Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
In hindsight I should have had Ryan Reynolds in there somewhere for the Deadpool deadpool.

What a poo poo snype. Oh well, fingers crossed for Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

They both have MS, and at least in recent years, it seems like celebrities don't really announce that they're sick until they're about to die

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britains-queen-elizabeth-postpones-meeting-advice-doctors-pa-2022-09-07/

https://abcnews.go.com/International/britains-queen-elizabeth-ii-medical-supervision/story?id=89517044

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62836057

https://apnews.com/article/religion-germany-vatican-city-be1579f1300b38ef3d2fe50ccb60227a

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/29/europe/pope-benedict-update-vatican-intl/index.html

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2022-12/pope-emeritus-rested-well-overnight-health-situation-stable.html - This article title is my favorite personally.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

drat, I had forgotten Palpatine-pope hadn’t died yet. Although given his namesake, we’ve got to be careful about him cheating the system. Everybody gets only one death, damnit :mad:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

^^Somehow, Ratzinger came back

YeahTubaMike posted:

They both have MS, and at least in recent years, it seems like celebrities don't really announce that they're sick until they're about to die

Christina Applegate announced she had MS quite a while ago, didn’t she? And she’s still acting in spite of it, even warning people that she’s going to look different—because god forbid someone with a degenerative neurological disorder not be a total smokeshow (this is directed at the people she was warning). Not sure about Selma Blair, has she retired?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
What? Is Ratzinger not dead?

NM, he's dead since 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

YeahTubaMike posted:

Oooh. 😔

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Fuckstick posted:

Screenshots made. Good luck ghouls!

Maybe put the post url with that somehow in case people change their avatar and name in 2024.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Maybe put the post url with that somehow in case people change their avatar and name in 2024.

Their picks will remain in this thread for posterity. Planning to create some sort of spreadsheet to keep track of things but it will be based on the username they made their picks with as well.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

:siren:2024 Game is now closed. We have 57 players. Lists can now be found in the first post below the OP:siren:

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
It should not be allowed to guess Richard Dean Anderson 😡

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Peter Falk posted:

It should not be allowed to guess Richard Dean Anderson 😡

the guy from NCIS?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why was Sir Nils Olav the Third taken from my list? There's no rules against picking a penguin. They have a name and they're alive.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Outrail posted:

Why was Sir Nils Olav the Third taken from my list? There's no rules against picking a penguin. They have a name and they're alive.

Commissioner has ruled. Humans only.
Another goon had his entire list redacted because it consisted entirely of make believe characters, so fair is fair.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

root beer posted:

^^Somehow, Ratzinger came back

Christina Applegate announced she had MS quite a while ago, didn’t she? And she’s still acting in spite of it, even warning people that she’s going to look different—because god forbid someone with a degenerative neurological disorder not be a total smokeshow (this is directed at the people she was warning). Not sure about Selma Blair, has she retired?

Some people do just fine with MS, for decades. Other people it's falling off a sharp cliff. Or they take drugs for it and have bad reactions and have to switch them up until they find one that works for them with not so bad side effects.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

covidstomper58 posted:

Some people do just fine with MS, for decades. Other people it's falling off a sharp cliff. Or they take drugs for it and have bad reactions and have to switch them up until they find one that works for them with not so bad side effects.

Same with ALS and MND. The average prognosis give you 18 months from onset of symptoms, but then you get cases like Stephen Hawking or Steve Gleason who eventually stabilize and live on for years. Apparently you fare better with neurodegenerative disease if your name is Steve. Lou doesn’t do quite as well.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Fuckstick posted:

Same with ALS and MND. The average prognosis give you 18 months from onset of symptoms, but then you get cases like Stephen Hawking or Steve Gleason who eventually stabilize and live on for years. Apparently you fare better with neurodegenerative disease if your name is Steve. Lou doesn’t do quite as well.

That's good news then for Christina Applegate.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Outrail posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

that's why Donald is the best!

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I saw Sean Connery on someone's list, he died in 2020.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fuckstick posted:

Commissioner has ruled. Humans only.
Another goon had his entire list redacted because it consisted entirely of make believe characters, so fair is fair.

A slap in the face to the entire British military, smh

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Sir Nose posted:

Nice catch, thank you for the report.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Aww man, I didn't know Yoko Ono was 90.

Logic666
Jan 2, 2024
First death of the year...and it's LesMcCann, jazz pianist sampled by rappers like Notorious B.I.G and Snoop Dogg.

https://www.variety.com/2024/music/news/les-mccann-jazz-pianist-dead-1235859083/

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Sir Nose posted:

Tupac is on someone’s list, I thought they were taking the piss on that one

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
Has anyone looked at who the most guessed person is? From reading over them I would say Mitch McConnell

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
just gonna say Nick Nolte and move on.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Has anyone looked at who the most guessed person is? From reading over them I would say Mitch McConnell

I counted Mitch 18 times and Jimmy Carter 17 times on the first page.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Most zombies take to shambling around, looking for brains to munch on in the afterlife.

Jimmy Carter’s zombie will probably just keep building houses, though.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

Icon Of Sin posted:

Most zombies take to shambling around, looking for brains to munch on in the afterlife.

Jimmy Carter’s zombie will probably just keep building houses, though.

peeeeeaaaaanuuuuutsssss

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

Whenever I get around to putting this on a spreadsheet I will gather all these little fun facts for you guys.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

I just found Tupac..fuckin Outrail..

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Anderson Koopa posted:

I counted Mitch 18 times and Jimmy Carter 17 times on the first page.

I got 17 for both and another 17 for Bruce Willis

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

If you don’t have Jimmy Carter on your list are you really trying? We all seen him at that funeral. He’s not long for this earth.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I had him on mine but somebody gave me grief for it.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
I wouldn't have actually entered the contest, but for some reason, my mind said "Chevy Chase". That would have been my sole guess. And still is.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I thought about jimmy carter, but I thought it might be too obvious and easy

Peter Falk
Sep 29, 2023
Yeah the JC man is a gimme at this point.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Occupying the free space.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Peter Falk posted:

Yeah the JC man is a gimme at this point.

You say that, but remember QE2 and how long she kept stringing people along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Fuckstick posted:

I just found Tupac..fuckin Outrail..

Fantastic, I knew he wasn't dead but I am not having relations with him.