Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I went to a natural history museum recently and something that came to mind is if things like the T-Rex still looked like that or if they all had feathers and stuff now. Was it just tetrapods or did things like stegosaurus or triceratops also have feathers or what?

I remember some fan art of hippos and ostriches demonstrating what would happen if we gave extant animals the same treatment we give dinosaurs by making them look all scaly and scary. Also if you don’t have answers maybe we can talk about dinosaurs in general and maybe cool facts about them.

Best wishes,

Buglord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
You know good and well what I meant

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Knormal posted:

This is generally considered the most up-to-date reconstruction of a T. Rex: https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/7/30/21348242/sue-t-rex-field-museum-flesh-model
Sue came to our regional museum when I was a child. I dont remember what she looked like, but I remember having my little 7-8 year old mind blown. Shame the museum closed down.

The last class I had taken at my local community college was a geology course with a focus on dinosaurs. That absolutely blew my mind the same way. We talked about all the clades like marginocephalia, thyreophora, etc. I held onto my textbooks because even after acing the class I still wanted the books, but I threw my old notes away for some reason, which is a shame because I remember putting in big bold ink the facts that really stood out to me. Seeing the natural history museum in los angeles last week filled me with a ton of nostalgia, partially because we also went there for an adult field trip as part of that class too.

thanks for the serious answers as well as the fart joke answers, thats what i come to GBS for. anyone have dinosaur podcast/channel reccs so i can remember all my dino facts that i lost?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

One of my least favorite kind of people are people in their 30's and older who whine about feathered dinosaurs, glad this isn't that

the feather thing does kinda bug me, but what also bothers me are people that hold onto outdated ideas so I relented.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Cronodoculous posted:

I hope that when I die, scientists will theorize that I may have had feathers. I would look so cool with feathers.

Jesus Christ I thought you had died.

e: or worse, left the site forever :(

buglord fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2023