Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If you seek evidence of fraudulence in your team, you will surely find it.

-Abraham Lincoln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Nostalgic for the Brian Billick years.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Nostalgic for the Brian Billick years.

I'd take Billick over Harbaugh. But I wanted Billick fired too after the 2006 playoff loss.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

man the ravens had 6 straight deep playoff runs culminating in a sb win with mostly the same team as billick had flailing around and losing in the first round as soon as harbaugh took over. crazy poo poo

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1736860061304262688?s=46

Nov 6, 2002

Ghost Dog posted:

man the ravens had 6 straight deep playoff runs culminating in a sb win with mostly the same team as billick had flailing around and losing in the first round as soon as harbaugh took over. crazy poo poo

It is funny that you two have been having the same arguments for like a decade and Kawa has never been right a single time.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3864708&pagenumber=15&perpage=40#post489542149

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he did rightly predict the jared gaither revenge game

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"John Harbaugh has not cultivated a single Hall of Fame player" is a post i had completely forgotten about lmao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

Billick's career here died because of Kyle Boller. He really thought the guy was going to be a great pro QB and he didn't recover from it. Then we brought in Mason then the following year McNair and he almost saved it on that before the playoff loss. That 2006 team was the 2nd best team we ever had behind 2019. Easily our best defense. They were the strong rush D we usually have coupled with a legitimate pass rush.

Then 2007 happened and McNair broke down and a bunch of other guys got hurt and we lost out including to the winless Dolphins and Billick got sacked despite signing a big deal the previous offseason. Then we drafted Flacco and Rice and brought in Harbaugh. We had those same Billick guys on defense in 2008 but they slowly drifted away. But I do think if Billick had gotten those guys we'd have done very similar things. But it was all about Boller.

Fun thing though Boller actually was originally going to start in 2008! But he got injured. Then it was going to be Troy Smith but they said no we're just starting Flacco. Flacco was our third string and not originally intended to play that year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Alaois posted:

"John Harbaugh has not cultivated a single Hall of Fame player" is a post i had completely forgotten about lmao

Gotta wait for Tucker to retire

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

troy smith had the flu week 1 is why it was joe. shoutout to influenza for correctly identifying the greatest browns qb of all time

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

troy smith had the flu week 1 is why it was joe. shoutout to influenza for correctly identifying the greatest browns qb of all time

I remember that but always wondered if that was really true.

Nov 6, 2002

Would love to have seen the last several years if Kawa got his wish and Harbaugh was fired for Marvin Lewis .

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I hadn't thought of that. Man I wish we could have Marvin back.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I remember that but always wondered if that was really true.

what? yes its really true. this is very easily verifiable. what is wrong with you.

Nov 6, 2002

News from a more innocent era in that old forum link.

https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1066742180310474752

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he lost like 20 pounds from lemierre's syndrome

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh dammit I didn't read your sentence at first and nearly died

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oh I didn't remember that part. I just thought it was a convenient way for the team to not give him a chance to start. Cause a lot of the fanbase wanted to see him get a chance to be the top starter. I didn't remember it was a serious thing that lasted a long time

Nov 6, 2002

I thought Troy caught mono?

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

kidcoelacanth posted:

baker mayfield is gonna lead the bucs to a super bowl win

this would prove once and for all that tom brady is just a system quarterback

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

When a team plays probably their best game of the season so far against you and you still win that's always a great win

it would tell most people 'hey this team's pretty good'. somehow it tells you that we'd get blown out by Buffalo at home.

real talk: you hold the Ravens to an impossibly high standard, and even in a year which they have the third best point differential, own the #1 seed and have won seven games with a double digit margin of victory, it's still not good enough for you, because it will never be.

seriously, if you can't appreciate the Ravens this season then you probably never will and I think you're wasting your time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1736862903712539044

https://twitter.com/JimBobKanTex/status/1736863445864292372

https://twitter.com/RPatrickAllen/status/1736476042028613857

Nov 6, 2002

Toney is way too high on that list.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Rainmaker?!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

wandler20 posted:

I'd be mega hyped for this game.

NGL, if the Lions beat the 49ers in the playoffs they they can have the SB win.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I legit think Joe Flacco may be the best QB of the last 25 years the Browns have had at least. Baker is second.

He can at least move us downfield beyond 10 yards at a time every now and then.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Dec 19, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
His 3 games stretched out to 17 games results in 5,321 yards, 40 TDs, and 28 ints. Just a wild stretch of games, especially considering they're his first three starts for the franchise.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woozie66 posted:

5,321 yards, 40 TDs, and 28 ints.

How positively Brett Favre those numbers are

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know, I did not realize the Eagles were giving up the 5th most points right now.

PPG allowed

30.2 Football Team
26.9 Cardinals
25.1 Broncos
24.9 Panthers
24.7 Eagles

24.6 Chargers
24.5 Seahawks, Colts
24.1 Giants
23.6 Lions

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

kiimo posted:

How positively Brett Favre those numbers are

Jameis Winston has entered the chat

Flikken fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 19, 2023

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

You know, I did not realize the Eagles were giving up the 5th most points right now.

PPG allowed

30.2 Football Team
26.9 Cardinals
25.1 Broncos
24.9 Panthers
24.7 Eagles

24.6 Chargers
24.5 Seahawks, Colts
24.1 Giants
23.6 Lions

What's the Broncos ppg if you take out the 70 burger

And Geno and Jalen are both playing, crisis averted

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

I legit think Joe Flacco may be the best QB of the last 25 years the Browns have had at least. Baker is second.

He can at least move us downfield beyond 10 yards at a time every now and then.

The worst thing is knowing this is all temporary because they will trout Watson out there next year regardless.

Hey at least he looked good against the... Titans and Cardinals. Oh and I guess 1 quarter of the Ravens game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What's the Broncos ppg if you take out the 70 burger

And Geno and Jalen are both playing, crisis averted

21.6, which would move them down to 14th.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

21.6, which would move them down to 14th.

Seanny P does it again

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Rooster Brooster posted:

this would prove once and for all that tom brady is just a system quarterback

I'm suddenly fine with the Bucs winning another SB

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

AndrewP posted:

it would tell most people 'hey this team's pretty good'. somehow it tells you that we'd get blown out by Buffalo at home.

real talk: you hold the Ravens to an impossibly high standard, and even in a year which they have the third best point differential, own the #1 seed and have won seven games with a double digit margin of victory, it's still not good enough for you, because it will never be.

seriously, if you can't appreciate the Ravens this season then you probably never will and I think you're wasting your time

I’m holding my breath. The current ravens are almost always great in the regular season but that doesn’t mean poo poo in the playoffs.
They have made positive changes in the offseason that give me hope (Greg Roman was seriously holding us back) but we also still make some pretty boneheaded decisions and mental errors. It’s also yet another season where we are ravaged by injuries but I’m just numb to that now.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kalli posted:

PPG allowed

30.2 Football Team
26.9 Cardinals
25.1 Broncos
24.9 Panthers
24.7 Eagles

24.6 Chargers
24.5 Seahawks, Colts
24.1 Giants
23.6 Lions

Yeah, it doesn't help that they got whooped on by the Niners and Cowboys over the past two weeks, but they've had one of the worst secondaries all season long. Their entire defense hinges upon getting to the quarterback, and if they're not getting to the quarterback then it all falls apart and you can just sit back there and toss easy completions all day. I've pointed it out a bunch of times over the course of the season but Mac Jones was torching these guys back in week one and it's not like they've had any major turnarounds since then. I don't think the past two weeks are indicative of their overall quality as a team — those games were against two of the best teams in the league, each playing on 10 days' rest, and coming at the tail end of an absolutely brutal midseason stretch wherein they took on and beat the Cowboys, Dolphins, Chiefs, and Bills — but absolutely nothing about their defense has indicated they're a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 19, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I’m sure Matt Patricia will turn thi- ahahahah can’t even finish this sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
the nfc east thread is of two minds: either matt patricia will somehow lead the eagles to a magical four-game defensive clinic before getting them completely and hilariously blown out in their first playoff game, or tommy cutlets is going to drop bombs on us over and over and over as we drop the last four games of the season before getting completely and hilariously blown out in our first playoff game.

edit: it's likely i'm literally the only one who thinks the first is even possible, and admittedly it's speculation based not at all on evidence but rather a lifetime of watching the philadelphia eagles of philadelphia