Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

what the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
It was a Christmas spirit! How exciting! Now I feel like getting in a big group and going up to people's doors and singing at them!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They go throughout the building and stop on every floor to sing carols and every year without fail I’d be on a conference call trying to make big deal$ at the exact moment they’d visit my floor.

This is loving insane.

naem
May 29, 2011

R.L. Stine posted:

christmas is about remembering jesus by doing a bunch of weird druid poo poo

christmas was changed to dec in order to try to suppress the weird druid poo poo, but the druid poo poo was so popular it got incorporated into christmas

like a jolly old elf who breaks into your house, who must be placated with offerings and warded against with green and red evergreen decorations, who leaves gifts if pleased, who punishes the unworthy,

early christian’s were like oh um no that’s, saint, saint Nickolas ahah yep totally christian

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Carol of the Bells was a song meant to commemorate pre-christian Ukrainian traditions for the new year (in spring). It too was made jesussy.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wassailing is weak poo poo. real heads go mummering

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I've rolled two businesses into one and began a caroling/gangstalking hybrid venture. It's gonna go over like gangbusters.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

AARD VARKMAN posted:

What the gently caress is the deal with Christmas "caroling"? Have you ever had a group of people show up singing at your door? Hell, any goons maybe even participate in this phenomenon?

:confused: for a while I thought maybe it was invented for television but probably it was invented by perverts (England?)

I've been caroling because of school. Maybe 6th grade?
They had us march around for a few miles and sing at random homes and an old people's home. We sang feliz navidad to a bunch of old white people.
I hated it but I talked with a nice old man while we were there, he's likely been dead for 20 years.

I have never had carolers show up to my own door, I wouldn't open it for them anyways because that would be loving annoying.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvHWRsCn5w

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My grandma made us do it as children. Not sure how we didn't get shot.

icantgrep
Jun 5, 2004

We have neighbors who stop by every year and sing. The only part I hate is that I don't know when they are going to drop by so I am never drunk enough to enjoy it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They go throughout the building and stop on every floor to sing carols and every year without fail I’d be on a conference call trying to make big deal$ at the exact moment they’d visit my floor.

Goddamn if there’s one time to invoke the war of Christmas “hearing about Christmas literally rapes me” to HR then that’s the fuckin time!

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
how does this work with castle doctrine?

can you just start blasting when they show up?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

frumpykvetchbot posted:

how does this work with castle doctrine?

can you just start blasting when they show up?

If it's christmas carolers you have to use wassail doctrine

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The only carolers I’ve ever physically seen were performing at the mall probably 30+ years ago, authentic Dickensian outfits and all.

I always thought they were a 19th century literary thing, myself.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
imagine how boring winter would have been in like the early 20th century if you were living in a city. just months of huddling in barely lit or heated rooms. fuckin like rabbits all winter

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I feel like my last post kind of started in one place and wound up somewhere else

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s what the over-the-counter uppers and downers were for

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

what are the 8 maids milking? theres no mention of cows in the song.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

numberoneposter posted:

what are the 8 maids milking? theres no mention of cows in the song.

;)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Let's sing Down With the Sickness so we can call them "you fucker" :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

yea buddy get you some