Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I tried to give it a fair shot, but completely lost it at the communal water barrel. Are they going to have a hoedown too? (wait, did they have an actual hoedown in part 1? I can't remember). Maybe churn some butter while they're at it? I hate to give George Lucas credit, but he managed to capture the feeling of frontier farmers while still having them use futuristic tech. Instead these are the settlers from the "Up the Long Ladder" episode of TNG. That montage was rediculous. I was really hoping they would literally swing a hammer and sickle together and hold it in mid-air for the camera.

Also lol at the Legally-Distinct-From-Lightsabers fight. 2nd funniest movie I've seen this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

I love how the main gun on the dreadnaught, i.e., the command ship for the head badguy and symbol of imperial power, does not have full range of motion, takes like half an hour to power up a single shot, can't compensate for air turbulence, and does almost enough damage to put a dent in a small pre-industrial hamlet.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

The grain is chemically unstable and forms natural explosive compounds.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

JazzFlight posted:

Did anyone else think it was really silly that the Native American griffin rider's home planet was some kind of Victorian England steampunk world where they wore bowler hats?
Like, during the writing process, did they think, "what would be the most surprising reveal for the homeworld for this character?"

I think it was someone in one of the GM'ing threads who said "if your campaign has too many settings, it has no setting." The world that this take place in isn't coherent at all. It's like tearing a page from 15 random comic books and stitching them together.