Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

ahh, look at that. feels so good. I recommend it. you can rest easy knowing you’ve gotten everything you need to taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

*turns off notification badge on mail app icon* inbox zero accomplished

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

inbox zero more like zero inboxes

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have at least 8 inboxes

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

even better is just paying zero attention

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

post hole digger posted:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gj ali

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my pm inbox on here is almost always inbox zero

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

select all -> archive

aaaahhhh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
when you get back from vacation just take those 800 unread emails and mark them as read. If its important theyll ask you again.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

select all -> DELETE

aaaahhhh

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

rotor posted:

when you get back from vacation just take those 800 unread emails and mark them as read. If its important theyll ask you again.

oh sorry must have missed it when I was catching up 😇

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

git apologist posted:

Dec 10, 2023
still a kids OS, 13 years and counting

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

one day i hope i can get away with this auto-response: "I'm away and will return on $date. Your email has not been saved and I will not be addressing it in the order it was received upon my return."

then setup an email filter to just nuke it all as it comes in

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

one day i hope i can get away with this auto-response: "I'm away and will return on $date. Your email has not been saved and I will not be addressing it in the order it was received upon my return."

then setup an email filter to just nuke it all as it comes in

this is what i do literally. it says all messages during the period will be automatically deleted. they arent of course but i use this strategy to reduce inflow.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Always declare email bankruptcy after a break.

I have a vacation rule that just junks anything that isn’t from my direct management chain.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Smythe posted:

this is what i do literally. it says all messages during the period will be automatically deleted. they arent of course but i use this strategy to reduce inflow.

lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Select all and press archive. Never look at again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“I don’t even have an email address” is a line I usually pull out on first dates

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
thinking about adopting inbox negative infinity

every time i receive an email it spawns a process that sends email to the sender, one per second, forever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

“I don’t even have an email address” is a line I usually pull out on first dates

this guy wants to do it with email

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

fart simpson posted:

this guy wants to do it with email

e-girls, why not e-mails

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

got my first phishing attempt to my recruiting email :allears: fastmails spam filter caught it though

it was from “namesheap” support

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

not sure how they got it. Its posted on my little business card domain but I’ve never linked that anywhere yet. did namecheap get hacked?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

post hole digger posted:

Always turn off all notification badges, for real.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dans Macabre posted:

just open every app to see if someone messaged you etc

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

I'm trying to achieve negative inbox, where any mail sent to me not only won't show up in my own inbox, but will delete emails from the senders inbox

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Dans Macabre posted:

i'm a huge fan of how in ios i can set it up so alerts only from particular contacts go through

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

i had a history professor in the late 2000s who did not have an email account. he absolutely refused to have one.

dude was sharp as hell, great lecturer, made me a better writer. when i heard him on the radio several years after college i looked him up and he still didn't have email as of the mid-2010s. wrote him a letter c/o the history department of the university and got a nice response back.

i think the university finally put their foot down a few years ago and made him get an email account. maybe it was because of covid. idk.

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

git apologist posted:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i have so many rules that i receive very few actual emails in my inbox, it still annoys me whenever one slips through

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
a whitelist approach to emails

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
in a new role and my work inbox looks like a loving warzone. most don’t require any action but some do and it’s Very Important to realize which ones do. having to set up folders and rules just to keep my head above water. need to disable vibrate on email — little mfer was buzzing nonstop today. rip to my tidy quiet inbox

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

akadajet posted:

my pm inbox on here is almost always inbox zero

I can ignore an email badge for a while. I can't ignore a whole banner separating me from my precious thread list

also nobody dms me lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dans Macabre posted:

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Dans Macabre posted:

Always turn off all notification

anything else than someone I know irl trying to contact me has no business sending me a notification

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Dans Macabre posted:

yea lol I do not have alerts for emails. rly don’t want my coworkers to expect instant responses from me as almost nothing is that time pressing. it generally doesn’t matter if I take a day or two to respond, and I’m typically aware of when things need to be delivered. If something truly is time pressing that I’m somehow not previously aware of and I’m not responding fast enough they can text me and I’ll check my email

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 22, 2023

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
finally gonna have a work phone soon, gonna get one of those faraday cases for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2023
they're gunnin for inbox zero