Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I feel bad for y'all, the Maine Mall is still kickin'! No sword store though.

There is a crystal store though, for the opposite effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

Did you know you can 3d-print swords now? They're completely untraceable, too!

You wouldn't download a katana

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

I have moved around a bit and have found thriving indoor malls in colder climates

Saw a sword store in a Washington State mall this month

No joke, the Maine Mall is about as busy as I remember it in the 80's. They lost one big store which has not yet been replaced - Sears (and they had a good chunk of real estate). But otherwise just about every other spot is open, it's always busy when I go there, the food court is kickin, Spencer's is well stocked with Fart Spray, and Mrs Fields got some fresh cookies.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'll be going to the mall after Xmas and will make a point to keep an eye on swords for sale at the mall OP.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

maybeadracula posted:

You know it's the holidays when the Hickory Arms store shows up

Hit that place up for samples on the way to Record Town

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Brookstone is gone from my mall though. Did anyone ever actually buy anything in Brookstone? Or did we all just sit in the chairs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

egg_dog posted:

When I was a kid there was a sword shop in the shopping centre near me. They had shurikens and all that poo poo and if you left without buying anything they would ring a big gong as you walked out

YOU HAVE NO HONOR!

Come back soon!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does anyone's mall still have an Orange Julius?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had to look at the Maine Mall directory, and alas, there does not appear to be a dedicated sword store.

There is a tattoo parlor, which is pretty cool for a mall.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Swords are illegal here in britain, sorry.

Except for actual antiques anyway.

How low the Empire has fallen....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm considering what kind of sword I'd get.

Can a sword expert summarize the main categories?

Like there's Japanese swords, broad swords, those cool curved swords, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does my lightsaber replica count?