Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

quote:

Abducted by the human militaristic corporation known as the RDA, you, a Na’vi, were trained and molded to serve their purpose. Fifteen years later, you are free, but find yourself a stranger in your birthplace. Reconnect with your lost heritage, discover what it truly means to be Na'vi, and join other clans to protect Pandora from the RDA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T0BX-Mzo1Q

It's basically Far Cry Primal set on Avatar's Pandora with 2 player co-op and I don't know about anyone else but that's extremely my jam even though I really don't care about the overall story of Avatar, just being an alien hippie native resisting the colonizers on a really :catdrugs: world sounds like a blast to me!

quote:

Explore a world of wonder & danger

Experience the epic wonders of the Western Frontier, a never-before-seen continent of Pandora. Journey through beautiful yet unpredictable alien regions, where lowering your guard can have deadly consequences.

quote:

Become Na'vi

Harness your incredible strength and agility while customizing your character; crafting new gear, and upgrading skills and weapons to fit your playstyle.

quote:

Soar the Skies
Bond with your banshee to travel across the vast Western Frontier or take the fight to the RDA in aerial combat.

quote:

Master Multiple Combat Styles

Fight off the dangers of Pandora as you embrace the precision of traditional Na’vi weapons, including your bow and spear-thrower, or leverage your human training with more destructive weapons, such as assault rifle and shotgun.

:siren: Comes out on 12/7! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The movies were poop, but I am looking forward to this game as it just looks like more Far Cry in a silly setting. I think review embargo is on December 6? So hoping this is good! Going to just subscribe to UBISoft+, should be able to finish the game in a month.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Well, fwiw, I'm having a ball with this game.(unlocked it a bit early via VPN)
Very much Far Cry on an alien world with some pretty good parkour to match and some cute touches to the formula to give it that tree hugging touch.

My only huge gripe is that it takes about 2 1/2 hours to friggin unlock co-op, baffling design choice there.

Otherwise, smoking a ton of pot and just hopping around Pandora popping headshots with the bow(love that arrow kills sends unarmored humans FLYING) is going to keep me occupied for a while!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deakul posted:

Well, fwiw, I'm having a ball with this game.(unlocked it a bit early via VPN)

thank you for the heads up on this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

The movies were poop, but I am looking forward to this game as it just looks like more Far Cry in a silly setting. I think review embargo is on December 6? So hoping this is good! Going to just subscribe to UBISoft+, should be able to finish the game in a month.

the movies are good. I might pick this up, but still waiting to see a bit more review footage out there I guess.

I had no idea that it was co-op so that might get me to buy it though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/MarioPrime/status/1732387203068596346

lol peak UBISoft design.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Deakul posted:

e.

Otherwise, smoking a ton of pot and just hopping around Pandora popping headshots with the bow(love that arrow kills sends unarmored humans FLYING) is going to keep me occupied for a while!

If thejungle looks even remotely as cool at night as it did in the movies I'll probably lose hours just getting high and wandering around

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Night time is gorgeous but I've been too distracted to even really take any pictures until now lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deakul posted:

Night time is gorgeous but I've been too distracted to even really take any pictures until now lol

I couldnt get my VPN to unlock early and play. :(

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

gently caress, they made picking fruits and what not super satisfying.

https://i.imgur.com/DuKHHLQ.mp4

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Kind of excited to play this, not sure I would have picked it up at full price but the new CPU I got on Black Friday came with a download code. Didn't think much of it and expected another lovely throwaway movie tie-in game but after looking up more material they've clearly spent a lot of time and work on it. The last two Far Cry games I played were FC6 and New Dawn, both of which were pretty underwhelming so maybe this will do a better job with the underlying formula.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

The game is gorgeous, feels good to play, is getting decent (7 to 8.5) reviews, and is by most accounts a good to very good tie in to the highest grossing film ever. Was there just a massive failure of marketing on this? I had no idea it was coming out until like a week ago, I didn't see any ads for it anywhere until a few days ago, and there's even an article on Forbes basically saying "Wait where did this game come from?" Hell, the SA thread didn't appear until the day before release lol.

It kind of boggles the mind that they just kind of low-key released this and even weirder that there was no buzz about it, advertised or grassroots. It feels like this should have been hyped up way more than it was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have put a few hours in so far this morning. It's an alright game so far! Very pretty game world of course. I think Avatar is just getting overshadowed by other huge releases that people are still playing, and not being on Steam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am having a stupid person moment; this quest says to make Niktsyey, but at the cooking table the option to make it is not there. What am I missing?

[edit]
Ooooh I see, I thought I already had it in my inventory. I'm dumb and confused by this UI.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 7, 2023

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The UI is a bit of a cumbersome mess but it's not too big of a deal, took me the longest drat time to see how the map really worked with the biomes when hunting for specific ingredients. :psyduck:

Caves are a trip.

The first flight was pretty nice, love the flight controls.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 8, 2023

Dendrite
Jun 17, 2005
Surprisingly uninteresting.
How is the console performance? Anyone playing on ps5?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dendrite posted:

How is the console performance? Anyone playing on ps5?

Yep. The game defaults to resolution mode, but performance mode runs smooth for the most part. A couple of small hitches but mostly can't complain.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If I like Far Cry and Division this should be right up my alley, right?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Moreso if you like Far Cry, yeah.

I've got some criticism towards the broken rear end stealth system that doesn't seem to function at all but whatever I don't mind going in arrows ablazin with how slick the movement is and there doesn't seem to be bonuses or penalties for going in quietly or not besides your own personal difficulty.

I just wish these mooks didn't immediately pinpoint where I am after taking down one guy with an arrow.

You can pet your ikran :3:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 8, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think I ran into a game breaking bug? for the quest the Weeping Gorge. I can't complete it and it gives no input on what i'm doing wrong. I tried following this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2VGK8-zktk but it still didnt work.

[edit]
I tried auto-complete, rhythm, and immersive to complete the puzzle and none of them worked.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 8, 2023

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Quick question: I've installed two hacks here, but there's four objective blurs on na'vi detective vision. Is it enough to hack two spots or do I need to get all four?

I'd test, but I'm so close to pulling off a full stealth takeover so I'm just gonna hang back until someone replies or I get a hack on all four locations.

Edit: Figured it out! I thought the two hacked objectives denoted two things necessary to complete the top objective because I destroyed another base without taking out all the objectives earlier, but they're all distinct objectives! Does make me wonder why I destroyed that other base without taking out all the targets though.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 16, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Press F to pay re'spects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Put this on the backlog but I've been playing through it recently. Finished Cyberpunk right before this and while that was certainly a visual spectacle I think this might beat it as the best looking game on the market right now. Maybe I just like organic scenes more than neon reflected off puddles but I wasn't as consistently dazzled as I am here.

Been using an AMD 7950X and an RTX 3070 with the dlssg-to-fsr3 frame generation mod, if anyone else is is using a 2000-3000 series Nvidia GPU I highly suggest doing the same. With frame gen turned on I can max out all settings including ray tracing and the extended draw distance and still get 60+ FPS consistently. Only downside is there's some flickering at the edges of UI elements which is understandable for what's essentially a hack, guessing that doesn't happen if you have a 4000 series or a high level AMD card and can turn on frame gen properly. It's not distracting enough to warrant turning off and whatever input delay it adds is mostly imperceptible to me.

Still kind of a hard sell at $70 since it's ultimately just a Far Cry game but I've always liked those well enough (excluding FC6), Cyberpunk was about a 7/10 in terms of gameplay so I think they're both roughly the same level of fun. Too bad this was kind of shoved out without much in the way of advertisement and seems to have been largely ignored since then, it's an incredible title and certainly deserved Digital Foundry ranking it as the best looking game of 2023.