Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have an extremely bad habit of abandoning games because I have ADHD and get distracted and bored really easily lol. Most notably though I've tried like 5 different Tales games and have come to realize I just don't like how the series plays

lol same

also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pathfinder: kingmaker
i already have experience with the pf tabletop system since my friends are big grog nerds about it, but gently caress me this game is just an unfun piece of poo poo to play. the kingdom management is so finicky you'll lock yourself out of poo poo in a heartbeat. i killed some antagonist guy in a giant tree and just stopped after my game crashed and i lost a couple of hours.

Diablo III
played the crap out of 2, but i was partway through act 3 and i realized i just wasn't having any fun playing so i stopped.

persona 3: fes
i burned out on this after picking it up right after doing 4. i should go back to it, hated tartarus but the characters were fun.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I have an extremely bad habit of abandoning games because I have ADHD and get distracted and bored really easily lol. Most notably though I've tried like 5 different Tales games and have come to realize I just don't like how the series plays

my problem is more that they keep making such good games that i don't have time for them all so my "i'm going to finish this eventually" list just keeps growing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Joey McChrist posted:

persona 3: fes
i burned out on this after picking it up right after doing 4. i should go back to it, hated tartarus but the characters were fun.

The remake comes out in like 2 months, just wait for that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

my problem is more that they keep making such good games that i don't have time for them all so my "i'm going to finish this eventually" list just keeps growing.

💯 plus I keep wanting to check out older games that I missed so I basically have an infinite backlog now

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

yup. god willing not one single video game come sout in 2025 other than monster hunter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got to the tetromino puzzles in The Witness and gave up bc they never clicked for me and I'm retarded

that mightve been where I got filtered too but it's been years. i just remember the greenhouse colored glass/light? puzzles being the only time staring at something on a screen actually gave me a migraine

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

really I have dozens of games that I've never completed, I just posted the ones that I think I should like but don't.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Going down to the deepest areas in Subnautica with the big submarine seemed like a chore to me. Exploring the surface areas and building bases was more fun.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I've gotten skill issued out of all of the NES's best games. Friday the 13th, Ironsword, Super Pitfall, Warriors of Destiny, Top Gun, Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, Solstice, every super good Rare title, etc.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The remake comes out in like 2 months, just wait for that

yeah probably better to start fresh since i'm a few months in already and cant remember a thing lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

I've gotten skill issued out of all of the NES's best games. Friday the 13th, Ironsword, Super Pitfall, Warriors of Destiny, Top Gun, Bugs Bunny's Birthday Blowout, Solstice, every super good Rare title, etc.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

unless youre serious

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had Top Gun as a kid and I don't think I ever made it off the aircraft carrier before the cartridge ceased to work anymore

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

unless youre serious

Lol

Although seriously they're all too hard.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Most shameful: Outer Wilds. Played like a maniac for two days then got busy and never came back. One if the best games of all time though

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thinking about when the avgn tried to land the jet with the power glove and it flew off of his screen and out his basement window

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Joey McChrist posted:

thinking about when the avgn tried to land the jet with the power glove and it flew off of his screen and out his basement window

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EF9zZZQi0o

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

also punch-out! because it was toward the end of when i still had time for my NES project.

Try it again but without save-states

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

that game is dogshit

It's insane how boring that game is, how did they do it? Anyone who saw that through to the end is a loving maniac.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Joey McChrist posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

It's insane how boring that game is, how did they do it? Anyone who saw that through to the end is a loving maniac.

They also made it harder than the NES version for no good reason

herculon
Sep 7, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Leadthumb posted:

I beat it, and I’m tired of pretending I didn’t

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

i spent four hours doin the final dungeons, got to the last boss, got three-shotted and wouldve had to.do it all again. and never played it again

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

Most shameful: Outer Wilds. Played like a maniac for two days then got busy and never came back. One if the best games of all time though

this one is definitely worth finishing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Final Fantasy 3 on the ds.

i hate it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Castlevania. Getting past Death was hard enough then Dracula filtered me

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Technically never beat yakuza 4. Final boss is aids.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

this reminds me that i did everything in yakuza 0 except the final story mission

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

everyone should play yakuza 0

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

This is the correct way to play Yakuza 4. It's not even a bad game, but the final boss gauntlet is the worst poo poo I've ever played through in gaming history

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This is the correct way to play Yakuza 4. It's not even a bad game, but the final boss gauntlet is the worst poo poo I've ever played through in gaming history

It’s an awful finale

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

whole thing is insanely bad and th acrual last boss is even worse. dogshit ending

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I've never beaten a dark souls. I get to the last boss and then call it a day since there's nothing to see after

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Disco Godfather posted:

I've never beaten a dark souls. I get to the last boss and then call it a day since there's nothing to see after

oh?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i remember saving money up to buy overlord 2 on the 360 and i played the tutorial and i thought it was so bad i cried. i dont even know if its a particularly bad game either lol.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Dongicus posted:

i remember saving money up to buy overlord 2 on the 360 and i played the tutorial and i thought it was so bad i cried. i dont even know if its a particularly bad game either lol.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Lmao