Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Why are half the shots out of focus man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I have eyes that work I can assure you - some of these shots in the first act have no focal point, it’s just awfully focused and he’s used a crap lens for stupid reasons

https://www.techradar.com/streaming/netflix/zack-snyder-built-a-whole-new-camera-lens-to-give-netflixs-rebel-moon-a-distorted-retro-look

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Majkol posted:

oh boy.

Can you post some examples of shots you consider to be badly composed?

It's not badly composed

This is fine - I like this effect

However when he fucks the effect up, you get this - She's actively talking in this scene and her face is in focus for every other shot so it doesn't come across as anything intentional

There are parts of the opening scene where the main characters face is slightly out of focus, enough that I notice it and it distracts me. It's not something thats translating that well to a screenshot

Solus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 29, 2023

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Gotta say, they definitely had a few people who put their whole pussy into making the hosed up background aliens/weird guys - I’ll give em that

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Bit poo poo innit