Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
One of the places I buy my rice is a bulk goods shop that just has big bags of basmati sitting out. The guy scoops however much you want from the bag. I think they have bags that are ₹70/kg, ₹80/kg, ₹90/kg, ₹100/kg, and ₹110/kg although they might have a few more varieties. Any idea what the difference might be? I could ask the people there but they don't speak English and I don't speak Hindi. I usually buy the ₹90/kg stuff. This is in Delhi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Also, do you wash your hair with the liquid you've soaked the rice in? I tried doing it for a bit but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. My flatmate says the same thing: tried it a while, but no perceivable effect.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Planet X posted:

What's the knuckle method? I searched the thread and couldn't find it
https://www.thekitchn.com/cooking-rice-do-you-use-the-first-knuckle-method-176988

It's not a great method but cooking rice is rather forgiving so it works as much as anything else does, mostly.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Hey rice nerds, check this rice out (uncooked on left, cooked on right).

Know what kind it is? It's matta rice. Tastes great. Awesome texture too. Super separate and hearty grains.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Maybe Thai? I think they say "kin khao" (eat rice) to mean "eat."