Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
used books can be cool sometimes because it's interesting when people write little notes in the margins

this one is different

it's greg

it's all greg

over 131 pages there are 471 gregs

but there is an anomaly

i'm not sure i'll ever find the answer

is this a coded spy message? who is greg and what does he want? i haven't slept in weeks

because there are more out there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think Greg was part of the illuminati and RL stine was on to him and You might become the next pizzagate victim on Epstein island.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm scared op

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

OP are you the real deal?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

any pics of greg on that fancy pentax, op?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasure_poetry

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

any pics of greg on that fancy pentax, op?

this might be greg

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My school had one of those programs where you had to pick out books to read and answer questions on them to get points that were worth a grade. I read sooooo many Goosebumps books doing that because they were short and piss-easy reads, and it was easier to read like 7 of those in 6 weeks than one or two long rear end books like loving Little Women or some poo poo. Sometimes I'd go through like 2 or 3 Goosebumps in a single week.

Eventually I ran out of Goosebumps and moved over to Fear Street, but those were awful and not nearly as fun to read. And then I discovered Redwall. :hellyeah:

Never heard of this Greg guy though. He must be real important.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 7, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Say Cheese and Die is the honeymoon period with Greg, A Shocker on Shock Street is after he broke their heart. :smith:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Welcome to Greg house, OP

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Eventually I ran out of Goosebumps and moved over to Fear Street, but those were awful and not nearly as fun to read. And then I discovered Redwall. :hellyeah:

the only redwall book i remember had the evil rat with the poison tail and the main mouse had to climb the abbey and beg birds to help fight his army. it was sick

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Greg’s dead baby, Greg’s dead.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Say Cheese and Die is the honeymoon period with Greg, A Shocker on Shock Street is after he broke their heart. :smith:

looks like greg was going through some poo poo

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Whoever it was that made those notes, we can be sure of 2 things: 1) They were a real rear end in a top hat marking up those books like that and 2) This person was/is probably a serial killer.

OP your job is now to track down this person and put them in jail where they likely belong. I expect to see some results from your investigation in 2 weeks.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

R.L. Stine posted:

the only redwall book i remember had the evil rat with the poison tail and the main mouse had to climb the abbey and beg birds to help fight his army. it was sick

That was the original. The rat was named Cluny. And yes it was sick.

I still to this day associate George Clooney with that fuckin rat.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Profoundly gregnigmatic. :thunk:

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

MakaVillian posted:

Whoever it was that made those notes, we can be sure of 2 things: 1) They were a real rear end in a top hat marking up those books like that and 2) This person was/is probably a serial killer.

OP your job is now to track down this person and put them in jail where they likely belong. I expect to see some results from your investigation in 2 weeks.

he wrote his phone number on the back of the cover so if i was a weird little freak i probably could track him down and make him pay

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

R.L. Stine posted:

he wrote his phone number on the back of the cover so if i was a weird little freak i probably could track him down and make him pay

Its a recruitment number for Majestic 12.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

RL Stine's number was 867-5309, ask for Jenny. Do with it what you will.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its a recruitment number for Majestic 12.

the majestic 12 operates in the town 15 minutes away from mine because i recognise the landline prefix lol. i got the books at a thrift store 1 and a half hours away so greg was running from something

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

anyone mad at books being messed with, the other ones remain unmolested. if it makes you feel angrier, the blackout one is almost entirely teenage poetry

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
Why are you buying used copies of your own work, OP?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

OP please return my book to me.

Signed, Greg

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

BeastOfTheEdelwood posted:

Why are you buying used copies of your own work, OP?

i'm taking them back

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Gregnigma was right there.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Give Your Greg Goosebumps

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Greg greg greg

Greg is a stupid sounding name

If his name was Grog we’d go on about how comically dumb it is, but instead we just go on like it’s the most normal thing in the world

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
Take a picture with the camera there and see if it can predict the future.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
And while you’re here, Mr. Stine, can you confirm/deny that these were written by a group of writers under a pen name? Because I seem to recall the books varying wildly in story-telling ability. There was that one that was basically “There’s a Monster at the End of this Book” and then that one about the cursed kids who live in a school for eternity and is a pretty fun read and is pretty atmospheric and spooky, at least for a kid’s book.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

when you think about it we'll all become ghost writers some day. but i am unaware of any such ghost writers in regards to the goosebumps franchise, nor would i be at liberty to disclose such knowledge if they did indeed exist

they're all weird and hosed up in their own way. there's one where the kid goes to a summer camp and is forced to shoot two girls defecting (north korea parallel??) but then it's revealed that it was training to see if the kid was ready to go on a mission to another planet. and that planet is... EARTH

there's also a couple that allude to something almost approaching romance if you're feeling a little spicy

breaking kayfabe i can genuinely and completely unironically talk about goosebumps for hours. it shaped my entire fascination with horror as an artistic subject in creating everything from short stories to photography to painting to filmmaking. it's infecting others, my 7 year old son started a ghost hunting club at school and it sounds serious. he made nametags and a ouija board out of cardboard it's adorable

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Greg.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

R.L. Stine posted:

breaking kayfabe i can genuinely and completely unironically talk about goosebumps for hours. it shaped my entire fascination with horror as an artistic subject in creating everything from short stories to photography to painting to filmmaking. it's infecting others, my 7 year old son started a ghost hunting club at school and it sounds serious. he made nametags and a ouija board out of cardboard it's adorable
Are ghost orbs in photos still a thing?

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Enjoy your perma op

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

MoonshineWilly posted:

And while you’re here, Mr. Stine, can you confirm/deny that these were written by a group of writers under a pen name? Because I seem to recall the books varying wildly in story-telling ability. There was that one that was basically “There’s a Monster at the End of this Book” and then that one about the cursed kids who live in a school for eternity and is a pretty fun read and is pretty atmospheric and spooky, at least for a kid’s book.

I suspect the variable quality is more to do with this: me and my mother met him at a writers convention and he told her that he wrote a typical goosebumps in 14 days, and if pressed, could do it in 10. No mention of a team.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Getting sick of Greg's poo poo

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

Croccers posted:

Are ghost orbs in photos still a thing?

he's gotten obsessed with those TOP 5 GHOST VIDEOS on youtube which i think is fine as long as we watch them together and in each one i explain the ways they could be logically explained. he doesn't fall for the orb bullshit. when i was a kid though our school took a field trip to this ancient graveyard in the middle of nowhere newfoundland and all the graves were of kids who died all at the same time. i took pics and there were GHOST ORBS and i was freaking out. some kid's foot sunk into one of the graves too, it was sick. i don't know why we went there.

i've been flipping through the poetry collection and it's quite something

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

man the tumblr blogger that owned your book before you really went to town on that bad boy. close your eyes and just imagine the notes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fear Street was like a soap opera, lol it was so dumb but I was a dumb kid and read a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I read Piers Anthony as a kid OP, not this Goosebumps trash.