Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

teagone posted:

Come watch the premiere with goons in the CineD Discord!

How can one join the CineD Discord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DuhSal posted:

I just want to watch the director’s movie as intended why do they gotta be so extra???

Netflix is the only company bold enough to release four Zack Snyder movies within a 12 month period

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Farg posted:

saw the film: not great.

I thought the new Saw was fine?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

y is the film called rebel moon when the people are rebelling not the moon, big mistake from zack s, film bad

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

checkplease posted:

I do think the end of the fight isn’t edited the best and hoping the longer cut cleans it up. I agree, we all know she’s still got two swords in free hands.

But it’s important to keep in mind that the spider woman was doomed already. First we know that mining has killed her offspring likely making her the last of her kind. Next, she approaches initially trying to bargain saying that her path of terrorism is justified. And even if she kills Nemesis, Kora has her gun ready to shoot the spider.

Really the end is just the spider making sure her executioner looks her in the eye one last time. Maybe a hope for her cause to be remembered, a new reason to fight. Maybe a final acknowledgment that terrorism isn’t the path.

I'm hoping the r rated takes show this better, like if we see more of a focus on Nemesis' face to get a reaction or maybe hesitation even as she's being strangled. Like I got it as a microcosm of a bad end for the colonized and a doomed land. And while telling a story like that through a fight isn't easy Snyder is usually really good at getting characterization out of fight scenes. So it stood out as a really odd moment.

Tarak lol, there being a Conan the barbarian space gryphon cowboy, that was awesome, I just wish they took the bird with them.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

That shot of her against the planet by itself is good but the way it cuts from and to it and nothing else in the movie looks like it makes it stick out badly and feel too artificial.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

the village the rebels are defending actually is a conservative religious settlement.

That poo poo's established in like the first 15 minutes! Imagine how much harder you could have attacked the film if you actually watched it first.

This hit me right away because of how Kora won't be considered an actual member of the village til she marries someone and also Gunnar, Gunnar is the most open minded person there! I loved that because when Noble is conversing with the leader and Gunnar speaks up, you're expecting him to be like Theron in 300, instead he's the only reason Noble doesn't just have his troops massacre everyone right then and there.

The solutions the leader and later the rest of the village has are peak cinservatism, either give them absolutely nothing, or let's just do exactly what we've been doing only even harder and next time things will be better I'm sure of it! And of course they are, look at the culture of this empire that dominates so much of the galaxy.

Kora and (not to the full extent but still) Gunnar are the only ones that realize how this poo poo actually goes down with empires.

Interested to see if part 2 makes that more obvious, that even i directly their culture can be inspired by the empire over time.

"Once more we survive. In the end, we lost this battle too.

What?

I mean, the victory belongs to those peasants. Not to us."

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 25, 2023

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

I mean yeah that's the thing, like an extra line or two saying like "even with Noble gone, the Motherland might still come back..." with a knowing look thrown in. Sure they could be just going to chill through the harvest and get those g(r)ains but it seems kinda superfluous

Her saying that their payments awaits them there was enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Jimbot posted:

I'm definitely going to carve out an afternoon for when the director's cut aka the real version of the film come out. I want to see the film in its full uninterrupted glory. That's the problem with having it being broken up into two parts with its release date so far apart: people think its a sequel when it's not. There will be sequels and maybe they'll be broken up into two parts too but they're not sequels to each other.

Above all else, I think the release strategy netflix has adopted for this project is awful. Just let the man cook and release his uncut Heavy Metal inspired stuff first and foremost, then release the cut for the prudes after the fact. I don't think releasing it in two parts was the issue since Dune did that and people understood what was going on. There weren't any moron critics mistaking Dune Part 2 as Dune Messiah, regardless of what they thought of the quality of the film was. Basically, they need to adopt the reverse of a director's cut. You get that version first then the cut-for-TV version as a bonus.

Yeah I didn't HATE part 1 but like, I'm not even bothering watching this one until both real versions are out.