Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Next Barclays TV package deal is done. No Amazon and no 3pm kick offs till at least 2029.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Mauricio Pochettino eyes top striker as Chelsea look to transfer market again

quote:

Mauricio Pochettino’s hopes of strengthening his squad in January are likely to depend on Chelsea making space for signings by embarking on another clearout.

Pochettino, who has only five victories from his 16 Premier League games, said Chelsea may need to go back into the transfer market after they lost 2-0 against Everton on Sunday. The club have spent about £1bn since being bought by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital in the summer of 2022, but are 12th after a poor start.

Chelsea brought in 14 players last summer, offset by 15 first-team players leaving permanently or on loan. But they have continued to struggle for goals and will consider buying a top striker, with Brentford’s Ivan Toney and Napoli’s Victor Osimhen high on their wishlist. Chelsea have also been scouting the Sporting Lisbon striker Viktor Gyökeres.

Please bro just one more billion bro. I promise bro it's different this time, one more striker will fix everything bro. Just one more bro, i can fix the team bro. Bro just a couple more midfielders is all we need bro, I promise bro.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1738234732322689128?t=wdPy1ZSv1A02CwSjdhtDrA&s=19

Lmao. United get a food safety score worse than a dodgy fried chicken shop.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

With Pantani, and cycling in general, everyone learned that investigating and punishing this or even just investigating with no punishment, will only kill the sport and then everyone makes less money. cycling used to be huge. There is no "integrity" to be saved. People didn't see the Lance Armstrong case and think cycling had been cleaned up, they thought the whole sport was rotten.

In football it was in the interest of everyone financially involved to pretend that Pep didn't get caught doping twice.

Excellent post. See also athletics struggling with sponsorship Vs tennis having djokovic openly fake results from a lab and have a public meltdown at the being asked to provide a pre game sample whilst everyone marvels at how healthy he is from good old fashioned hard work.