Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So when is the directors cut out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Thread’s getting many of lengthy posts from people who don’t usually go to the movie forum, mulling over ideas like ‘the basic concept of fiction’, so it seems like the movie’s a success.

Like when Snyder Cut came out, and people were suddenly really interested in aspect ratios.

Lol seriously now I’m reading posts about “suspension of disbelief”

Lmfao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m a bit more than halfway through Rebel Moon and the my biggest issue is the breakneck pace once they start assembling the squad. It’s kind of confusing they’re dropping the movie in “theatrical” and “directors cut” when it’s mostly only on streaming anyway. But Netflix definitely wants to double dip I feel on subscribers.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The rlm thread guys can continue being miserable on Christmas Day. I’ll enjoy my sorta mid seven samurai sci fi movie

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

baalaagaa posted:

Watched this nursing a Christmas hang over but Disney was right to pass on this unoriginal seven samurai in space.
The fight choreography was dire, obvious gently caress ups were left in. Does Zack not believe in multiple takes?

Those Disney movies ain’t better than this dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ozmunkeh posted:

I turned this garbage off after the stupid spider lady fight but what's with the constant slow motion? I know it's a zach snyder movie, dead dove do not eat etc, but jesus christ this guy is a one trick pony.

What’s with this director doing his signature thing he always does in his movies.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ozmunkeh posted:

Eh, like I said, you know what you're getting with one of his movies but I wasn't quite prepared for the sheer quantity. Taking no care with the application of a filmmaking tool and just mashing ctrl-v throughout your movie is how you end up with /battlefield earth/.

Literally what the gently caress are you talking about lmfao

It’s like if you’re watching Eyes Wide Shut and just seeing every single Kubrick stare and then saying, this is so hack/he’s just copy pasting. No dude!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

What are you talking about :dafuq:

I’m saying snyder does slow mo in basically all of his movies. It’s literally his thing. I’m not sure how you can say that doing it again in this movie basically makes it battlefield earth somehow.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Staggering the releases keeps people maintaining their subscriptions (and getting hooked on other comment) while they wait for the next part, and it also means that they don't need for the VFX studio to finish the entire thing in order to start having content.

What's weird is that Netflix is doing this with a movie, while notoriously doing just the opposite with designed-to-be-episodic seasons of television.

They basically got 4 movies out for this. Both parts and both directors cuts

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Not sure if it was posted yet but part 2’s trailer was released

https://youtu.be/Cf16jEmvJUY?si=clqhvKmGJZE0cSdq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I gave up reading twitter threads for the rest of my life