Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm doing found photo stuff again, this time I bought a projector and it came with 3 cases of slides:
https://cohost.org/Found-Photos?page=0

So I also thought we should have a found photo thread. Digital, film, slides, whatever, I don't care. Here's some stuff from the latest batch I scanned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hey the thread's alive, here's some more kodachrome

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Fantastic stuff, I really love the (probably 30s - 40s) soft focus portrait there.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I love the VW dealership and the second last one. Great stuff.

I edited them a little bit, black and white points to the edges then clicked around with a grey point until it looked right to me

Megabound fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 8, 2024

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

An ingenious way to give landfill as a gift

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

dupersaurus posted:

Do y’all have a method to finding these beyond visit every old poo poo store you find?

I buy a lot of projectors, for no real reason, and quite often they'll have slides with them. Also antique fairs will often have people selling slides and plates that I'll pick up if they look interesting.
I help run Brisbane's biggest (and only) camera fair and I'll be keeping an eye out for slides and negs there too.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

that wallpaper is popping off

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

How can you tell he's a furry?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I love that stuff. I made a new friend last night who has approx 500 slides I'll be digitising, all her mother's photos taken while she and her ex husband toured Australia in the 60s (it might be 80s).

I'm super excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

More from those pilot slides