Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
let’s remember that EMRs were first developed to be able to share information amongst institutions rapidly (which didn’t happen, any transfer I get is dumps of printed paper with half of it worthless repeats) and then fairly quickly shifted to capture billing (which happened to the nth degree)

I guess this is the way American medicine invades the bulwarks of European social
medicine: money-capturing software infected with hard coded American English jargon, quickly driving providers insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moby_Dick
Apr 18, 2003

You'd think I've been riding the L all my life.
at my institution, they got epic but didn’t want to pay for any outside IT help so they voluntold random folks to become “super users” to teach the lay folk about the software

the long term effect of this is that nobody really documents anything anymore unless some billing person pops a query into the patients chart and just about every provider prays daily for a butlerian jihad and a return to paper charting