Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Martman posted:

honestly my main frustration with this whole thing is that it feels like Netflix is trying to artificially recreate the Snydercut hype... if I know right from the start that there's a "real" cut it kinda takes the wind out of the sails and I'm significantly less hyped about the first release.

yea it'd be one thing if they actually gave it a proper theatrical run instead of limited showings in a few select cities. that'd make sense! but they aren't so I'm just gonna wait for the version snyder wants people to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

checkplease posted:

Weird to me that they didn’t want the r rated cut to begin with. Netflix has plenty of such material on it. I dunno, did their past r rated films not do well?

It's less about it being r-rated and more that Netflix thinks most people won't watch a movie that's 3 hours or longer.

It's a very silly notion because this year we had Killers of the Flower Moon which proves otherwise. Not to mention tons of people will binge tv shows for 3 hours or even longer!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

That's an even dumber reason than I thought given the context of zack "the 4 hour zack snyder cut, by zack snyder" snyder

yea it really is. I am trying to dig it up but can't find it, but earlier in the year there was an interview with snyder where he pretty much said that netflix generally doesn't want movies that are over 2 hours so having two versions was the compromise he was given.

I'm glad that he's actually able to put out his own cut but it sure is silly.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

I'm still really confused. I'm curious about this film but people here are saying this film was purposely cut down by Netflix? And there will be a director's cut?

Is any of that confirmed? Or is it all just speculation?

It's all confirmed by Snyder himself.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Wouldn’t Snyder have had to agree to this hamfisted plan that brings him a bunch of bad press?

Better to agree to a dumb plan that lets him eventually put out the version he wants instead of not getting it at all.

Sadly the days of Netflix giving big checks to let directors do whatever with little to no supervision seems to be over. Apple is where that's happening now.