anyone else reporting that. That's also not really "sporting operations", so not something that's part of his control. Having said that, it wouldn't be surprising if he did do a cost-cutting review, given his track record.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Just bin the whole scouting network.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

pencilling in "Luke Shaw shows up looking like PRIDE-era Alistair Overeem" for my 2024 bingo card

The real reason nobody is allowed to celebrate with their shirt off these days, can’t show the acne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

cagliostr0 posted:

With Pantani, and cycling in general, everyone learned that investigating and punishing this or even just investigating with no punishment, will only kill the sport and then everyone makes less money. cycling used to be huge. There is no "integrity" to be saved. People didn't see the Lance Armstrong case and think cycling had been cleaned up, they thought the whole sport was rotten.

In football it was in the interest of everyone financially involved to pretend that Pep didn't get caught doping twice.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 28, 2023