Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i had continual trapped gas pain, bloating and stomach pain for like a year that'd ebb and flow. Went to the doctor after it came back and wouldn't go away and they said to reduce my stress (lol) and work on my anxiety (lmao).

So I writhed about in pain for a couple more months, losing hours of sleep a night. Then I read about FODMAPs and the FODMAP diet. I cut out all of the gas causing carbs and after a few days, pain free. No 2am pain that wakes me up for an hour or two. I've been on it for a few months, reintroducing things slowly and seeing what I can tolerate. My digestive system feels like I'm a healthy 18 year old again, completely pain free, bloating gone, except for when I have intentionally tested foods like garlic and onions (both want me dead and bloated).

No thanks to the lovely american healthcare system.

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 16:19 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

If I have to give up garlic and onions and beans im gonna loving riot

i can do beans but yeah. Maybe I have SIBO or IBS, lots of IBS sufferers in my family.
The good thing about this restrictive diet is that my protein is still high and I'm leaner than ever and my lifts have gotten stronger despite losing 20lbs. Downside is far less cake and pie and cookies and junk food and spicy food