Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

patricia sucks. i had entirely forgotten he wasn't banished to some c-tier pats assistant job

eagles gonna regret this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
We can only hope

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Freaquency posted:

The universe will implode trying to figure out which team to gently caress over

Lol if the Lions made it to a Super Bowl every Lions fan would be overjoyed even if it was a 91-3 Scorigami loss

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
drat we're on Week 16 already?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

the nfc east thread is of two minds: either matt patricia will somehow lead the eagles to a magical four-game defensive clinic before getting them completely and hilariously blown out in their first playoff game, or tommy cutlets is going to drop bombs on us over and over and over as we drop the last four games of the season before getting completely and hilariously blown out in our first playoff game.

edit: it's likely i'm literally the only one who thinks the first is even possible, and admittedly it's speculation based not at all on evidence but rather a lifetime of watching the philadelphia eagles of philadelphia

One loss down :getin:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
A new we're getting old dropped.

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1737294696009928771?t=gWoTpjm1E5EB8fiHBILOLg&s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

did Luke let the family down by not also having a quarterback son

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Jets should cut Rodgers and draft Cole Pennington

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cole Pennington sounds like he should be a white jazz clarinetist

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Chad Chard Pennington vs. the Virgin Cole Pennington

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Colewick Pennington

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

AndrewP posted:

did we ever find out why Payton was screaming at Russ last night?

I think going back and watching the highlights, the Broncos snapped the ball pretty quickly on consecutive plays, and both of them probably should have been challenged. The game was close enough at that point that there was no real reason to rush to the line of scrimmage and get a play off, so I'm not sure why the Broncos were so hurried. I'm guessing that''s why Payton was so pissed, Russ took the challenge off the table for basically no reason.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Simplex posted:

I think going back and watching the highlights, the Broncos snapped the ball pretty quickly on consecutive plays, and both of them probably should have been challenged. The game was close enough at that point that there was no real reason to rush to the line of scrimmage and get a play off, so I'm not sure why the Broncos were so hurried. I'm guessing that''s why Payton was so pissed, Russ took the challenge off the table for basically no reason.

Perna of that's good sports on YouTube did his review of the game and decided that even as a Denver fan neither of those challenges would have won, the first because you can't ever see the ball in replays and the second because he really was down inches from the line. And also the offside was super legit, it wasn't even close, the TV broadcast just didn't show the angle where the guard was lined up way offside.

Payton is just an rear end in a top hat.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Scipiotik posted:

Perna of that's good sports on YouTube did his review of the game and decided that even as a Denver fan neither of those challenges would have won, the first because you can't ever see the ball in replays and the second because he really was down inches from the line. And also the offside was super legit, it wasn't even close, the TV broadcast just didn't show the angle where the guard was lined up way offside.

It's kind of besides the point, which is why is Russ snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock there? Give the video assistants some time to look at the play. It's just not smart football in that situation, and he did it on back-to-back plays.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
If nobody is telling Russ to slow down and he's just going at his normal rhythm that's hardly on him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Simplex posted:

It's kind of besides the point, which is why is Russ snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock there? Give the video assistants some time to look at the play. It's just not smart football in that situation, and he did it on back-to-back plays.

the head coach and play caller probably has some influence on when the ball is snapped

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Simplex posted:

But if you’re gonna run a play it is smart football to get to the line quick instead of giving the defense a nice breather and time to line up correctly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Payton wanted a few more seconds so he could really Pete Carroll that decision

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So here's a weird thing.

Colts suspended Tony Brown and Isaiah McKenzie for three games for conduct detrimental to the team but nobody knows exactly what they did. There are rumors it's because they went hunting and killed protected birds on the trip. I think it's probably because they complained about playing time but nobody knows for sure yet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Codependent Poster posted:

So here's a weird thing.

Colts suspended Tony Brown and Isaiah McKenzie for three games for conduct detrimental to the team but nobody knows exactly what they did. There are rumors it's because they went hunting and killed protected birds on the trip. I think it's probably because they complained about playing time but nobody knows for sure yet.

No wonder the team hated Wentz.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Kawalimus don’t look

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Codependent Poster posted:

So here's a weird thing.

There are rumors it's because they went hunting and killed protected birds on the trip.

First they steal the team from Baltimore and now this? Ravens fan(s) just can’t catch a break

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Chad Chard Pennington vs. the Virgin Cole Pennington

Chad Pennington never had Chad's throwing arm

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scipiotik posted:

The first one was pure "whatever this is called on the field, that's what it's staying.", I thought it was kinda silly that Perna said that the Broncos couldn't challenge it because you can't see the ball but also said they should call it a TD so you can take a look at it. That "well, we'll call it a TD/turnover so we can see what happened, oop, there's no conclusive angle, call on the field stands." stuff is pretty annoying and has happened a little too much this year for my liking.

The second run, he was definitely down short. The offsides was technically correct but there's absolutely no loving way they call it if Reid and Mahomes aren't complaining about it and that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Basically never calling offensive offsides, then just calling it on the chintziest poo poo imaginable, golly gee, I wonder if Reid and Mahomes had a point.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Kawalimus don’t look

Those are ok except the Ross's and the blue type snow goose which are cool and I dont see why youd target that. Thats the only part I dont understand. I had a hunter come up to me in an eastern shore county and ask me if the duck he killed was rare(was a eurasian wigeon so yes) and was super happy. Like why was that necessary?? But I dont mind hunting per se

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

The first one was pure "whatever this is called on the field, that's what it's staying.", I thought it was kinda silly that Perna said that the Broncos couldn't challenge it because you can't see the ball but also said they should call it a TD so you can take a look at it. That "well, we'll call it a TD/turnover so we can see what happened, oop, there's no conclusive angle, call on the field stands." stuff is pretty annoying and has happened a little too much this year for my liking.

The second run, he was definitely down short. The offsides was technically correct but there's absolutely no loving way they call it if Reid and Mahomes aren't complaining about it and that really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Basically never calling offensive offsides, then just calling it on the chintziest poo poo imaginable, golly gee, I wonder if Reid and Mahomes had a point.

They don't, toney was blatantly offsides

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The fact that he was offsides isn't the point. There are a hundred examples of receivers being offsides and it not being called, because they don't do that. Like there were several examples of it not being called since then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

really queer Christmas posted:

They don't, toney was blatantly offsides

And now alignments that would've been fine in week 13 are getting TDs taken off the board in week 15. Who does that help?

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Non-chiefs fans still because it was really funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pontius Pilate posted:

Non-chiefs fans still because it was really funny

It cost a team that's directly chasing the Chiefs a TD!

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Those dogs look like they've never chuckled to themselves in their lives

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

MJeff posted:

And now alignments that would've been fine in week 13 are getting TDs taken off the board in week 15. Who does that help?

The opposing teams that didn't line up in front of the ball.

I'm not gonna feel sympathy for offsides penalties, which are very easy to determine, when the underthrown DPI bait still exists and is much more opinion based and open to ref bias.

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

The fact that he was offsides isn't the point. There are a hundred examples of receivers being offsides and it not being called, because they don't do that. Like there were several examples of it not being called since then.

all i hear is *waaaaahhhh*

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't know what the argument is against calling it. Remove the offensive offsides penalty entirely? Don't call it in the final two minutes?

The flag was thrown well before the play went for a touchdown; it's not like the refs knew it would be a pivotal play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Wow. It's like you don't even care how this impacts Travis Kelce's career highlight reel.

Nov 6, 2002

Apparently WRs should just be allowed to line up wherever, or alternatively they should stop the whole game and the ref can do the "back it up" signal until the WR is compliant, and then restart the game.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

I don't know what the argument is against calling it. Remove the offensive offsides penalty entirely? Don't call it in the final two minutes?

The flag was thrown well before the play went for a touchdown; it's not like the refs knew it would be a pivotal play.

There have been times that it wasn't called so they should never try to get it right ever

Nov 6, 2002

Docjowles posted:

There have been times that it wasn't called so they should never try to get it right ever

Especially when it's extremely blatant. They let a guy line up offsides by a foot, so that means they have to give a full yard cushion now.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Every coach gets to throw two polkadot oopsie flags after a play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There has been a Cowboy lining up offside on defense drat near every game this year. I am not going to suggest maybe it's okay and they should just let them play from there. It's a braindead mistake to make, easy to fix, gently caress that. Just use your goddamn eyeballs.