Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kirios posted:

Do the Giants run it back with Daniel Jones next year or is DeVito the guy?

They're too good to get a top tier QB in the draft now.

I think I counted one throw that DeVito made from the pocket last night, the rest were scramble drills. I'd wait to crown him until they play a team with an actual defensive coordinator.

Though two of those scramble throws were 100mph bullseye darts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

a neat cape posted:

Stick is playing and Keenan is gonna be out. It's over

Hey, you’re getting Palmer back!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Abugadu posted:

I think I counted one throw that DeVito made from the pocket last night, the rest were scramble drills. I'd wait to crown him until they play a team with an actual defensive coordinator.

DeVito ran for 71 yards last night and averaged 7.1/carry :lol:

He just completely clowned on the Packers. That Barkley fumble really made the game look closer than it was.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Devito tossed some darts and runs well. I can't really see what his ceiling would be because the giants O line is hot garbage, but it'd be cool if he continues to improve and rises above meme

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Mr. Nice! posted:

He just completely clowned on the Packers. That Barkley fumble really made the game look closer than it was.

I couldn't believe that we kept sending overloaded blitzes on one side of the line and had zero players within 15 yards of the LOS on the other side of the line. I could not have come up with a better script for success for DeVito than what we drew up, it was beyond frustrating to watch. The Super Prevent Defense at the end of the game was particularly nauseating.

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah last night was 100% a Joe Barry Special, not that the shaky offense or STs helped

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Abugadu posted:

I just rewatched all of his throws and the real number was more like 10-15 completions from the pocket, depending on if you want to count quick game / throws behind the LOS / the flea flicker. Not saying DeVito is a world beater (or that Joe Barry didn't call a poo poo game), but he made reads, got the ball out on time, and was smart about when to scramble/rush*. You could call him Diet Purdy at the moment

*a combo that, crucially, Daniel Jones did not exhibit this year, even when you look only at times when he had a functional o-line

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I counted three from the pocket that went past the line of scrimmage that were completed before the 2-minute drill, in which a stationary JUGS machine could have spat balls at WRs uncovered by ten yards.

(:48 in video)2nd Q, at 13:55 - Play action, great strike in the hole in the middle, 13 yards, decent window to throw into as LBs bit up and safety slow to come over
(1:08)2nd Q at 7:21 - Quick outside throw right for five yards, on target, defender six yards away
(1:48)3rd Q at 7:30 - Quick outside throw left for five yards, on target, defender mildly offball

The flea flicker at 2:10 in the 3rd was a poo poo throw that was saved by the WR.

I am not ready to call him the next Brock Purdy.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Would you accept RC Cola Purdy?

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Mr. Nice! posted:

The funniest thing is DeVito had 73 rushing attempts for 35 yards last season with Illinois

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

trevorreznik posted:

The funniest thing is DeVito had 73 rushing attempts for 35 yards last season with Illinois

I went to Illinois, and while I don’t follow their miserable football team or college ball much at all, this checks out

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/sinow/status/1734611630413979958?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

i hope tommy devito gets a starting qb job just so we can see more shots of his family and agent

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gonna coach Michigan.

Him ruining michigan just to get back at tom brady is the level of petty i expect from bill

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

oh my god tommy devito’s agent just got even awesomer

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/12/12/sports/tommy-devito-agent-sean-stellato/

that viral sidelines phone call pic was him talking to his young kid, SIENA SICILY

this dude is more italian than al pacino

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The agent did a radio hit with Boomer Esiason on his radio show this morning. He's a pretty typical Jerry McGuire wanna be, pretty harmless.

E: I'm pretty sure he's made a career of representing like long snappers and fringe special teamers, so Tommy D hitting it big is probably the biggest break he's ever gotten.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 13, 2023

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

kiimo posted:

Gonna coach Michigan.

Him ruining michigan just to get back at tom brady is the level of petty i expect from bill

I hope someone records Bill Belichick trying to recruit a kid

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Honestly had to check if he was actually dead and this was the announcement, lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

I hope someone records Bill Belichick trying to recruit a kid

Edelmans stories about Billy 5 Aces on the kelce brothers podcast were pretty amazing. He'd probably be pretty good at it.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i'd take al michaels over the snf guys

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Al Michaels/Tony Dungy was a legendarily bad performance.

Al's still genuinely enjoyable with Herbstreit for TNF trash; he just shouldn't be calling games of import.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

herbstreit loving sucks rear end. al michaels is fine.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
I’ll still take a tipsy Al over a sober Colinsworth any day of the week, regular season or playoffs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

trevorreznik posted:

CFB subtracts sack yardage from QB rushing yards so this number isn't a *true* rushing yardage total.

Pontius Pilate posted:

I’ll still take a tipsy Al over a sober Colinsworth any day of the week, regular season or playoffs

Cris is always a little drunk on Mahomes.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

elime anning posted:

Would you accept RC Cola Purdy?

...yes.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pontius Pilate posted:

I thought him coming out to the sopranos theme was gonna be peak devito but then they sprung his agent on us

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7311504684190076190

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pontius Pilate posted:

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I loving hope not. Also nice wording there, Matt might mot be paying her but that doesn't mean his lawyer isn't

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

We live in a simulation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/ericwhiteback/status/1734604611590525114

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why'd he pick sf of all teams?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

abelwingnut posted:

Giants.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Lmao he actually got SF World Series rings for the bit. Incredible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

abelwingnut posted:

The joke in brady’s expo dream was that he still lost twice to the Giants.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Eli’s a drat good sport.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Borsche69 posted:

herbstreit loving sucks rear end. al michaels is fine.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what's wrong with herbstreit? i like him informing me about how x dude performed in college, and he seems to break down plays quickly and well.

e: i do not pay attention to college football, so if it's something from that, sure. i just think he's fine as an analyst.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1734937757477134490?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Zach Wilson going on a tear to finish the season would be the funniest thing.