Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

or maybe no? im not sure

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

I've got a game running at 120 FPS while watching an episode of MythBusters and voice chatting with friends though an electron app and my machine's using less than 300 watts with less than half of its utilization and I don't remember being able to do anything like that in 2003 so idk op it seems pretty fast to me

is your brain ok???

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

git apologist posted:

computers are pretty fast op the only people whining abotu electron apps are the same people who "use computer" by staring at utilisation stats all day

i utilized my computer today

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Silver Alicorn posted:

you’re right I guess. doing anything on a computer used to be An Event. SSDs were the big game changer

what about pciex16

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

as someone who's spent time hand writing simd code to speed up low-level functions, the very idea that some rear end in a top hat out there is adding two integers using javascript when it could be done with a single instruction infuriates me to my very core and makes me visibly shake with barely restrained rage

ill do you one better

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

why can't you use a ti83 to graph functions like a normal person?

and yes i also hate node-based visual editors for shaders/procedural generation, but in my defense i'm used to encountering them in the context of real-time stuff on fairly low-power hardware. i'm not too keen on wasting some of that 16ms of gpu time on boilerplate generated shader code that the compiler "should" have optimized away

if you have to ask youll never know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I Miss Snausages posted:

If you like using Linux,

I Miss Snausages posted:

window manager,

I Miss Snausages posted: