Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Does this mean Panera Bread has now gone Un-Woke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I've only been to Panera a handful of times in my life. I got a greek goddess chicken sandwich, a cup of broccoli cheddar soup, and a 16 or 20oz charged lemonade. It was almost $23.

There was no one at the front counter and only kiosks. When I ordered the lemonade, there was a little warning that popped up. Also it wasn't in the fountain. They had to give it to me. I don't even remember if I was able to select a size.

It tastes like watered down Tang.

Soup is good so far. Haven't gotten to the sandwich yet.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

So they ordered something called charged lemonade and thought there was an electrical component.

Could also mean it's got electrolytes. Or it's charged with the power of vitamins like B12 or taurine. There are many legitimate ways to charge food that are not caffeine

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

busalover posted:

Does this mean Panera Bread has now gone Un-Woke?

Caffeine makes you super-woke.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Caffeine makes you super-woke.

:hmmyes:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
eating a $8.75 sandwich from my local liquor/deli

my sandwich could beat the poo poo outta some bitchass dweeb panera sandwich with profound ease

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yo wtf lmao. 390 mg in a 30 oz of this poo poo are you kidding me. thats like the MAX recommended daily amount. thats like 3 or 4 decent cups of coffee. a powerful pre-workout supplement doesnt even have that much. and they're just blasting this poo poo out of a fountain. epic

My pre-workouts usually top out at about 300 mg, which is the absolute most I typically drink in a single serving. And if I'm drinking that much in one serving, it's only after adding up how much I've already had that day and making sure the total isn't over 500 or 600 mg. I have a high caffeine tolerance though.

390 mg per serving is insane, but a 30 oz serving size (presumably with ice???) is also kinda nuts. That's a little under a large drink at a lot of places. Usually if I order a drink that size I'll drink it over the course of at least an hour or two, which would space out the caffeine some, although caffeine takes about an hour to start taking effect in an average adult, so...

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 13, 2023

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

GABA ghoul posted:

Could also mean it's got electrolytes.

It's Got What Hearts Crave!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Nooner posted:

the soups are actually made from a slurry of different animal's poop

Chimera Bread

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I don't know if Panera really cares one way or the other, but like it's just a caffeinated drink right?

It’s a caffeinated version of something people would never assume has any caffeine in it, it has hella caffeine in it, free refills, and no warnings about its HELLA CAFFEINE content.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Panera should be pretty aware that they are going to have customers that chug whatever carbonated beverage comes out of their machines, and if something they offer has a known potential of severe side effects after someone chugging a couple servings they shouldn’t put it right next to everything else on the fountain.

Unless you are diabetic, I don’t think anyone associates drinking 96oz of a fountain drink in an hour a potential deadly or serious immediate health risk

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s a caffeinated version of something people would never assume has any caffeine in it, it has hella caffeine in it, free refills, and no warnings about its HELLA CAFFEINE content.

To be fair, I literally posted that I went there earlier today and they only allowed one size (maybe 16oz with a lot of ice), there was a warning that popped up on the kiosk, and I'm not sure if there were free refills because they filled it behind the counter and I just got mine and left. It was not available for customers to refill.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

To be fair, I literally posted that I went there earlier today and they only allowed one size (maybe 16oz with a lot of ice), there was a warning that popped up on the kiosk, and I'm not sure if there were free refills because they filled it behind the counter and I just got mine and left. It was not available for customers to refill.

they gave you the Country Time bro

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Who the hell over the age of 16 is drinking lemonade without booze in it? Weirdos…

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Who the hell over the age of 16 is drinking lemonade without booze in it? Weirdos…

Pour some vodka in the charged lemonade and call it an Ocho loco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pour some vodka in the charged lemonade and call it an Ocho loco.

oh poo poo

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Probably added the warning and all the other stuff AFTER two people blew out their hearts from it and their families sued

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GABA ghoul posted:

Probably added the warning and all the other stuff AFTER two people blew out their hearts from it and their families sued

I assumed as much.

naem
May 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol the last time I got Panera my sandwich was just a ball of gristly turkey centered in the middle of some dry rear end bread with wilted veggies and droopy bacon. I know they used to be pretty good but the food is such utter trash now you might as well just get McDonalds.

my experience too we used to get it at my last job a lot

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

EorayMel posted:

What's TCC's hot take on this matter I wonder :thunk:

they got poppy seed bread?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
has anyone said more leik panera dead haha

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

They've had it for a while, I think. I went there with some coworkers at the beginning of the year and they had the caffeine content right on the dispensers for the different flavors.

And yeah. whoever said it was misleading because there's no context. We all had no idea how much that actually was relative to anything until we looked it up and then were shocked :v:

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Lmao

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
How often does the Sip Club meet? Do you have to pay dues? Looking to meet some fellow sippers.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

AKA Pseudonym posted:

How often does the Sip Club meet? Do you have to pay dues? Looking to meet some fellow sippers.
The advertised sip club is just the hoi polloi. To get into the inner circle you gotta be retired and hang around a panera around 2pm. here's a tip: make a good impression with the 78 year old guy with the ponytail who types excruciatingly slowly on his laptop

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Panera DEAD!!

Efb

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
also i just did the math and 30 oz is almost a liter lmfao what in the gently caress is going on in america. are all your sugary drinks so outrageiously large?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

For the most part, yes. 64 ounce Big Gulps all day every day.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

also i just did the math and 30 oz is almost a liter lmfao what in the gently caress is going on in america. are all your sugary drinks so outrageiously large?

Because we are fat and only want to get up once or twice to refill our drinks.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Yes and many places have free refills on soda and coffee

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Viral marketing for the new Crank movie is not going very well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

everything important is outrageously expensive in america — rent, healthcare, groceries — CPR on our wallets is a daily occurrence

the one and only bone they toss us, the common folk of modest means, is unlimited drink refills for $2.99

you better believe we’re gonna go back to the fountain 5 or 6 times, can’t afford not to

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs and you can't sell a beverage that borders on poison without breaking some vital organs. Two deaths by lemonade is one of the lowest amounts of death by lemonade you can have anyway, I'm sure somebody will do something once the body count hits 10 or a toddler's heart explodes because the toddler thought it was fruit juice.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Seems like they just should have added the same amount of caffeine as any other caffeinated soda. Baffling on many levels

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Seems adjacent to the old Onion article "Fun Toy Discontinued Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids".

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Milk, milk, lemonade.
Around the back is where the bodies are laid.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Seems like they just should have added the same amount of caffeine as any other caffeinated soda. Baffling on many levels

doesnt sound particularly cracked to me. if anything they could stand to increase the caffeine somewhat

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There are a bunch of Paneras around conveniently located off of highway exits. I used to work in transportation and I'm 100% sure there are truckers chugging a dozen of these lemonades a day as they haul a Walmart trailer across the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Sounds like someone has never made number go up