Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

buglord posted:

I went to a natural history museum recently and something that came to mind is if things like the T-Rex still looked like that or if they all had feathers and stuff now. Was it just tetrapods or did things like stegosaurus or triceratops also have feathers or what?

I remember some fan art of hippos and ostriches demonstrating what would happen if we gave extant animals the same treatment we give dinosaurs by making them look all scaly and scary. Also if you don’t have answers maybe we can talk about dinosaurs in general and maybe cool facts about them.

Best wishes,

Buglord.

Chickens. They have the similar physiology as the T-Rex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

apparently they all look(ed) like this:

dinosaurs got real tiny

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Salt Fish posted:

Dinosaurs lived 200 million years ago, but they were also around for 200 million years, so technically they also were on this side of the milky way, but I didn't want to over complicate the point.

I believe you will find it was 65 million years in the making

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

They're actually 2-3 meters tall.

Also paleontologists recently discovered that their diet consisted solely of people who called them small.

Ut OH! I should probably watch out for dinosaurs

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's a kiwi. Good bird

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

Ah come on, big birds are notoriously friendly!

he's canonically only 6 years old. I think Elmo is older than him

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

Yeah, but like an Anaconda only really eats someone like once a month, so if you see big birds belly is big, he's well feed, and your all safe to go up for a hug!

Well yeah once Big birds a full grown adult he'll need to eat a lot more obviously.

Hug him while you can kids!

Hmm. Sesame St. is just eldritch horrors making it fine for our kids to take over. I can get behind that.
Super Grover used to wear middle age armor, in the 1980s

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Big Bird definitely stomps and tears apart his prey, like a secretary bird. Swallows them whole, too.

gently caress yeah. Big bird is awesome

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

maybeadracula posted:

He's just a baby

A baby roc

I don't thing any of you guys watched Semice street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008