Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Kicking myself for not turning off auto updates on steam. Recent patch screwed up something with the wasd mod (game is utterly unplayable without that and the camera tweaks mod imo). Rolled back to the earlier script extender as suggested in the nexus thread. Didn't work. Instead of waiting for an update, I uninstalled all my mods and bg itself. Then reinstalled. Now all my mods work in a new game, but when I try to open my saved game (at least halfway through act 3 in my guesstimation), it won't load and I get a popup saying "different mod settings- the following mods were enabled on save, but are now disabled [insert list of 10 mods]."

The problem is that I do have all those mods installed and enabled. Which is why they all work on a new save. But I'm very worried that I've bricked my old saves. I like the game, but not enough to play through the whole thing again just to finish bringing everyone in the realms into the loving, narcotic embrace of mother Shar, which is where my first campaign seemed to be heading.

Posting here in hopes of that tried-and-true "whine about it on the Internet and it fixes itself" magic coming through for me again.

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

I saved the goddamn world, you'd think Elminister or someone could toss me a Wish so I wouldn't have to look like a loving squid for the rest of my life.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

BlazetheInferno posted:

Yeah, the fun thing about Shadowheart is that if you leave the decision completely up to her, she will always throw the spear away, even if you've been completely supportive of the Shar stuff. She'll only actually stab the Nightsong if you push her to do it... which, considering what happens when Shadowheart stabs her, is honestly a very good thing.

The problem with this as the default is that it makes it much less likely for the player to hear the 641st-best voice line in the game MY. NAME. IS. SHADOWHEAAAARRRT! in act 3.

(Raphael has 640 lines, each of which is tied for first place:love:)

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 10, 2024