Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Everyone knows at least one person that downs 4 Red Bulls or more a day. We can create a whole new market of people who do it under the guise of 'it's just lemonade dude lay off'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

https://youtu.be/Q-WHRJPlL5g?si=jwPDeJbIp7zwIOMS

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

SettingSun posted:

Everyone knows at least one person that downs 4 Red Bulls or more a day. We can create a whole new market of people who do it under the guise of 'it's just lemonade dude lay off'.
I've seen this and also a manager at Ross who would chain drink black coffee out of a horribly stained coffee maker. He also smoked though so it was even stimmier. They call it legal speed baby!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dixville posted:

I've seen this and also a manager at Ross who would chain drink black coffee out of a horribly stained coffee maker. He also smoked though so it was even stimmier. They call it legal speed baby!

On legal speed the American way!

(unless you're not American, in which case the reference doesn't work)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dixville posted:

excuse me while i go get another cup myself

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Panera bread's bread is all plastic. The bagels have a texture and sheen of plastic, the bread is plastic, it's terrible.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

when life gives u lemons

die

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Pantera killing people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVMvART9kb8

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dixville posted:

there's some weird interactions between nicotine and caffeine https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2057503/

I've seen some junk science say that nicotine cut's caffeine's effectiveness in half

My Panera story - when the charged lemonade first came out I made an Arnold Palmer with regular iced tea and I had an extremely unpleasant afternoon

this is literally the best Pantera song :colbert:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

there's some weird interactions between nicotine and caffeine https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/2057503/

I've seen some junk science say that nicotine cut's caffeine's effectiveness in half

My Panera story - when the charged lemonade first came out I made an Arnold Palmer with regular iced tea and I had an extremely unpleasant afternoon

this is literally the best Pantera song :colbert:

nope best Pantera song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ht3XGhlfYs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
On one hand you shouldn't sell something with that much caffeine in it without at least putting a warning label on it but on the other if you're such a fat gently caress that you order 3 loving refills of sugar water (that's about 2.5L - 3L in normal measurements) when you visit a fast food joint that's all on you dumbass.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

A Fancy Hat posted:

There are a bunch of Paneras around conveniently located off of highway exits. I used to work in transportation and I'm 100% sure there are truckers chugging a dozen of these lemonades a day as they haul a Walmart trailer across the country.

:patriot: God Bless America
...and soon

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
No thanks, I know a place where you can get the same effect for much cheaper.

Edit: Dear God, you can order it on their website. $18 gets you 128 fl oz (3.8 liters) containing 1,644 mg of caffeine.

https://catering.panerabread.com/menu/category/beverages

William Bear fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 14, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

William Bear posted:

Edit: Dear God, you can order it on their website. $18 gets you 128 fl oz (3.8 liters) containing 1,644 mg of caffeine.

I wish I was dead.
No, wait
I wish everyone else was dead

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Bear posted:

Lol excellent way to give Janice from Accounting an unexpected heart attack when she stops by the office lunch n learn

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

William Bear posted:

You'd think that would be a family size you get when you had too many kids and there's no chance in hell you're cooking that much food everyday but even American parents wouldn't give that to their kids. Right? :ohdear:

I guess at least it comes in bottles so in theory they won't have to drink it all in one evening.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Can I combine it with Vodka OP?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

A Fancy Hat posted:

There are a bunch of Paneras around conveniently located off of highway exits. I used to work in transportation and I'm 100% sure there are truckers chugging a dozen of these lemonades a day as they haul a Walmart trailer across the country.
Don't truckers make their own lemonade?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

William Bear posted:

You can buy payday 3's first DLC for that money

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

EorayMel posted:

You can buy payday 3's first DLC for that money

Panera has better value. The DLC will entertain you for a few hours; the lemonade will last the rest of your life.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

William Bear posted:

Panera has better value. The DLC will entertain you for a few hours; the lemonade will last the rest of your life.

Fittingly, the rest of your life will only be a few hours after drinking the lemonade :honk:

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

EorayMel posted:

Fittingly, the rest of your life will only be a few hours after drinking the lemonade :honk:

:thejoke:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

A gallon of mountain dew is just shy of 590mg of caffeine. A gallon of red bull is merely 1100mg lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Nooner posted:

I've never actually gone to Panera bread because back like 15 years ago when we were all still young and working garbage jobs there were always threads about like "tell secrets about your work place" where goons would be like "I used to work at a store that has a big yellow tag and rhymes with "West Guy" and ....."

I wish SA was able to attract new users because I'm sure gen z has a good crop of stories about poo poo jobs.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Purchase posted:

everything important is outrageously expensive in america — rent, healthcare, groceries — CPR on our wallets is a daily occurrence

the one and only bone they toss us, the common folk of modest means, is unlimited drink refills for $2.99

you better believe we’re gonna go back to the fountain 5 or 6 times, can’t afford not to

:hmmyes:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I can't believe that old lady scalded HER OWN vagina on that caffeinated lemonade and now my lemonade will never be allowed to be caffeinated enough, we need tort reform now my tax dollars shouldn't have to pay for this

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The caffeine LD-50 and marijuana LD-50 are both absurdly high, yet only one is killing our sip club members. Recommendation: Kind Kola with 400 mg of thc to double the profits as we dip into new demographics, and potentially mellow out the lemonade crackheads.

Normality Breath
Oct 2, 2022

down n out posted:

The caffeine LD-50 and marijuana LD-50 are both absurdly high, yet only one is killing our sip club members. Recommendation: Kind Kola with 400 mg of thc to double the profits as we dip into new demographics, and potentially mellow out the lemonade crackheads.

Going to the soda fountain for some Downer Lemonade to mellow out from the Upper Lemonade, but accidentally getting the Deliriant Lemonade. My last sane thought before typing ebay.com: “drat you Panera Bread Research Chemicals Department, drat you to hell…”

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Gatts posted:

Panera bread's bread is all plastic. The bagels have a texture and sheen of plastic, the bread is plastic, it's terrible.

They're putting plastic bread in the lemonade? Terrible. What is the world coming to

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I've bought a lot of real dumb poo poo on Abilify, but I never bought a whole fuckin piano.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

This sounds like a job for

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So it's been a few days, has Panera Bread killed again, or has it's lust for blood be satiated for now?

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
looking forward to the references in rap.
“drop them posers like im panera”

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
The caffeine content doesn’t really seem absurd as far as energy drinks go so much as the volume. There’s a couple brands that are 300 mg/can that are about 16 oz, so you’d have to pound nearly 2 of those to get 30 oz and it’s be closer to 600 mg caffeine. Some other varieties are round 200 mg/can which would be about the same as this lemonade. Hell black coffee is like 80-100 per 8 oz cup so 4 of those would give you 32 oz and similar caffeine content.

The mind boggling part to me is it just being on a fountain machine you can grab as much as you want of. Kinda surprised more random kids haven’t ended up hospitalized.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PoundSand posted:

The caffeine content doesn’t really seem absurd as far as energy drinks go so much as the volume. There’s a couple brands that are 300 mg/can that are about 16 oz, so you’d have to pound nearly 2 of those to get 30 oz and it’s be closer to 600 mg caffeine. Some other varieties are round 200 mg/can which would be about the same as this lemonade. Hell black coffee is like 80-100 per 8 oz cup so 4 of those would give you 32 oz and similar caffeine content.

The mind boggling part to me is it just being on a fountain machine you can grab as much as you want of. Kinda surprised more random kids haven’t ended up hospitalized.

Energy drinks don't do a great job of displaying their caffeine content as it is, either. It's usually in tiny print in a little box to the side of the nutrition label or something, and you kinda have to look for it. I've seen energy drinks that didn't show their caffeine content at all.

Caffeine should be listed on nutrition labels in the vitamin section, imo.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 19, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Not gonna lie, I want one of those Panera Lemonades.

But the closest one is hours away, unlikely.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
movie fact: Al Pacino's character drank one of these a few minutes prior to the events of Heat

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Lol @ all the euro babies clutching pearls over America's ability to contain an entire liter of liquid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
you're supposed to boof it