Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
brain hurts. please advise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RealityWarCriminal posted:

brain hurts. please advise

pet an animal

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/RrglhRo.mp4

ahhh... brain ok for 5 minutes

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Doctor is such a fake job. "Yes hello, I am some dipshit pill toucher who gets to gatekeep what drugs you take. That will be 9,999 dollars please."

on the one hand, working in a socialized system means I don't get $9,999 for gatekeeping people's drugs (the lovely ones, not the fun ones). on the other hand, I get to be on the death panel

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

titty_baby_ posted:

My medical experiences in my entire adult life have been "we don't really know what's wrong with you. Here's antibiotics and an ultrasound and some blood work. Oh, we still don't know what's wrong, but now you owe us money"

Yeah, years ago when I complained of frequent diarrhea the doctor was just like "some people have bad tummies". It's gotten worse and I'm pretty sure regularly cramping so bad you vomit and poo poo at the same time isn't normal. Might finally get an endoscopy after doing a bunch of tests that came back normal.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Schmeichy posted:

Yeah, years ago when I complained of frequent diarrhea the doctor was just like "some people have bad tummies". It's gotten worse and I'm pretty sure regularly cramping so bad you vomit and poo poo at the same time isn't normal. Might finally get an endoscopy after doing a bunch of tests that came back normal.

you have ulcerative colitis. go see a gastroenterologist. thatll be $10,000. next please

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

at the clinic for more loving imaging. They say they thought they cancelled my appt, then made some calls and decided they could take me today, and they said it'll be $500, $450 if I pay upfront (10% off!)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

some old gently caress in a walker came in and let out a huge nasty sound fart (maybe a shart?) and then everyone else who's walked in has had to cross his cloud

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

some old gently caress in a walker came in and let out a huge nasty sound fart (maybe a shart?) and then everyone else who's walked in has had to cross his cloud

my bad

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
off to hospital for a sigmoidoscopy tomorrow, which is apparently a shallow colonoscopy. idk why they won't just check the whole thing, another lovely public health system. seems like it's not much harder, just jam the camera up further

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I"ve farted a lot tonight. A lot!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Weka posted:

off to hospital for a sigmoidoscopy tomorrow, which is apparently a shallow colonoscopy. idk why they won't just check the whole thing, another lovely public health system. seems like it's not much harder, just jam the camera up further

Bring some hundos and bribe the doc for an upgrade

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

how much to *slips you a 20* go a little deeper? :pervert:

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

I had one of those. I think the difference is that they have to knock you out for the full Monty and that makes it more difficult and expensive. Also the bowel prep is so much worse

edit: good luck though goon-I hope you get some answers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
you have to drink gallons of disgusting medical slurry for a full colon scope. count yourself lucky

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The prep thing with the drinks is just bs. The dr could run a pipe cleaner or an irrigation line up first to clean you out but they're too loving lazy and entitled

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i had continual trapped gas pain, bloating and stomach pain for like a year that'd ebb and flow. Went to the doctor after it came back and wouldn't go away and they said to reduce my stress (lol) and work on my anxiety (lmao).

So I writhed about in pain for a couple more months, losing hours of sleep a night. Then I read about FODMAPs and the FODMAP diet. I cut out all of the gas causing carbs and after a few days, pain free. No 2am pain that wakes me up for an hour or two. I've been on it for a few months, reintroducing things slowly and seeing what I can tolerate. My digestive system feels like I'm a healthy 18 year old again, completely pain free, bloating gone, except for when I have intentionally tested foods like garlic and onions (both want me dead and bloated).

No thanks to the lovely american healthcare system.

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 16:19 on Dec 14, 2023

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

at the clinic for more loving imaging. They say they thought they cancelled my appt, then made some calls and decided they could take me today, and they said it'll be $500, $450 if I pay upfront (10% off!)

despite being American my entire life I have always and continue to be repulsed at the vulgarity when the doctors office starts quoting me prices. really bizarre stuff

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

biceps crimes posted:

i had continual trapped gas pain, bloating and stomach pain for like a year that'd ebb and flow. Went to the doctor after it came back and wouldn't go away and they said to reduce my stress (lol) and work on my anxiety (lmao).

So I writhed about in pain for a couple more months, losing hours of sleep a night. Then I read about FODMAPs and the FODMAP diet. I cut out all of the gas causing carbs and after a few days, pain free. No 2am pain that wakes me up for an hour or two. I've been on it for a few months, reintroducing things slowly and seeing what I can tolerate. My digestive system feels like I'm a healthy 18 year old again, completely pain free, bloating gone, except for when I have intentionally tested foods like garlic and onions (both want me dead and bloated).

If I have to give up garlic and onions and beans im gonna loving riot

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

biceps crimes posted:

sorry about your tummyache bro i hope you feel better soon! try eating some candied ginger or peppermint lifesavers

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Smythe posted:

despite being American my entire life I have always and continue to be repulsed at the vulgarity when the doctors office starts quoting me prices. really bizarre stuff

I'm in a 'rural' area with famously lovely healthcare and so far I've dodged all bigger hospital bills, which is my intention with this one.

Last time I had imaging they hit me with a similar sized bill and I called and asked about a low income assistance program and they gave me an application and told me not to pay until they get back to me and then never got back to me

another time I had to pay like a normal appt fee and their online payment portal wouldn't take any of my cards (a variety of credit cards and my debit) and I got someone to help me over the phone and it didn't work for them either and then they quit sending me bill reminders:shrug:

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

titty_baby_ posted:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

how much to *slips you a 20* go a little deeper? :pervert:

Pretty sure the doc at my initial checkup where he felt around in there was quite nonplussed at how quickly I dropped trou and bent over. Like he was expecting to have to talk me through it as a way to talk himself into it.

Anyway I'm off in an hour but I was wondering, what level of manscaping is appropriate?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

i can do beans but yeah. Maybe I have SIBO or IBS, lots of IBS sufferers in my family.
The good thing about this restrictive diet is that my protein is still high and I'm leaner than ever and my lifts have gotten stronger despite losing 20lbs. Downside is far less cake and pie and cookies and junk food and spicy food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The good thing about getting a prostate exam is I will never be too embarrassed to tell my doctor anything ever again.