Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Monathin posted:

Alright, here's a question since I haven't bothered with deeper modding and I want to poke at the mods a bit: is there a way to get NativeModLoader (and by extension WASD Movement/Native Camera Tweaks) to play nice with the other mods? Some of these don't seem to want to play nice with Vortex (in particular Camp Event Notifications and Party Limit Begone) but NativeModLoader doesn't play nice with the BG3 Mod Manager. I assume someone has all those loaded up in a way that makes sense, walk me through it.

Can I just manually install the NativeModLoader mods and then do the rest through BG3 Mod Manager and it won't explode?

Specifically for the NativeMods and the others mentioned above, it been a awhile, but I'm using all of them together I'm pretty sure just they should just work as installed. Just follow the instructions on the mad pages and it should just fit together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

re: using the gith items as a non-gith, or other racial requirements, I'm pretty sure Disguise Self works in all cases. I've tried it with the dwarven hammer recently and disguising yourself as a dwarf works to satisfy its requirements. I don't have a save handy to check but I'm pretty sure you can Disguise yourself as a gith and get the bonuses. Note that bards and warlocks both have Disguise access so there are lots of strong combos you could do with that.

There aren't that many race-specific items though.

I remember seeing something in the patch notes about removing that, since Disguise Self is just an illusion and wasn't supposed to work that way, but it might not have actually been fixed.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

I finished the first season of Delicious In Dungeon, and the halfling thief Chilichuck was such a mensch that I thought about making a little halfling rogue dude for my first playthrough, only to be confronted with the hilariously, insanely bad creation options for halflings (halfling men specifically). There are no wiry little guys with big ears, just lumpy, depressed looking potato sacks that resemble what you'd get if someone caught an alcoholic Midwestern college football super fan pissing behind the Cracker Barrel and shot them with a shrink ray.

Like it seriously looks as though they just took a human frame and squashed the y axis down to 1/3rd, gave them only heads that look like Silent Bob, and left everything else the same. Even their animations seem like they were awkwardly keyed from the human model, but lazily shrunk. The shorter races (other than dwarves) kinda feel like the only thing in the game that Larian didn't seem to give a poo poo about executing well, it's weird. Maybe mods will fix it one day.

Edit: speaking of mods, if a campaign creation toolkit ever gets released, this game will live forever. It will become the new Skyrim.

I feel like they were trying to run as far as possible from having the halflings and Gnomes look absolutely anything like children, for fairly understandable and good reasons.