Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
:ghost::synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

You fool!

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
i do the voodoo, the shamanning, the sprits

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fret not, dead thing. I remember you, and I know you remember me....

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I used to work at a very old (Revolutionary War era) restaurant/inn in my hometown when I was in high school. One of those classic New England “George Washington slept here” type of places, and long rumored to be haunted. Anyway the place could be creepy as hell when no one was around. Myself and this girl would come in early after school and do prep work for that nights dinner service. One afternoon I was there by myself or so I assumed. I’m in the kitchen chopping stuff and I hear my name being called from the dark dirt-floored basement where the walk-in freezer was. The voice sounded exactly like the girl I usually worked with, but I didn’t remember seeing her car in the parking lot. Curious, I went down into the basement, where of course no one was there. I poked around a bit including checking the walk-in but nothing. Now I’m a little freaked out so I go quickly back upstairs where my co-worker is just coming in the back door. There was absolutely no way she could have been in the basement. :iiam:

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
ghosts aren't real but archons very much are. if you think you've had an encounter with a ghost, it was probably an archon

they feed off negative emotional energy but if you exercise regularly, eat well and stay away from booze and drugs just like me they'll leave you alone

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There are these giant rock walls in the middle of the forest.

The farmer and family made them, 200 years ago.

Today though, it's just forest.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My upstairs neighbor died and then the pipes above my bathroom started leaking because she didn't flood my apartment enough in life it seems :argh:

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
I’ve had first hand experiences with spirits. My parents used to keep them in a cabinet in the lounge, next to the fancy glasses. The most malevolent spirit was whiskey. As a result of my experience with that particular spirit I woke up with ectoplasm down my shirt.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
river phoenix haunts my microwave

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pimpcasso posted:

river phoenix haunts my microwave

My River Phoenix party still haunts me.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So here's my Ghost story:

One night at the camp, no drugs/alcohol, I woke up in the middle of the night to see my grandmother wreathed in flames - like fire all around her. Standing before me. She was wearing a white dress, that's it. Holding her hands out to me.... Amid those flames...

And then like two nights later I dreamt her in a red dress, the same dress as before but entirely red instead of white. Still in flame.

With her hands outstretched to me.

I had just brought her chair to the camp. That's it, right?

And that was 25 years ago and I've never had that dream again or anything like it.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm a vampire

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

I'm a vampire

You definitely suck :xd:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Konar posted:

ghosts and spooks aren't real, what are you a baby? a tiny scared little baby haha?

I'm a big scared baby :colbert:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You definitely suck :xd:

gently caress you

E: you suck

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 20, 2023

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I don't believe in ghosts but I know people who do and there is no rationalizing it with them. I have been to a supposedly haunted hotel and nothing happened either.

Also if ghosts are real but aliens aren't real, I'm going to feel ripped off.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Stealthgerbil posted:

I don't believe in ghosts but I know people who do and there is no rationalizing it with them. I have been to a supposedly haunted hotel and nothing happened either.

Also if ghosts are real but aliens aren't real, I'm going to feel ripped off.

What about alien ghosts?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
It is sadly no longer possible to have sex with a ghost because you cannot define an acceptable level of consent beyond our own physical plane of existence.

This is the future that liberals want.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

Das Boo posted:

I'm not saying ghosts, but I feel very comfortable saying there is not a good explanation for some things I've experienced. I've heard the term "preternatural" for something that science simply can't explain yet, and I accept that.

That's about where I am at. There is no way of truly understanding my experience so all I can do is look at what is the most positive thing I can take out of it.

BigBadSteve posted:

I feel that after you do so and can become an effective source of support for your mom, your sister will be at peace.

And this is what I should be taking out of it, obviously.

JeffLeonard posted:

Again, I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope that you find some solace in my story. And I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays.

JL

TY for this. Very much. I also have a lot of regret. I wish I had been a better brother to her. Been there to support her more and help with her lonliness. That I could have connected with her more deeply.

I miss her a lot.

Thank you for the responses and the surprising lack of meanness everyone.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dan Akroyd would gently caress an alien ghost so hard.

Mr. Goodbytes
Jan 30, 2006

Networks AND Ghosts?
My apologies, but the only thing I could think of was "Sweeeet Caroline! Ding ding ding!"

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm a ghost. What of it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

STABASS posted:

How's it hanging?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Imma ghost ur rear end op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Could go for a ghostjob rn

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

STABASS posted:

Are you haunting us because you only ever wanted to be a good poster in life, but your posting remains so bad even in death that you find yourself unfulfilled?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

STABASS posted:

How much ectoplasm do you produce per day

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Your sister is a doorbell now, OP. That's just the way things go :(

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
When I was growing up everyone knew someone who had worked at the Winchester Mystery House and would swear up and down how haunted it was and all the stories about hearing voices and spirits call their names and stuff when they were alone in the house at night etc etc, EVERYONE knew someone who had a story about it we even like had someone who worked there come to our school one time to talk about it and tell us about spooky stuff she has experienced working there

Anyways believe it or not it's all 100% bullshit, Sarah Winchester just had some Elon Musk money and thought architecture was neato so she paid people to build all the stuff she drew up but also had no idea what she was doing so most of the stuff tuned out all wonky.

But spooky ghosts make good marketing so lol

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
My mom, my brother, and I had the same dream on the same night about encountering a small blond girl in a white dress with no face in the same spot of the house. I dont know why and I dont want to. Nothing like that happened before or since.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

When i lived with my parents i thought my bedroom was haunted because now and then this gust of wind would come from the wall in front of me and be so strong that i couldn't breathe through it.

Then one morning after one of those hauntings i realized that the bedsheet was wrapped around my neck, and i figured that i was probably twisting myself so much in bed that that happened. After that i never got haunted like that again, figures.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

My mom, my brother, and I had the same dream on the same night about encountering a small blond girl in a white dress with no face in the same spot of the house. I dont know why and I dont want to. Nothing like that happened before or since.

When? Did the girl do anything? Like hand gestures....

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

we're the real ghosts, haunting this ffucking hellworld

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

I tugged it to a girl what died on xvideos

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Not before but definitely between filming and tugging

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

we're the real ghosts, haunting this ffucking hellworld

This is closer to the truth than you might like.

That's why I have no fear of ghosts or the otherworldly.

We're already in Hell bro!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
great grandmas TV volume cranked all the way up with no explanation when we were cleaning her house out after she died. fuckin weird shite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
120 billion humans to have ever lived and not one loving one of them came back to tell us what its like being a ghost.

I would totally tell people I saw their wieners.