Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The reason its hard to follow is the reason why the G-men are doing things is a moving goal post. The writers didn't have a 'bible' so much as Chris Carters rantings.

At first it seems they want to make human/alien hybrids. Archives of human DNA to see if they are good subjects for mixing dna. The black goo is an alien that makes... more aliens? But there is a resistance to this (the guys with sewn up eyes and mouths). The bees are related to the human clones, but the bees carry a weapon to kill non hybrids? Mix this in with the smoking man trying to undermine the aliens.... Later seasons say they want to make super humans.

I mean the plot I guess is the FBI met aliens and negotiated a deal, but the deal required human subjects (their kids). Mulder's dad regretted this, but CSM was okay... cause he is really Mulder's dad? They seem to want to collect aliens to test on to reverse engineer a cure to the alien's dna (which I think are in the bees/black goo?). Also the CSM uses Mulder's search for his sister as a tool to motivate Mulder.

Its all very dumb and rereading my post is just as dumb.

Edit: While I think Season 4 and 5 have the most popular episodes, I really like 1 and 2 for how mundane they look.

Edit 2: Actually I really like X. His short story arc is my favorite. Dude wants to help but doesn't want to put his life on the line, then ultimately saves Mulder.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Are you talking about the alien bounty hunter? He is in a lot of episodes but he is pro-alien and tends to try to kill any hybrids releasing the truth.

He is in a lot of weird sci-fi stuff. But the sewn up eye people are only in one season I think? They are pretty minor characters.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

redshirt posted:

Yes, lol, him. He's not one of the sewed up eye aliens?

Actually looking up images of the "faceless" he does appear to be one. But that might be them re-using actors? Same with Krycheck being a rando in the earlier episodes.

For whatever reason imgur won't let me upload this link, so here is a terrible url:
https://x-files.fandom.com/wiki/Faceless_alien

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Snow Cone Capone posted:

a thing I've noticed in the past is that for as prescient as his novels are, Gibson can be hilariously inept about technology sometimes, to the point where I'd say First Person Shooter makes just as much sense coming from him as Kill Switch did

I am pretty sure William Gibson said he actively avoids reading about tech or learning it so he doesn't get influenced by it. So yeah all his tech stuff is all technobabble and wrong.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

SRQ posted:

did x-files ever have The Drug Allegory Episode?
TNG and SG1 both did.

Pesticides, not even once! (Blood, S2E3)

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

SRQ posted:

Not quite the same, nobody was sniffing DEET to cause the problem- it was the government forcing it on them.

I guess you can say don't do jenkem from War of the Coprophages S3E12

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Mulder doesn't smoke weed cause he is too caught up in aliens. Scully is too Christian.

I bet the only person that does if Frohike.

Edit: Maybe Skinner. He's a vietnam vet, gets caught up in trouble frequently, not above breaking the rules for his friends.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 6, 2024

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I think the real problem with that episode is the orderly who says she was raped. But then her boss, Mulder, AND Scully are like "lol nah, you just want money".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Yeah, I mean a lot of episodes don't age well. I suppose thats due to the zeitgeist of the 90s. Honestly my favorite episode is S1E10 Fallen Angel. Season 1 has that feel of early 90s, Mulder is sympathetic to Max, and it has the overwhelming feel of government conspiracy.