Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What if there was a restaurant that was full of fake prehistoric plants, ferns mostly, and completely decorated with dino stuff, and there were animatronic dinos, and the wait staff were dressed like people out on a dig, and the menu was all like "Brontosaurus Burger" and there was a huge T Rex that roared and spat fire from its eyes when it was somebody's birthday??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
And there was like a big kids play area where kids could dig up things that were not choking hazards and they served alcohol and the biggest cocktail was the Extinction Event and it was a big thing with all these liquors and different colors and dry ice and multiple straws

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Guessing :thejoke: but

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
T-REX DINOSAUR RESTAURANT/BAR/SHOPPING/EXPERIENCE

The bar is shark themed

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They had shark bars in dinosaur times.

naem
May 29, 2011

do you think that sexy singles head out to the shark bar like on purpose

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In dinosaur times they for sure did. Back then they had no way of knowing better. These days it's a mystery that only the greatest dinosaur scientists could discover. Unfortunately they're all dead, so we'll never know.

naem
May 29, 2011

do you bring your date to the Sha-bar-k to impress her or do you go solo and mingle

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Funky See Funky Do posted:

They had shark bars in dinosaur times.

Shark bars are older than tree bars

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

how can Denver be so carefree when he's the last dinosaur?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I assume his EXTREME RADICALISM somehow inures him to the negative changes of Time.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

There can be only one

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

When there's noone left to judge you, you can be the free radical you've always wanted to be.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
oh god he killed them all

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

I hope that when I die, scientists will theorize that I may have had feathers. I would look so cool with feathers.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What if there was a restaurant that was full of fake prehistoric plants, ferns mostly, and completely decorated with dino stuff, and there were animatronic dinos, and the wait staff were dressed like people out on a dig, and the menu was all like "Brontosaurus Burger" and there was a huge T Rex that roared and spat fire from its eyes when it was somebody's birthday??

I think it'd be fun if the wait staff, instead of being paleontologists, would act as time-traveling tourists from various points in the future that had come back to check out the dinosaurs. So that sometimes they'd scan your head with a weird device and they say "oops, I forgot your era doesn't yet have PsychotronicNanoprofilers™ yet" and then they'd laugh at the outdated technology when you handed them a credit card. Some would speak Martian, and then switch to broken English when they realized that 2024 was long before Elon Tesla colonized Z (the planet formerly known as Mars). Other staff could be cyborgs that would occasionally break down and start a fire.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

tek79 posted:

I think it'd be fun if the wait staff, instead of being paleontologists, would act as time-traveling tourists from various points in the future that had come back to check out the dinosaurs. So that sometimes they'd scan your head with a weird device and they say "oops, I forgot your era doesn't yet have PsychotronicNanoprofilers™ yet" and then they'd laugh at the outdated technology when you handed them a credit card. Some would speak Martian, and then switch to broken English when they realized that 2024 was long before Elon Tesla colonized Z (the planet formerly known as Mars). Other staff could be cyborgs that would occasionally break down and start a fire.

:hmmyes: I'm unclear what cyborgs have to do with dinosaurs, but eight year old me wants to go

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: I'm unclear what cyborgs have to do with dinosaurs, but eight year old me wants to go

Wrong thread, right idea

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Cronodoculous posted:

I hope that when I die, scientists will theorize that I may have had feathers. I would look so cool with feathers.

Jesus Christ I thought you had died.

e: or worse, left the site forever :(

buglord fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2023

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/101M1Rh.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm the l'il dino pigeon in the background

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/2M4nZJ3.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's a busy dashboard.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

i can make the same sound after drinking chocolate milk

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A third bird thread? Ok alright.

These are my favourite dinosaurs.

https://i.imgur.com/IJrlqeZ.mp4

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Did every Tyrannosaurus rex look up at the comet all surprised like the textbook illustrations depict? They must’ve been the only dinosaurs that gave a gently caress.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fuckstick posted:

Did every Tyrannosaurus rex look up at the comet all surprised like the textbook illustrations depict? They must’ve been the only dinosaurs that gave a gently caress.

With tears in their eyes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

They're actually 2-3 meters tall.

Also paleontologists recently discovered that their diet consisted solely of people who called them small.

Ut OH! I should probably watch out for dinosaurs

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Fuckstick posted:

I woulda been the Tyrannosaurus who looked up and was like hey look a giant ball of awesome flaming food, I'm gonna get it! And then I woulda been jumping at the thing and clamping my jaws on nothing while it impacted and blew me into tiny bits of dust

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

dinosaurs look delicious, just like feet

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/LXEgyyj.mp4

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

I gained being taken down by a pack of those things. I'd die a second time from sheer embarrassment.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has anyone ever been attacked by geese? Birds are definitely frightening. A t rex sized goose with a mouthful of razor sharp teeth is terrifying to contemplate
look up cassowaries. they just have claws and they can easily kill people who are dumb enough to get close to them

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

quote:

The first documented human death caused by a cassowary was on April 6, 1926. In Australia, 16-year-old Phillip McClean and his brother, age 13, came across a cassowary on their property and decided to try to kill it by striking it with clubs. The bird kicked the younger boy, who fell and ran away as his older brother struck the bird. The older McClean then tripped and fell to the ground. While he was on the ground, the cassowary kicked him in the neck, opening a 1.25-centimetre (0.49 in) wound that severed his jugular vein. The boy died of his injuries shortly thereafter.

The bird was right.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Oh poo poo I totally misread the thread title.

Here’s your answer, OP

Edit: Aaaaand beaten to it on page 5 :smith:

Fuckstick fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 5, 2024

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

mystes posted:

look up cassowaries. they just have claws and they can easily kill people who are dumb enough to get close to them

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7258299490577206574

I dunno how to embed tiktok videos, but this is pertinent. :stare: i dont get how they're so chill being so close to one :stare:

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

heard we got hot cassowary content

i approve

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's a kiwi. Good bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
While you certainly don't want to internationally get to close to one, the very few recorded death all seem to be "was an rear end in a top hat to a cassowary and found out" type deal.

Honestly if you were sitting on a beach and one walked up to, and you didn't really have a chance to back away slowly, just not making any sudden moves or loud noise is definitely your next best bet.

This is also true of a poo poo ton of potentially dangerous animals. Although some predators are a loud noises and making yourself bigger type deal.