Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think secret sword stores are out there

i used i live in san francisco and one night i was walking around the neighborhood on a quiet residential street and one of the garages was open and literally every loving wall in the place was covered in swords. mounted on really nice racks all lit up like it was a museum or something. just in a random little garage. i lived in that neighborhood for years but it was only ever open that one time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Internetjack posted:

This reminded me that there is a "Military Surplus" store in town. Maybe 40 years ago it was an actual military surplus store but it hasn't been for years. They do sell used hunting rifles and there is a wall of combat knives and swords including katanas and a bat'leth. The rest is just (brand new) camo fatigues made in China, overpriced winter jackets and overalls, overpriced hiking and combat boots(made in China), dehydrated food(made in China). So I guess their source for military surplus is the Chinese military. American flags hang everywhere.

the military surplus store where i grew up (northern california) mainly sold 1980's west german army stuff when i was a teenager, and now for some reason they seem to have a lot of finnish stuff and some british. the guys that run the store are indian. they do have amercan paratrooper boots tho. i guess it's just whatever the best deals they can get are?

they also have random us army documents like manuals for outdated jeep engines and poo poo like that