Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I wonder if this is gonna be more like Sucker Punch or BvS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

honestly my main frustration with this whole thing is that it feels like Netflix is trying to artificially recreate the Snydercut hype... if I know right from the start that there's a "real" cut it kinda takes the wind out of the sails and I'm significantly less hyped about the first release.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

why can't people spell Zack right :qq:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It is pretty clunkily written tbh

quote:

Being not only the film’s director but also a writer, producer, the director of photography and sometimes even the camera operator, calling Snyder Rebel Moon’s fully formed and executed vision still feels like quite the understatement.
personally I do not believe that Zack Snyder is a fully formed and executed vision

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah I thought it was gonna be like a month at most. That sucks

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

McCloud posted:

If you like Snyders work in general, I'd say it's worth watching, especially since it's on streaming and literally only costs you two hours
I could spend those two hours :justpost:ing instead

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

If their plan was always to have a PG-13 2hour cut and an R-rated director cut, why not just release them both and let people watch the version they prefer?
They're not actually done with the final cut, they're dumb, and they hope us Snyder cultists will play along regardless so they can generate double hype from one movie

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I have not watched the movie but I can't help but think of the crazy conspiracy theory "crisis actor" stuff from BvS that actually very realistically mimics IRL stuff that justified Desert Storm etc.

Like, I think there's a level where portraying politics realistically makes a movie look extremely stupid, because real life governments are extremely stupid

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

y is the film called rebel moon when the people are rebelling not the moon, big mistake from zack s, film bad
In the R rated cut the rebels are all going to moon the bad guys

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

checkplease posted:

Ok listened to Synders interview on the DGA. Man is a big dork who rambles, but very enthusiastic.
I genuinely don't know if it's a bit, but just fyi his name is spelled Zack Snyder

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

checkplease posted:

Nah just typing on my phone while a toddler tries to grab it. Will correct.
lol not tryin to give you poo poo about it, it's just you spelled it that way every single time in this thread. and a lot of weirdos insist on spelling it "Zach" but generally only haters

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lol what. I ain't watching all that to see if that's what they actually say in the video, kinda sounds like it could be a misinterpretation cause otherwise that's really odd

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tankbuster posted:

movie wasn't as good as dune pt 2.
this should be the subtitle of CineD tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

It must be pretty embarrassing to shoot at a planet and miss