Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

No Mods No Masters posted:

This is very devil's advocate, but I suppose that is itself embeded in the star wars DNA at this point. I mean han solo ended the saga mostly standing in front of a door, to say nothing of very similar failings in rogue one

I think that's the source of the complaints. This cut of the movie makes the Rogue One crew look robust and developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just pointing out that the look is basically wholesale ripped from Gestapo and Soviet Commissars of WW2, right down to the tie (40k Commissars don't have ties, they generally are wearing space armor or embroidered naval jackets).

Yeah the looks are similar but they're drawing from a similar source.

I felt the 40k influence more in what little we saw of the Imperium's gothic design and architecture. I'm pretty sure the cathedral the Emperor stands in front of when he gives the speech to graduating cadets was straight up a terrain piece GW sold a few years ago.

That and the giant impractical company standards.

One comment I find myself aligning to was a youtube review comparing the meat of the movie to a Final Fantasy game. You go around collecting visuall distinct party members who get a bit of story when you recruit them and a moment to shine at the end. Otherwise they blend into the background since the developers don't want to code around all potential party compositions.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 5, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Aren't the cuts where he goes slower motion when he's already doing slow motion a kind of speed ramp?