Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Ibexaz posted:

In school me and my friends bought bokken sticks at the sword store in the mall and we'd beat the poo poo out of each other in my buddy's back yard. Most of the bokken broke or got displaced over the years, but I kept a hold of one of them, an orangish brown one covered in tape to stop it from splitting any more than it already was, the edges bashed and dented from combat. I loved that thing.

Anyways around a decade later I found a dojo in town that offered, essentially, samurai sword classes. And when it came time to practice our swings the sensei let me use my my bokken for practice! This scarred wooden sword coursing with the memories of countless battles between my closest buds. And I got to use it for my ACTUAL samurai class!! Thanks for the memories, sword store at the mall.

I laid open my right hand to the bone while screwing around as a teenager with a bokken. Later we got shinai, which lasted maybe an afternoon before somebody got hit way too hard

I'd hella go to a samurai class tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU