Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gorson posted:

Over/under for Thursday's matchup is 30(!)

I hope Ferentz is proud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Who are the week 1 starters who have been benched? Just Mac and Jimmy G? Bless the Patriot way.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Android Apocalypse posted:

News:

Graphics seen after Monday Night Football on ESPN.

Views:
:wrongful:
:pigoff:

Jfc, this season has been a bloodbath. I was making a mental list when TLaw went down last night and I blanked on Cousins and Richardson. I can't keep track anymore.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Frank Gore shouldn't be in the Hall what the gently caress are you on?

You can easily and trivially tell the story of the NFL while utterly and completely omitting Frank Gore. Being the 5th to 15th best RB every year isn't fame-worthy even if you do it for 10 years. I don't care about the consistency. He's one of the greatest 49ers but he does not remotely qualify to be mentioned in the same breath as Payton, Dickerson, Faulk, Sanders, Tomlinson, Brown, etc.

Gore is a Ricky Watters who managed to play five extra seasons. Don't kid yourselves.

Ricky Watters should absolutely be in the HOF

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Frank Gore shouldn't be in the Hall what the gently caress are you on?

You can easily and trivially tell the story of the NFL while utterly and completely omitting Frank Gore. Being the 5th to 15th best RB every year isn't fame-worthy even if you do it for 10 years. I don't care about the consistency. He's one of the greatest 49ers but he does not remotely qualify to be mentioned in the same breath as Payton, Dickerson, Faulk, Sanders, Tomlinson, Brown, etc.

Gore is a Ricky Watters who managed to play five extra seasons. Don't kid yourselves.

Not necessarily putting him on my ballot, but "what the gently caress are you on?" seems silly. "Is Frank Gore a HOF player?" is the most perennial TFF debate since "Is Joe Flacco an NFL-caliber quarterback?"

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Did Jake Browning look actually good or “there’s no film on him” good?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kull the Conqueror posted:

He looked good.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Absolutely no idea, although when the Bengals stopped having him throw screens and start throwing downfield he looked much better. Chase did a lot of heavy lifting for him during the game too.

I'd say right now he's probably a serviceable backup QB

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Crescent Wrench posted:

"Is Frank Gore a HOF player?" is the most perennial TFF debate since "Is Joe Flacco an NFL-caliber quarterback?"

They're both immediate and absolute yeses, and time has only validated that, especially with Flacco instantly doing great for Cleveland

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Flacco got bored with this crap after the Super Bowl win.

Is it from this forum I got the idea that Joe Flacco kinda looks like a F1 racer? or perhaps one of those not-so-redneck NASCAR guys.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

It's hard to tell because neither team seemed interested in playing pass defense and doing things like "get to qb" or "cover receivers".

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The chain gang official that got hosed up bad during the Lions / Saints game suffered a broken leg and dislocated knee

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/saints-sideline-official-breaks-leg-kamara/article_1e7d80dc-92e3-11ee-88fe-079e1dcf58be.amp.html

Ow

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

His completion percentage is a bit fakey because his first ten or so passes were all completions that went for like 5 yards total. And 75 yards were on a Chase jump ball where the DB fell down. So...idk.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Papercut posted:

Ricky Watters was awesome

For who, for what?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

The chain gang official that got hosed up bad during the Lions / Saints game suffered a broken leg and dislocated knee

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/saints-sideline-official-breaks-leg-kamara/article_1e7d80dc-92e3-11ee-88fe-079e1dcf58be.amp.html

Ow

Wrong ref died

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

I hope Ferentz is proud

the innovator we deserve

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hot take:

Josh Allen is not a great QB. He's exciting but turns the ball over too much and hurts his team almost as much as he helps.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think Allen’s turnovers get brushed off a little too quickly, but he’s still a great QB.

Let’s put it this way, the Bills are still the AFC team I’d least like to face in the playoffs

Nov 6, 2002

AndrewP posted:

Let’s put it this way, the Bills are still the AFC team I’d least like to face in the playoffs

lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Bengals v Colts is a 2018 Apple Cup Rematch

Go Dawgs…er…Cats!

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

How about when Josh Allen could have won a game in overtime but threw the wrong pass, and then Tony Romo defended him by saying that the receiver should have read it differently instead of Allen just whiffing.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Waltzing Along posted:

Hot take:

Josh Allen is not a great QB. He's exciting but turns the ball over too much and hurts his team almost as much as he helps.
He also scores more TDs than just about anyone else though.

Also you would be a hero-balling doofus too if you had to watch 13 seconds happen.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Mr. Nice! posted:

How about when Josh Allen could have won a game in overtime but threw the wrong pass, and then Tony Romo defended him by saying that the receiver should have read it differently instead of Allen just whiffing.
The receiver was Gabe Davis though, so it was probably his fault because he sucks rear end 75+% of the time.
Josh’s mistake was throwing to him, honestly.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think it's both. His completion percentage last night (86.5%) was unprecedented for QB in only their 2nd start. Didn't turn it over. Ate a bad sack late but they recovered. He would be QB1 on several teams right now.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

We are too nitpicky on these actually good quarterbacks. I mean look at this bullshit.

Allen has flaws but he's a guy you'd absolutely hitch your wagon to and that's all you can ask for in this league

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Woozie66 posted:

Who are the week 1 starters who have been benched? Just Mac and Jimmy G? Bless the Patriot way.

Tanny too, he did get injured but even when he recovered it was clear Levis was the better option.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Josh Allen is going to be the only QB to ever have 40+ total TD for 4 straight seasons or some nonsense like that.

He’s pretty drat good.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

He looked much better than expected but I wouldnt look for him to be great like last night this coming week.

However his passes looked pretty good, he had some good runs and bootlegs. Also really helped that they started using Chase Brown who gave some juice to the running game.

Somehow the O line worked well last night too??

Nov 6, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Josh Allen is going to be the only QB to ever have 40+ total TD for 4 straight seasons or some nonsense like that.

He’s pretty drat good.

He's more likely to have his career cut short because he doesn't protect himself and won't stop playing hero ball.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bill can fix Josh Allen

And by fix I mean destroy him

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

bows1 posted:

He looked much better than expected but I wouldnt look for him to be great like last night this coming week.

However his passes looked pretty good, he had some good runs and bootlegs. Also really helped that they started using Chase Brown who gave some juice to the running game.

Somehow the O line worked well last night too??

I implore everyone to look at Jake Browning’s college stats. They were amazing, and the one year he was really surrounded by top talent (2016) they were absolutely bonkers. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jake-browning-1.html

His only knocks were “not athletic enough” and “too small”. He had a pretty nasty shoulder injury at the end of 2016 when UW made the CfB playoff so in his first real “national” exposure against Alabama he didn’t look great, which probably left a bad taste in folks’ mouths.

Anyway in a league where guys like Purdy are finding success someone is going to pay the man now, and that rules.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Bill can fix Josh Allen

And by fix I mean destroy him

They can fix him the same way the vet fixed my dog

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Crescent Wrench posted:

Not necessarily putting him on my ballot, but "what the gently caress are you on?" seems silly. "Is Frank Gore a HOF player?" is the most perennial TFF debate since "Is Joe Flacco an NFL-caliber quarterback?"

Did you mean "Is Joe Flacco elite"?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TheBizzness posted:

He’s pretty drat good.

He needs to do it once before he can do it four times.

E: missed "total"

Leaving it

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Patrick Mahomes is the only good QB.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TheBizzness posted:

Patrick Mahomes is the only good QB.

Oh?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
At what point is Purdy good? He's now got 1 years worth of games and is 14-3 and I believe is leading in completion % YPA and rating during that time. Plus he is 2-incomplete in the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Much like being a bust, you're one until proven otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

At what point is Purdy good? He's now got 1 years worth of games and is 14-3 and I believe is leading in completion % YPA and rating during that time. Plus he is 2-incomplete in the playoffs.

Not until he too is losing on game-winning throws to MVS