Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Friendship ended with Star Wars. Now, Rebel Moon is my best friend :sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Roth posted:

Please watch more movies before posting in this forum

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Guy A. Person posted:

"this was the worst movie I've ever seen, narrowly edging out several movies so forgettable I can't remember their names"

(for the record I don't care if you don't like the movie, but I do think the whole "worst X ever" thing has been so played out online as to be effectively meaningless, something like "worst movie I saw this year" at least adds a reasonable qualifier)

Yeah I can never hear someone unironically say "Worst X Ever!!!!" without imagining them as Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons lmao

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Just saw Rebel Moon this morning and what can I say but holy poo poo. I knew this would be good if not flawed because of the scaled-back cut, but even still, this blew me away. The art direction and style of this movie is some of the coolest sci fi poo poo I've seen in film in years (although I haven't seen The Creator yet). It's funny everyone's bringing up Star Wars, when I felt way more Excalibur, Halo, and even Doom Eternal vibes from this.

The action scene, with all its glorious slow-mo is (as always with Snyder's stuff) breathtaking, and even awe-inspiring. I had the biggest grin on my face when watching this. I genuinely pity some of folks in this thread who have clearly had their brains broken by Cinema Sins to the point where they just can't enjoy awesome stuff like this anymore. Sucks to be them!

The only "flaw" really is the film is pretty light on character development, (which I imagine will be fixed in the extended cut anyway) but honestly, I didn't even mind it too much. It's an ensemble film and those are always pretty light in the character department anyway. I am looking forward to seeing more stuff for Bloodaxe and Nemesis in the extended cut since they were my favorite characters and totally stole the scenes they were in.

Rebel Moon ftw baby :sickos:

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 25, 2023