Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

dinosaurs got real tiny

They're actually 2-3 meters tall.

Also paleontologists recently discovered that their diet consisted solely of people who called them small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If only the winged giraffes hadn't been so tasty we could of still seen them majestically flying over the Africans plains to this day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
While you certainly don't want to internationally get to close to one, the very few recorded death all seem to be "was an rear end in a top hat to a cassowary and found out" type deal.

Honestly if you were sitting on a beach and one walked up to, and you didn't really have a chance to back away slowly, just not making any sudden moves or loud noise is definitely your next best bet.

This is also true of a poo poo ton of potentially dangerous animals. Although some predators are a loud noises and making yourself bigger type deal.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

I personally will keep a great distance from any giant bird.

Ah come on, big birds are notoriously friendly!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

While BB does seem cool, I also assume he could cut your throat with his razor claws, or gut you. Or chase you down and peck out your liver.

Yeah, but like an Anaconda only really eats someone like once a month, so if you see big birds belly is big, he's well feed, and your all safe to go up for a hug!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he's canonically only 6 years old. I think Elmo is older than him

Well yeah once Big birds a full grown adult he'll need to eat a lot more obviously.

Hug him while you can kids!