Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

xbilkis posted:

If they lose to the Raiders, the Chargers probably quietly have the inside track on a top 5 pick. Who woulda thunk it

We're losing out.

5-12 won't be enough to get Marvin Harrison Jr, but it'll be enough to get Brock Bowers or Verse or Latu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

We're losing out.

5-12 won't be enough to get Marvin Harrison Jr, but it'll be enough to get Brock Bowers or Verse or Latu

And get Staley fired. I guess I’ll take it?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

The standings in these final weeks are going to be wild. So much can change from week to week and technically no one has even locked up a playoffs spot. Usually by now you have a decent idea who's going to make it, but every wild card spot except maybe the Dallas/Philly one is still up for grabs. In the AFC, no division is close to safe. The only team in the AFC who I would say is a lock is Baltimore, who would have to lose out while multiple other teams go on a run to get the Ravens out of the playoffs. One win for them against anyone clinches a playoff spot. The bad news is they have the hardest schedule down the stretch along with Miami.

Going to be great fun to watch, even if the games end up sucking. It really feels like anything could happen. We could be in for some amazing clown ball due to so many teams pushing to get in.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The Niners have clinched a playoff spot, I think they’re the only team though.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Ah yes you're right, the 9ers hold enough tie-breakers to get in no matter what. Also, one of the Cowboys and Eagles are also in for sure, but not both as of today. One more win for both and they also clinch.

Still pretty nuts that it can change so much with so few weeks left.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Do the Giants run it back with Daniel Jones next year or is DeVito the guy?

They're too good to get a top tier QB in the draft now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I imagine the Giants have Daniel as the starter but if DeVito plays well in preseason that seat gets precarious very quickly and also they will draft a tackle in the first.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Athletic has an article about the Jags theft guy

Turns out all the other finance people left so Patel had absolutely 0 oversight. Jags baby

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Harlock posted:

Quarterback Easton Stick

I thought that's a piece of hockey equipment.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Athletic has an article about the Jags theft guy

Turns out all the other finance people left so Patel had absolutely 0 oversight. Jags baby

When opportunity knocks…

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734623891660927039?t=VDz2uTVIimQ5iQSvmvLTTg&s=19

The Ravens have signed a Patriots practice squad QB to their 53 man roster. Can anyone explain why this would happen?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

people are speculating that it has to do with auditioning him as Lamar's backup for the next few year's but I don't understand why'd they spend a roster spot on him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe lamar convinced them to replace whatever duvernay's roles were with that guy. he's a little bit of a swiss army knife as opposed to a straight up qb

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

maybe it wasn't lamar. but they are friends. he had 20 rushing TDs a couple years ago. i don't know. i'm loving donezo! i don't know jack!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hey, those are some good thoughts. Informative. I even saw a kind of stat in there. Don't beat yourself up so much. You're a good poster and we love you.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

maybe lamar convinced them to replace whatever duvernay's roles were with that guy. he's a little bit of a swiss army knife as opposed to a straight up qb

breaking kayfabe smdh

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I appreciate the posts

I appreciate Lamar

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's odd since Huntley already seems like the ideal backup for that offense.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1734623891660927039?t=VDz2uTVIimQ5iQSvmvLTTg&s=19

The Ravens have signed a Patriots practice squad QB to their 53 man roster. Can anyone explain why this would happen?

He has an intriguing skill set, but was mostly practicing as a WR outside of a preseason performance that was the only time they had life in the preseason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rtgZZHlapw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Think he'll get another shot?

https://twitter.com/byajperez/status/1734649517704692172?s=20

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I do not understand Tommy DeVito

DAboll is maybe the greatest QB whisperer of our era

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Bills might sign him back to have Von take him under his wing

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He absolutely should

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Come back to Buffalo!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Elevator pitch: it’s the sopranos, but with football.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kinda surprised the Titans didn't go for him after the initial report that he wasn't involved in that incident (though it's not like we give a poo poo about our punt situation at this point in the season). If he truly wasn't involved I do hope he gets a second chance somewhere next season.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

davecrazy posted:

I thought him coming out to the sopranos theme was gonna be peak devito but then they sprung his agent on us

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

I went to the game last night and when they had the ball the crowd kept breaking into chants of "One of us!" and it was pretty funny.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

We're losing out.

Sorry buddy but you're winning Thursday

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think having the QB's family doing tailgate meals also helps a lot.

DeVito is local, he's humble, he's Italian as gently caress, and he just wins games (against garbage-to-mediocre teams but he's still winning them!).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/vikings/status/1734684027817533491?s=46

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Not a surprise if you saw the 3-0 game, which is an experience I will always treasure.

rip Passtronaut, Dobbs has had a hell of a season and I will always root for a former Vol, especially the last one to beat Georgia, but sadly he does kinda suck.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

davecrazy posted:

I still don't know if his agent is leaning into it or if that's how he actually dresses.

Either way it's incredible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’ve done it. I’ve created a playoff where the AFC North is in every AFC wildcard game and the NFC South is in every NFC wildcard game. The Chiefs are out. The Bills are out. Sean Payton is back in the playoffs.

Let those ratings soar.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I loving hate collinsworth

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

New Jersey is Real

This, but affectionately:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Sorry buddy but you're winning Thursday

Stick is playing and Keenan is gonna be out. It's over

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ve done it. I’ve created a playoff where the AFC North is in every AFC wildcard game and the NFC South is in every NFC wildcard game. The Chiefs are out. The Bills are out. Sean Payton is back in the playoffs.

Let those ratings soar.

A Falcons rematch is about the only Lions playoff matchup I'd feel comfortable with, so hell yeah

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

Stick is playing and Keenan is gonna be out. It's over

3-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

z0331 posted:

I went to the game last night and when they had the ball the crowd kept breaking into chants of "One of us!" and it was pretty funny.

Only chants I heard last night was “go pack go”.