Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s a pretty meaningless point to make 40+ years after Star Wars redefined sci-fi.

Like, what sci-fi action doesn’t have either a direct Star Wars influence?

This really borrowed more from Star Wars’ own influence - namely: stealing from Kurosawa and Westerns. The structure is pretty much just Seven Samurai, copied even closer than Rogue One’s take on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’m ok with the two versions as I look forward to enjoying the good movie again with a fun remix

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The long version excludes all criticism of fascism.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Finally got around to seeing pt2. It’s not as good as the first (almost no planets and only one alien!) but it’s fun for being largely a very simple story.

If you can’t follow the grain plot I am concerned for you.

I’m down for the longer versions. It’s a dumb setup, but I think it’ll be fun to compare the two. Part 3/4 i am hopeful that they do more travel and have some more colourful characters.

I like how they leave stuff to the imagination - that was a goddess AND a furnace? - but want a little bit more info on how people view the imperium and whether or not people know magic is real. More cantina scenes and some more colour please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I mean, bring me an SMG-style takedown on Snyder of the caliber done for DNF and I'll convert immediately.

(https://docs.google.com/document/d/155tMXOaubyoKid5d7FGxl3TWCyg4eeBOfDILlfxmhDo/edit)

dnf was worth it for these posts