Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

jfc I completely forgot I started Yakuza 4 and never finished it because the opening chapters just bored me and the way they shoehorned in the cabaret thing before they had the whole mini game nailed down slowed the pacing to a loving crawl to accomplish jack poo poo

I really want to finish the series but it's gonna take me some time to get through 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i played like one hour of Mario Maker. made a big Luigi with a green pipe for a dick and was like, well thats all my ideas, and never went back

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
same with Media Molecule's Dreams game for ps4, but got super caught up in the hype for it beforehand. tuning in to developer Q&A's w/ questions and theorycrafting hella interactive sculptures and immersive experiences in my free time and then release day comes and i'm confronted with having a dualshock as my sculpting tool. motion controlled cursor nonstop jittering like ive got end stage parkinsons. what a nightmare

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

i played like one hour of Mario Maker. made a big Luigi with a green pipe for a dick and was like, well thats all my ideas, and never went back

lmfao

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Trails in the sky: absolutely owned, got to what I think was the last set of bosses (after the big tournament) and then just put it down. Cant be bothered playing through the entire game to remember what happens up to that point so will probably stay unfinished

FF12: Started this game about 5 times and get to the same spot before deciding I have no interest in pressing on. The battles that play themselves just aren't fun imo

FF15: Had to do a negotiation QTE with final fantasy hillary clinton in order to be allowed to fight a boss and tapped out immediately

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh, Mario Galaxy 2. I borrowed it from a friend and felt like I'd had it too long, so I returned it to him and never got around to getting it for myself

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Dongicus posted:

i remember saving money up to buy overlord 2 on the 360 and i played the tutorial and i thought it was so bad i cried. i dont even know if its a particularly bad game either lol.

lmfao

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Good soup! posted:

jfc I completely forgot I started Yakuza 4 and never finished it because the opening chapters just bored me and the way they shoehorned in the cabaret thing before they had the whole mini game nailed down slowed the pacing to a loving crawl to accomplish jack poo poo

I really want to finish the series but it's gonna take me some time to get through 4

Honestly you'd be fine skipping 4. Kinda wish I had but Yakuza brings out my completionist brokebrain

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s still worth playing because Akiyama and Saejima are cool

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Counterpoint: Akiyama and Saejima are also in 5, a far better game

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Dongicus posted:

i remember saving money up to buy overlord 2 on the 360 and i played the tutorial and i thought it was so bad i cried. i dont even know if its a particularly bad game either lol.

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Akiyama does seem cool, but I'm hoping to warm up to at least tolerate it's flaws and power through the entire thing

This is probably the only series that I would even consider doing this because generally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dongicus posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Dongicus posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Death Stranding. I loved it too much and was trying to savor the experience by drawing it out and just never got back to it one day. I'm at the final boss, I'll beat him before 2 comes out :hai:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Disco Godfather posted:

I've never beaten a dark souls. I get to the last boss and then call it a day since there's nothing to see after

oh for sure.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Frodo (bruised and exhausted, as the precipitous crags of mount doom climb endlessly above him): eh. honestly, I'm over it, Sam

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Lemmings, I usually get tired of the repeat levels by like Taxing 10 but I made it to somewhere in Mayhem earlier this year and now I can't remember where I left off. drat.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I'm actually laughing because it would be Too easy to qualify for the space program and fly in a rocket up to Luna (the moon) to walk around. it's just a bunch of craters

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Arch Nemesis posted:

I'm actually laughing because it would be Too easy to qualify for the space program and fly in a rocket up to Luna (the moon) to walk around. it's just a bunch of craters

I prefer going to the moon in Todd Howard’s Starfield. At least I know I’ll find rare loot, uncover amazing lore and have plenty of space pirates and galactic scoundrels to tussle with.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I prefer going to the moon in Todd Howard’s Starfield. At least I know I’ll find rare loot, uncover amazing lore and have plenty of space pirates and galactic scoundrels to tussle with.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis posted:

Frodo (bruised and exhausted, as the precipitous crags of mount doom climb endlessly above him): eh. honestly, I'm over it, Sam

Wormskull posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

acting in a streamer E3 montage: Whuh, whoa! *ducks head irl* What is THAT ship?! Nearly took my head auff!!!!!

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

acting in a streamer E3 montage: Whuh, whoa! *ducks head irl* What is THAT ship?! Nearly took my head auff!!!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Arch Nemesis posted:

Arch Nemesis posted:

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Disco Godfather posted:

I've never beaten a dark souls. I get to the last boss and then call it a day since there's nothing to see after

mods?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

que sera sera posted:

Death Stranding. I loved it too much and was trying to savor the experience by drawing it out and just never got back to it one day. I'm at the final boss, I'll beat him before 2 comes out :hai:

See I want to go back and beat it again but I spent an atrocious amount of my COVID time alt tabbing between work and getting perfect ratings for every single area as I went, so the idea of getting back into it seems insurmountable

(Which is dumb, I can just play it and shoot though the story stuff but my brain is busted)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Disco Godfather posted:

gently caress you

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

What does it have a credits minigame or something?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)