Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

bunt chugley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

AgentHaiTo posted:

This is what I think of everytime you guys talk about this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FG9TBZhrUU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/yaaayhem/status/1746542123422466189

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

I have to say, black hole being recastable every round, potentially being a bonus action, and also causing slow feels kind of busted. Hunger of hadar (or other aoe options) plus liberal application of black hole is just a gross combo, it's almost too good.

ive only been on the receiving end of that but i agree

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shard posted:

See as I was playing I was like this makes sense. They fell back into their old patterns after the original pc died and ran back to their gods. Jaehira even calls them out on it

i could see it for viconia but not for sarevok. he was never really a bhaal worshipper, he just wanted power

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shard posted:

I took it as he was completly subsumed by his own dark urge. We see much the same with our character. And we're told that Durge is much further along than Gorion's Ward ever was in terms of connection to Bhaal. And when his brother was alive, Bhaal was dead. It's possible that after he returned he was able to force much more subservience from sarevok

my take is that if you go for the throne and fail, you get punished for your hubris by having to serve bhaal for eternity like a loser, which is also indicated by his ghost backup. and he eventually just decided to roll with it. idk though, theres a lot of extrapolation required either way and i dont really find any of the explanations all that satisfying

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

I just like action points more than actions / bonus actions. I liked being able to conserve a certain number of action points between rounds, right now in bg3 on some turns i'm like "ok well i have a bonus action uhhhh is there anything i can do with that" for every character and it hurts!

im the opposite. with action points, its generally better to take an action than to move so youre encouraged to move as little as possible which makes things feel less dynamic. dos2 has all those teleports with added effects but it feels like a bandage on top of the issue. also 2ap actions and 1ap actions end up being similar to actions and bonus actions in practice

i think the main thing i miss about dos2 was that it was happy to be really bullshit at times so it felt more satisfying to pull your own bullshit right back. also everything being on fire is good, actually. the oil pit fight is one of the best fights in all of rpgs and you are all wimps

this is a weird issue to have but i think one thing im really going to miss going back to dos2 from bg3 is the voice barks. the ones in bg3 are really well done

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

my genius solution is to have the oathbreaker give you a freebie for the first time if youre playing as dark urge. apparently theres unique dialogue if youre playing a dark urge paladin so itd be a good way to introduce it

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i like the first moonrise towers fight a lot because your enemies will throw the same bullshit youve been using back at you but theres still a lot of tools you can use to counter it. what i did was teleport on top of the rafters, throw their archers off, and shoot the warlocks with arcane interference arrows to cancel their aoe effects. its one of those fights where it feels like both sides are throwing everything they have at each other

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

EorayMel posted:

The Dead Three, am I right? What losers. You know why they will never conquer the world? They don't have the Bhaals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7P8tIG1q5A spoilers

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

adventurers are slippery bastards, in bg5 it'll probably turn out that the orpheus ending is canon but the emperor survived anyway

the sword in question is this one
https://antifandom.com/baldursgate/wiki/Sword_of_Balduran_(BG1)
https://bg3.wiki/wiki/Sword_of_the_Emperor

funnily enough there were multiple swords of balduran even in the original games
https://antifandom.com/baldursgate/wiki/Sword_of_Balduran_(BG2)

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

clearly the obvious next step is pathfinder 2e

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

imo the lancer ruleset doesnt really fit a dos/bg3 style game because it has such a clear split between combat and noncombat stuff. obviously theres a lot of changes they could make if they wanted to go that route but its a thought i had

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

mycot posted:

They're not even real robots! They're just more tadpoles! What a scam.

theyre zombies in power armor :admech101:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Shumagorath posted:

The lasso monsters by the Harper ambush were the closest I came to a team wipe on Normal. Being able to split up the party and drag them into shadow damage was rough.

my favorite part is the guy who drags you into a room filled with traps and a tripwire on the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Vookatos posted:

Beaten the game recently and now my husband has been hogging the PC for like 2 days straight repalying it. Happy that he found more games that interest him after Bioware went tits up.
That said, I know people dislike Act 3, even mentioning it here recently, and why so? I found it to be the best with the amount of content and intetesting fights (which I admittedly sucked at even on easy because while my mind can handle hard platforming and action, I suck at tactics).

Also lol at Gortash being described as a handsome young man when you see a vision of the three baddies.

apparently the guy who wrote that line hadnt seen gortash's concept art at the time lol