Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Earwicker posted:

i think secret sword stores are out there

i used i live in san francisco and one night i was walking around the neighborhood on a quiet residential street and one of the garages was open and literally every loving wall in the place was covered in swords. mounted on really nice racks all lit up like it was a museum or something. just in a random little garage. i lived in that neighborhood for years but it was only ever open that one time

That wasn't a store it was some dude's man cave. If you can defeat him in mortal combat you get his booty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I watch several youtube sword guys and enjoy them unironically

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

What's a good entry level sword, senpai?

It's probably not too late to change my secret Santa wish list.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Wanna look cool with a blade in your hand?

Try a chefs knife u nerds.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
https://youtu.be/VmBaRVMOiww?feature=shared

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

2 healthy thriving malls in my town.

Neither of them has a sword store.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Swords will fuckin cut you wide open
https://youtu.be/uuI1zY46OX0?si=zsrqt551dl-073JO

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

if i wasn't a mangled wreck of a human being, i would totally get myself a wood splitting sword.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJhtDEuTvqo

like seriously look at that, how awesome is that.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Aishlinn posted:

if i wasn't a mangled wreck of a human being, i would totally get myself a wood splitting sword.

drat, i want one too

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

If Sid Meier’s Pirates has taught us anything, it’s the broadsword. Less clumsy than a cutlass but does much more damage than a rapier.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Get a big messer

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

May I suggest starting with a xiphos or khopesh? You can then build your collection by moving forward along the historical axis.

LaughchainGoesBrr
Dec 13, 2023

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Aishlinn posted:

Sold out or I would have the coolest new toy this winter

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Yes, and the day malls stop having swords is the day the world will truly lay down and die.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Just buy your swords online like normal people

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

lalaland posted:

Just buy your swords online like normal people

NO, I NEED TO LOOK BAD rear end IN LESS THAN A HOUR.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
What do you folks use to poison your swords?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

It used to but then the UK banned weeaboo swords.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
When I was a kid there was a sword shop in the shopping centre near me. They had shurikens and all that poo poo and if you left without buying anything they would ring a big gong as you walked out

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

egg_dog posted:

When I was a kid there was a sword shop in the shopping centre near me. They had shurikens and all that poo poo and if you left without buying anything they would ring a big gong as you walked out

YOU HAVE NO HONOR!

Come back soon!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I got my first boner staring at the giant fake claymore thing with a big gold skull on the hilt. Now this was last week, but still

Congratulations on your first boner Henry Lee Mucus, we're all really proud of you. :)

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Sometimes I wonder if it would be a good idea to own a sword. When the bombs fall and we're all left wandering through an irradiated wasteland, the people with guns are going to run out of ammo, but I'll still have my trusty blade. I thought it was a silly idea, but...

The Lone Badger posted:

May I suggest starting with a xiphos or khopesh? You can then build your collection by moving forward along the historical axis.

...this store even seems to carry a sword with that use case in mind. I don't want to be the only survivor without a sword!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Does anyone's mall still have an Orange Julius?

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

My mall as an s-word store but not a sword store. Was very upset when I went there.

poo poo, super sucks

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Wifi Toilet posted:

Not in a mall, but…

“Cleaned up my wedding sword beautifully”

This is weirdly close to where I used to live and surprises me not at all. I'd bet good money a few of my friends have been there since their weddings all consisted of kilts and poo poo.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
Is there like a sword club or something where sophisticated men can gather and admire eachothers swords?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

lalaland posted:

Is there like a sword club or something where sophisticated men can gather and admire eachothers swords?

Yes, it's called HEMA and we're all just as insufferable as you'd think

e:
There was a sword/ax/knife thing at one of the malls in town forever ago, but last I heard the owner of it was also the owner of one of the local head shops, and he decided to play chicken with a semi while on his motorcycle and a couple lines of something hard, so it wasn't around very long.

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 13, 2023

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Mine does. It also sells those creepy as gently caress anime statues of little girls with incredibly detailed underage vaginas, sorry I mean super awesome dragon spirt in their human form statues.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Extra row of tits posted:

Mine does. It also sells those creepy as gently caress anime statues of little girls with incredibly detailed underage vaginas, sorry I mean super awesome dragon spirt in their human form statues.

:chloe:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Extra row of tits posted:

:catstare:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anime. Anime never changes.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

My mall had a Jedi Temple but they closed after a few months (or maybe longer, it seemed like a they were coming soon forever). Now it's a cat Cafe except no Cafe, you just pay to pet cats.

The newest store I've seen is an anime nerd(?) store called Nani?!? (exclamation marks included I think).

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Saw a hat store the other day. Just hats. Want something that's not a hat? Well, buddy you best be looking someplace else. Preferably the sword store.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
In school me and my friends bought bokken sticks at the sword store in the mall and we'd beat the poo poo out of each other in my buddy's back yard. Most of the bokken broke or got displaced over the years, but I kept a hold of one of them, an orangish brown one covered in tape to stop it from splitting any more than it already was, the edges bashed and dented from combat. I loved that thing.

Anyways around a decade later I found a dojo in town that offered, essentially, samurai sword classes. And when it came time to practice our swings the sensei let me use my my bokken for practice! This scarred wooden sword coursing with the memories of countless battles between my closest buds. And I got to use it for my ACTUAL samurai class!! Thanks for the memories, sword store at the mall.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Shinai or bokken? Because if you’re breaking a bokken on someone you probably killed them.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
Bokken 'em? I hardly shinae 'em!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I sai as I draw an illegal anime

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

We used shinai as teens and had to ban stabbing (we kept having broken ribs scares)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Aishlinn posted:

i was looking into this popular dark souls sword, the Estoc and from what I read it's a hispanization of an english sword known as a "Tuck", but strangely enough the Estoc and the Tuck look nothing alike except for being rather heavy swords. the Estoc appears to be a plunging sword with a triangular or square blade with no cutting capability whatsoever and the Tuck is a heavy single edged cutting sword

the writings from the time advised to bring a Tuck for cutting wood, which is why i was reminded of this mystery.