Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
wtf. not a single sword picture in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My mall doesn't have a "sword store" but I think it has a nerd store that maybe sells swords.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I like malls and I like brick-and-mortar retail and I wish they weren't dying.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My mall has a medieval times, does that count?

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
Everyone can have a sword store in the palm of their hand thanks to BudK!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
they're called "lifestyle centers" now OP

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

sock it to me! posted:

Everyone can have a sword store in the palm of their hand thanks to BudK!

They’re the same swords but at 1/4 the price with the brick and mortar markup. Now the flea market sword booth can compete on price.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

maybeadracula posted:

Putting a Glamdring replica on layaway for the holidays

you shall not pass without hearing about our simple payment plans that anyone can afford!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I. M. Gei posted:

I like malls and I like brick-and-mortar retail and I wish they weren't dying.

I do too but goddamn is target doing its best to make me hate it.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I'll be going to the mall after Xmas and will make a point to keep an eye on swords for sale at the mall OP.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

wtf. not a single sword picture in here

Be the change you wish to see

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I miss getting a Sword Julius and heading over to browse at the Waldenswords.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

My mall has a medieval times, does that count?

What, like, the era? Do you have to take the right turns through those 'Backrooms' all the kids are talking about to get there?

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

I study Kung fu and we have broadsword forms, so I have a broadsword for that purpose. I bought it from a martial arts supplier of questionable repute.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

A Fancy Hat posted:

I live near the mall from Dawn of the Dead, the original movie. It's still a pretty good mall, it has the cheapest movie theater around (4.50 for a matinee ticket) and most of the storefronts are filled. Lots of unique small businesses plus the mall standards of Hot Topic, Bath and Body Works, and Victoria's Secret.

Every year they do a Living Dead Weekend that's pretty great, I wonder how much of the year's revenue comes from this one weekend for some of these shops.

I always forget that Monroeville Mall isn’t the dead mall. That’s Century 3.

“Century 3 Chevrolet. Lebanon Church Road Pittsburgh. Minutes From the Mall!” Is forever burned into my brain.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah growing up our mall did have a sword store and they had a leather store as well. Not sure if they're related but there was a store that sold leather goods like belts and it was next to a sword store.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
You know it's the holidays when the Hickory Arms store shows up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

You know it's the holidays when the Hickory Arms store shows up

Hit that place up for samples on the way to Record Town

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

One shop has a wall of sword-like-objects. It’s not a sword shop specifically but it’ll sell you one if you want one.

There’s also a knife shop, which sells actual knives not tactical/fantasy ornaments.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Yeah growing up our mall did have a sword store and they had a leather store as well. Not sure if they're related but there was a store that sold leather goods like belts and it was next to a sword store.

They were absolutely related

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Brookstone is gone from my mall though. Did anyone ever actually buy anything in Brookstone? Or did we all just sit in the chairs.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Auntie Annie's Polearms is overpriced

Go to the Halberd Hut instead if you have one nearby

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
No but in looking I did find that Smoky Mountains knife words is apparently the largest knife store in the world https://smokymountains.com/sevierville/things-to-do/smoky-mountain-knife-works

Knives being just swords for children. This also leads me to believe there's lots of things to stab in the smoky mountains.

Smoky and stabby, sounds like a great place to visit!

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Chain Shack is much better for nunchaku, flails and just their spindles of chain you can buy by the foot. Wedgar the shift manager at mine will make sure to oil the chains on your implements before you buy it so it isn't clanking around so much.

And they'll crimp a weapon chain to a gauntlet or a bracer for free if you bought one or the other from them.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Not in a mall, but…

“Cleaned up my wedding sword beautifully”

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah. It's got it all. Zelda shields, Halo laser sword, a life sized Wonder Woman statue. All that poo poo that you get from a Bud K catalog.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
My parents wouldn't let me go into Spencer's Shivs because they didn't like all the crass joke items.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My mall as an s-word store but not a sword store. Was very upset when I went there.

god drat it i was going to post that. but more along the lines of "No, but they have an S-word store. i bought you this one op" [Insert picture of sean connery saying "Suck it trebek"

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Not in a mall, but…

“Cleaned up my wedding sword beautifully”

(Instinctively crosses legs, cups hands over groin)

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

(Instinctively crosses legs, cups hands over groin)

:rolleyes: If that sounds dirty or unpleasant to you, then, clearly, you don't have a wedding sword.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I only go to the mall with the broad-swords

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I only go to the mall with the broad-swords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021
I went to a mall in Portland last Christmas season and I saw a combo sword and knife store. It was close to The Star Wars store.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

capncthulhu posted:

I went to a mall in Portland last Christmas season and I saw a combo sword and knife store. It was close to The Star Wars store.

How close is it to a Cheesecake Factory?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
the flea market in the basement of my local mall had a sword shop

capncthulhu
Oct 4, 2021

Duck and Cover posted:

How close is it to a Cheesecake Factory?

Same general mall-ish area I think? It was Washington Square I believe. I could also be wrong.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

capncthulhu posted:

Same general mall-ish area I think? It was Washington Square I believe. I could also be wrong.

:911:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

redshirt posted:

No joke, the Maine Mall is about as busy as I remember it in the 80's. They lost one big store which has not yet been replaced - Sears (and they had a good chunk of real estate). But otherwise just about every other spot is open, it's always busy when I go there, the food court is kickin, Spencer's is well stocked with Fart Spray, and Mrs Fields got some fresh cookies.

Pics of fat titty gross out birthday cards or it didn’t happen!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

its not in a mall but we have a store called DRAGON IMPACT and its loving wild

Could you elaborate for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah. It's got it all. Zelda shields, Halo laser sword, a life sized Wonder Woman statue. All that poo poo that you get from a Bud K catalog.

Theres a shop like that on the seafront near me. They sell swords and knives based on videogames and movies and also weed paraphernalia.